PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Cole Strange-Welcome to the Pats

Bill Belichick and his staff feel after all of their evaluations that Strange is a 1st round talent and was the best player available.
What is your evaluation that he is not based upon?
Not a fair question. Why don’t you ask the reigning Super Bowl champions the same question. They’re the ones with the staff that do this for a living.

Good article from Ian on Cole Strange which certainly helps me understand the pick

Patriots Make a Surprise Pick in Chatanooga OL Strange
Ian Logue

The credit is in the results. 6 rings speak for themselves
Zero without Brady.

My guess is Belichick will garner only one more playoff victory. So that’ll be two in his career without TB12.

Actually, EasyWolf is on to something valid. Those highly ranked defensive players we passed on to get this Strange OG will be compared just as the lackluster production of N’Keal Harry is compared with the wideouts we could have drafted that year.

Bill is obviously not a good drafter. He is too impatient. The odds that Strange would have been available at 54 are overwhelming.
Based upon what?
Belichick says they expected he would be gone soon.

Here is a mock draft by a former scout putting him at 28.

Question to you. How many teams would have to agree with the patriots (and this scouts as well) evaluation of Strange for him to not be there by 54? Answer ONE.

28. Green Bay Packers: Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga​

Strange is a guy that has been rising up draft boards as of late. He was a nasty mauler at Chattanooga who would help Green Bay switch to more of a balanced offensive attack. After trading Adams, they might look to pound the rock more with Aaron Jones and A.J. Dillon.

Supposedly strange had the 7th best athletic stats in the last 35 years for a guard and quite a few OL had already gone so they might not think he is still there in the 2nd. Yeah it's not the shiny new toy we all wanted but the sky isn't falling in.

Zero without Brady.

My guess is Belichick will garner only one more playoff victory. So that’ll be two in his career without TB12.
He coached 20 years with Brady, hoe was he supposed to be winning without him while he was on his team? Ignore 20 years of anyones career and you get a different result.

Zero without Brady.

You have already demonstrated your guesses have no value.

Strange is getting first round money at the least important position other than TE in a Josh McDaniels offense.
Are we using the Daniels offense this year?

I could care less what you believe. And what I believe doesn't matter. What matters is what Belichick believed. Belichick has already inferred that he had information that Strange wouldn't have been there for the Pats 2nd pick.

People like yourself were CERTAIN that the Patriots REACHED on Logan Mankins. That Mankins would have been on the board for the Pats 2nd round pick. And then it came out that the 49ers were going to take Mankins at 33. Then, the Patriots didn't look so bad. And, they looked even less so when Mankins turned into the amazing player that he did.

You should brush up on the definition of insanity. You and many others are the same ones who took Belichick to task over drafting Mankins.

BTW, I gave up trying to guess where guys would go over a decade ago. Now, I just like to learn about players and trying to understand the Patriots thought process. Getting my panties in a wad the way you and thousands of others do over picks that you have ZERO control over is just a waste of time.

BTW, I've spent the entire night LAUGHING at people like you and the ridiculous takes. Because you've not learned a damn thing in the last 20 years of Belichick coaching this team.

Your the king of the Koolaid drinkers

Let me ask you a serious question….
Do you also think Jordan Richards would have been gone before the third round?

You must be Belichicks proctologist

Not a fair question. Why don’t you ask the reigning Super Bowl champions the same question. They’re the ones with the staff that do this for a living.
I’m asking you to defend your opinion which clearly is based upon nothing.

I am far away from being excited but let the kid chance to prove his value.
I remember two years ago discussion about Dugger's pick and a common surprise. Today we have got a very valuable player. I hope Strange will follow that way as well.

And yet the 29 pick in 2020 got paid significantly more. In terms of salary cap hit, the Titans Isaiah Wilson’s contract ranges from $2.1 million in 2020 to $3.7 million in 2023.

Where are you getting your number from? It's not from PatsCap or from OverTheCap.
Isaiah Wilson's contract was 4yr/11.568M. That is NOT more than Stokes 4yr/11.9M contract.

Isaiah Wilson's 2020 Cap hit for the Titans would have been 2.068M had he not been CUT. That's less than Stokes 2.17M. The Titans ATE Wilson's signing bonus when they cut him. That's why his cap hit became $6.55M

And ranging it like you did has no bearing on the situation. You're flat out WRONG. In no universe is $3yr/18M with a $5M cap hit BETTER than a 4yr/14.28M deal (my projection based on a 20%increase).

Strange is getting first round money at the least important position other than TE in a Josh McDaniels offense.
This isn't Josh McDaniel's offense. It's Bill Belichick's. Maybe that's YOUR problem. And OG was an issue all year last year. You'd know this if you paid attention to the games.

What is important is his very limited production at center. Without Andrews we’re screwed. Maybe Strange can be an adequate fillin.

He has one career start at center. One! And he practiced at the position during the Senior Bowl.

This 24-year-old was over drafted, a Belichick penchant, by about two rounds.
What is your PROOF that Belichick overdrafted Strange? I mean, other than YOUR say so and the numerous draft mags that are wrong as much as they are right?

Please show the CONCRETE evidence to support your claims.

Supposedly strange had the 7th best athletic stats in the last 35 years for a guard and quite a few OL had already gone so they might not think he is still there in the 2nd. Yeah it's not the shiny new toy we all wanted but the sky isn't falling in.

What athletic stat would that be?

The biggest stretch?

Your the king of the Koolaid drinkers

Let me ask you a serious question….
Do you also think Jordan Richards would have been gone before the third round?

You must be Belichicks proctologist

Nope. Not the king of anything. But that's the typical asinine commentary we get from you. And, per usual, you throw out your BS Red Herring questions that have nothing to do with anything.

What athletic stat would that be?

The biggest stretch?

His athletic stats were posted.. But you clearly couldn't be bothered to read such facts because they destroy the asinine take you chose all the time. Like all the facts do when put into context. Just like they did when you claimed the Patriots WRs were the "worst in the league". Despite my showing you 10 other teams whose WRs were worse. At least in terms of catching TDs.

But please. Keep doing your typical schtick of posting BS, insulting people by calling them "Kool-Aid drinkers" because they believe in facts and not ridiculous opinions.

Who are YOU to say that Strange isn't "first round talent"? Or are you basing that on the Draftnicks of the world? The Kipers, McShays, Bruglers?

BB has already implied they had knowledge that Strange wasn't going to make it to #54. So, what makes you believe you're right and BB is wrong?

I don't believe I'm right and Bill is wrong. I just have an opinion.

I wanted to type the same expression but was afraid If I would be banned. Seriously.. Cole strange . Freaking strange... Really irritated with this pick after all the drama and expectations..

His athletic stats were posted.. But you clearly couldn't be bothered to read such facts because they destroy the asinine take you chose all the time. Like all the facts do when put into context. Just like they did when you claimed the Patriots WRs were the "worst in the league". Despite my showing you 10 other teams whose WRs were worse. At least in terms of catching TDs.

But please. Keep doing your typical schtick of posting BS, insulting people by calling them "Kool-Aid drinkers" because they believe in facts and not ridiculous opinions.

Wow ….. you really are a Belichick Brown Nose.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back