Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Kaepernick goes vegan, but claims it hasn’t led to muscle loss

Colin Kaepernick confirms vegan diet, says he can still build muscle mass

Kaepernick: Weight loss not due to vegan diet

This issue will determine if he can play in the NFL and avoid injury so it's probably more important than sitting down during the National Anthem. Surely he knows it's hard enough to stay in shape without going vegan. I have nothing against going vegan - there are just practical considerations.

So you wonder if CK has recently changed his outlook on life given his behavior lately, and if he's realistic on what he can and can not do.

It's rumored he converted to Islam (his girlfriend did, at least) and a lot of meats are considered "haram" (forbidden).

This might be a record for this site.....a PATRIOTS based website....has THREE (3!!!) threads focusing on a QB who plays 3000 miles away. One whom may not even be playing the Patriots when they meet in Week 11. Just astounding really. Give it up for yourselves.

there are other vegans are the professional level.

doesn't seem like an issue if you know what you are doing.

Again, I have nothing against it. If other NFL player have gone vegan, could you drop a couple of names?

Revolu%C5%A3ie-genetic%C4%83-Organe-de-porc-transplantate-la-om.jpg

"I'm 100% for anyone going Vegan or converting to Islam. Allahu akbar!" ;)

This might be a record for this site.....a PATRIOTS based website....has THREE (3!!!) threads focusing on a QB who plays 3000 miles away. One whom may not even be playing the Patriots when they meet in Week 11. Just astounding really. Give it up for yourselves.

CK has certainly been a spectacle of himself lately, but I'm not what would be considered a fan of his.

Again, I have nothing against it. If other NFL player have gone vegan, could you drop a couple of names?

Arian Foster and Tony Gonzalez both tried it, but ended up back on the meat train.

CK has certainly been a spectacle of himself lately, but I'm not what would be considered a fan of his.

I'm not either because I don't really care either way. He's not hurting me or affecting my daily life in anyway, so whatever he does is like water off a back.

I don't like ignoring threads even though it's a good feature (just one of many here on the site) but this is crazy. Patriots have been making moves, teams are about to let interesting players go in the next few days, another preseason game is tomorrow and 3 of the 28 threads on the front page here is all about him.

@Zeus did make a good point in another thread about this possibly turning into an issue between players and owners, which I'm all for. But still, this is crazy.

Arian Foster is vegan too...

Why would I want to give it up? It's so much fun kicking him when he's down!

It's rumored he converted to Islam (his girlfriend did, at least) and a lot of meats are considered "haram" (forbidden).

The only common meats that are explicitly prohibited in "all" cases are pork and other pig products.* Poultry, beef, and lamb are all acceptable, as is all seafood.

*There are other "delicacies" that are forbidden (e.g., monkey); I'm talking stuff you can buy in most supermarkets.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
The only common meats that are explicitly prohibited in "all" cases are pork and other pig products.* Poultry, beef, and lamb are all acceptable, as is all seafood.

*There are other "delicacies" that are forbidden (e.g., monkey); I'm talking stuff you can buy in most supermarkets.

Hmm, I thought it was anything slaughtered by unacceptable means.. which you could argue a lot of meat is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back