PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Cole Strange-Welcome to the Pats

only that it was the 78 overall pick...i think nobody is arguing about the player or need
It was, but the same comments exist. "Bill reached by 100 picks!" "They value guys way differently than other teams!" etc

Here's the thread for when Thuney was drafted. It's a funny read, because pretty much all of the same complaints and arguments are made there as are being made here. Thuney ended up being pretty good, at least in my opinion! Seemed like the Pats knew what they were doing.

78 is in the 3rd round

It was, but the same comments exist. "Bill reached by 100 picks!" "They value guys way differently than other teams!" etc
reaching on late day 2 or day 3 is more fine to me than first or second rd.

This is a hard one to accept. The one thing that stood out for me last year on D was how slow they were. A lack of athletic talent stood out. Last night there was an opportunity to add to Barmore and Dugger with a blue chipper. Trading down and then selecting a guard is a mismanagment of resources. This is the first time I've started to question Bill. This one is hard to take.
This whole off-season has been confusing

IQ is excellent and he's a smart player that can make plays all over the field. I agree about the size but the talent can overcome. 6'0 is on the smaller side but its not that much of a difference where you overlook a talent from the SEC because of 3 inches in height.
I never wanted Dean so I'd rather the guard.

I was listening to Dane Brugler on the Athletic podcast and he loves the pick and the player. Obviously he thinks its a slight reach too but it's made me feel a bit better. Most teams had a 2nd round grade on him apparently so it's not quite a Jordan Richards style pick. The one thing I'm clinging to is that teams undervalued the tape because of the level of competition. He's at least uber athletic.

At least we get to now watch this defense struggle all year and wish they drafted one of the corners available

Indeed.

I suppose that you preferred ferentz at OG and backup center.

Bill wanted a starting guard (who could backup at center) and got the guy he wanted for 5 years at the end of the first round.

Please feel free to ignore the rest of the draft and free agency.

You're right. Bill can do whatever he wants and I can feel however I want. Strange might come good but right now, it feels like a super underwhelming pick. Hope I'm wrong.

I am a bill supporter but have hard time agreeing with this pick . A guard in first round when you can even trade back and do it in second round . If they did not have a offer to trade down and drafted a guy who might have been a mid 40s in 29 that is overreaching and drafting for a need as opposed to value. Last year was drafting value .

This is not and bill needs to take the flak for it. If this fails , bill the GM needs to be fired . I don't know how Kraft can sleep on the night after this shocker . There would definitely be questions and bill better answer them.

If strange doesn't contribute in year 1 that's even more bad value . You. Ant waste first rounders on rookie contracts . That's criminal. We had dax hill who would have been a proven versatile day 1 starter and who knows potentially a mccourty replacement .

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back