PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Kaepernick gone Vegan past 9 mo., lost lots of muscle mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I thought it was anything slaughtered by unacceptable means.. which you could argue a lot of meat is.
it's both. there are foods that are strictly forbidden. for those that aren't forbidden, they must be processed in an acceptable way.

The only common meats that are explicitly prohibited in "all" cases are pork and other pig products.* Poultry, beef, and lamb are all acceptable, as is all seafood.

*There are other "delicacies" that are forbidden (e.g., monkey); I'm talking stuff you can buy in most supermarkets.

Wait! So if I convert, I can't eat monkey? :eek:

Why would I want to give it up? It's so much fun kicking him when he's down!

CK is a starter in one sense. Mark Sanchez, RGIII, and Johnny Manziel's stores are tired so he's become the favorite QB punching bag.

I think Herschel Walker went vegan (after football), but he looked amazing in his late 40's/early 50's

He had no issue with maintaining muscle mass.

Ok, maybe he's only a vegetarian, but this is him at 53.

Herschel_WalkerPhoto.jpg

Muscle mass isnt an issue . What happens if you go smart vegan (which I am- meaning not downing processed and high fat foods) you often drop alot of fat just by dropping dairy and not eating meat products. The body burns carbs first, then fat, then muscle (in a starvation situation) so Kaepernick's weight loss would be most likely fat reduction. Whole food plant based diet provides plenty of protein even for athletes. All this is under the assumption he maintains his lifting/workout regimen.

I think Herschel Walker went vegan (after football), but he looked amazing in his late 40's/early 50's

He had no issue with maintaining muscle mass.

Ok, maybe he's only a vegetarian, but this is him at 53.

Walker says that he doesn't eat red meat. He says he eats just one meal a day (soup and salad), but does eat chicken on occasion (not surprising, given that he owns a chicken company).

Mac Danzig, Carl Lewis and Venus Williams are vegans. And Robt Parish too, altho perhaps after he retired. There are hundreds of vegetarian (as opposed to vegan) athletes--excellent for marathon runners, swimmers etc because great for endurance.

PS just read that Mike Tyson is and has been for some time a vegan (post retirement)

it's both. there are foods that are strictly forbidden. for those that aren't forbidden, they must be processed in an acceptable way.

That's why I said prohibited in all cases. Most Muslims in the US should be able to find a Halal butcher (and even some supermarkets carry Halal meat now). So if he were Muslim, that shouldn't require him to be vegan.

His arms look smaller. Is that good for the NFL?

Screw him. He lost a lot more than muscle mass. He lost respect for this country. I'm sorry, all the bleeding hearts can feel sorry for him. I have zero respect for him.

Why the fascination here with this goof? First we have threads about his misguided socio-political snit, now people care about his diet?

I wish his diet was one of steady lead....

Vegan, Moslem, and BLM…that makes Kap a 3-time Loser. Eff him to hell.

Vegan, Moslem, and BLM…that makes Kap a 3-time Loser. Eff him to hell.
We really should add a middle finger emote. I guarantee it'll become the most used within days. Until then, as a Vegan, I guess I'll just step back and take a bow.

I would also like to add that I cannot wait for football season to start. These are very interesting topics, but when I go to the front of the forum and see crap on Bridgewater, and two different threads about Kap, I get a little heated. I guess it's an upgrade over the "let's trade Brady." "How much can jimmy get us in trade?" "Dobson didnt pan out so BB reallly sux as a talent evaluator." threads. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with any of those statements, but they get old real quick.

We really should add a middle finger emote. I guarantee it'll become the most used within days. Until then, as a Vegan, I guess I'll just step back and take a bow.

You're from the constellation Lyra? You're a space alien performer? You ate Vegas?...I'm a little confused now...and getting a bit scared too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick