PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cole Beasley

Whether or not Beasley is a "weasel" is irrelevant. As for too old, he caught 82 passes last year, with a catch percentage of 73%.
I can't dismiss other peoples feelings about the guy (and mine) as irrevelant...but I get that you can. All good.

Y'all wanted Berrios, but Beasley's a "no"?

rofl.gif
I'm out just because of age.

Pass. Not a fan.

Y'all wanted Berrios, but Beasley's a "no"?

rofl.gif
Washed up and wasn't that good to begin with. Anything you sign him for, he'll never outperform his contract at this point.

At least Berrios' career arc is still on the upswing. If you get him cheap, there's at least the possibility of getting proportionally better production than what you paid.

I'm out just because of age.

The Patriots need

WR1
SlotWR

Beasley fits the bill for the second one. People are welcome to argue about some other available FA. But to dismiss the player out of hand is just foolishness.

1647541952535.png

1647541891099.png

1647542024484.png

Attachments

• 1647541817572.png
    1647541817572.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
I don't get people who are automatically dismissing Beasley.
He's had 82 catches in his last 2 seasons. If you don't think he can still get quick separation and help our receiving corp in the slot, you're crazy.
He's a FA now, and if he gets blackballed by most teams because of the vaxx, then BB could bring him here for cheap money on a 1 or 2 year deal. I mean, trading out Harry for Beasely would be a no-brainer. Then we can still bring in a draftee and develop PS guys like Nixon and Wilkerson. Plus, our top 3 guys are going to be better this year.

If this was 5-6 years maybe. But he hasn’t been an impact player for a while. He doesn’t add anything for our team.

The Patriots need

WR1
SlotWR

Beasley fits the bill for the second one. People are welcome to argue about some other available FA. But to dismiss the player out of hand is just foolishness.

View attachment 41862

View attachment 41861

View attachment 41863

I'm with Deus on this one. If he can be had real cheap, he is a serviceable slot receiver with a huge basket of experience and knowledge. The only downside is his persona and if that'd affect anything, which we don't really know yet.

Beasley has a lot of experience, enough to meet Mac halfway while he is still learning.

If there are better slot options, I'm all ears. Someone said he's a fake Welker. Welp. Welker is literally one of, if not the best pure slot-receiver of all time and defined the position. So if you can even manage a comparison, that's kinda good.

The Patriots need

WR1
SlotWR

View attachment 41862

View attachment 41861

View attachment 41863
Wes Welker was 31 when the Pats moved on from him. Jules retired at 34. Beasley is 32. I am not in on the player because he's 32 and will likely get a multi year deal. I don't care about his politics or the BS that comes out of his mouth or his social media accounts. I care about getting younger across the board.

Wes Welker was 31 when the Pats moved on from him. Jules retired at 34. Beasley is 32. I am not in on the player because he's 32 and will likely get a multi year deal. I don't care about his politics or the BS that comes out of his mouth or his social media accounts. I care about getting younger across the board.

You should care about them getting better. They don't need to be younger at WR.

Again, I'm not saying that everyone should be all in on the guy. I'm not even saying that people should want him. I'm just saying that the arguments for passing on him have been foolish arguments.

You should care about them getting better. They don't need to be younger at WR.

Again, I'm not saying that everyone should be all in on the guy. I'm not even saying that people should want him. I'm just saying that the arguments for passing on him have been foolish arguments.
They need to be younger across the board. Cole Beasley is a fine player, however, my preference would be to spend that money A) someplace else or B) on someone younger.

They need to be younger across the board. Cole Beasley is a fine player, however, my preference would be to spend that money A) someplace else or B) on someone younger.

Younger across the board is completely irrelevant to the WR position. Old age is 0% of the WR problem.

Meyers - 25
Agholor - 28
Bourne - 26
Harry - 24
Wilkerson - 24

Beasley would be a great addition. He's not washed up at all. He's an excellent slot receiver who has had 82 receptions 2 years in a row even while missing some games. In 2020 he had close to 1000 yards. He's got a few years left in him.

Younger across the board is completely irrelevant to the WR position. Old age is 0% of the WR problem.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

I hear you. I think most people don't want him because of his politics/vaxx status/stance. I could care less. They have always been able to control the message. Get players to drink the Kool-Aide, so to speak. I'd rather have JuJu or Crowder. Will Fuller should be dirt cheap. Just some younger options.

Yes on Beasley.

He would be cheap money which BB likes. Unless yall want BB to draft the next Harry of slot WRs.

Years ago it would be a no brainer, but I wouldn't do it now. It looks like he is fighting through pain every time I see him play.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back