PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Staff Concerns (*posts moved out of rookie camp thread)

Totally. It would be unprecedented for Belichick to allow somebody with Judge’s background to be quarterbacks coach. He wasn’t even a starter in a top 20 D1 football program (LOL), and he obviously couldn’t have learned anything about playing quarterback as a high level high school player or as a backup in college for three years, or certainly during his subsequent years as a coach in the NFL.

I hate to write this but it’s time for us to consider the possibility that Bill has become senile. The only thing more absurd than making Judge the quarterbacks coach would be for Belichick to give that job to a coach who never played quarterback in college and never had any experience on the offensive side of the ball at the NFL level. That would be a truly fireable offense.

View attachment 43182
View attachment 43183

View attachment 43185

YOU ARE A MASSIVE PUTZ.
As opposed to Charlie Weiss who played 0 football in college and graduated with a degree in speech and drama. That sure helped him win Super Bowls

I think Mac can teach Judge more about being a QB than the other way around. I get why Mac says:
“Obviously, I’m going to learn with him. The goal is to kind of teach each other, move along, and take what he knows, take the experiences that I have, and combine them, and work together as a great team.”

Mac be like: "Joe, take the pebble from my hand." Hahahahaha

What makes you think he will not get away with the way he operates? Kraft is going to fire him? No other team in the league would hire him? This type of take lacks reasonable support. BB is a better coach than the vast majority of coaches in the NFL, and accordingly, he can act as he likes. That is the way it is - posters on a message board do not change the reality on the ground.

I’ve already said I think Kraft would consider making a change if Belichick goes 5 years with no success

He won’t be around long enough to get to that point anyways I would imagine given his age

I’ve never liked the bland press conferences etc over the last 20 years, but it just sort of became a humorous footnote in what was the greatest dynasty of all time. If we were a middling team struggling to win our division and get playoff births for the last 20 years, I don’t think we would have appreciated Belichick’s style all that much

I'd be OK with this. Let Mac cook.

Totally. It would be unprecedented for Belichick to allow somebody with Judge’s background to be quarterbacks coach. He wasn’t even a starter in a top 20 D1 football program (LOL), and he obviously couldn’t have learned anything about playing quarterback as a high level high school player or as a backup in college for three years, or certainly during his subsequent years as a coach in the NFL.

I hate to write this but it’s time for us to consider the possibility that Bill has become senile. The only thing more absurd than making Judge the quarterbacks coach would be for Belichick to give that job to a coach who never played quarterback in college and never had any experience on the offensive side of the ball at the NFL level. That would be a truly fireable offense.

View attachment 43182
View attachment 43183

View attachment 43185

YOU ARE A MASSIVE PUTZ.

**** Rehbein​

Article Talk
  • Language
  • Watch
  • Edit

Richard Rehbein (November 22, 1955 – August 6, 2001) was an American footballcoach for twenty-three seasons in the NFL, filling a variety of roles as an offensive position coach.
**** Rehbein
As a coach:
Career history
Career information
Personal information
Born:November 22, 1955
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Died:August 6, 2001(aged 45)
Boston, Massachusetts
College:Ripon

Playing careerEdit​

Rehbein attended Ripon College, where he was a Division III All-American center. He was part of the Green Bay Packers' 1977training camp but did not make their final roster.[1]

As opposed to Charlie Weiss who played 0 football in college and graduated with a degree in speech and drama. That sure helped him win Super Bowls
Yep. NFL history is littered with similar examples. I was just trying to point out the absurdity of using the fact that Judge rode the pine as a backup QB at Mississippi State as evidence that he is unfit to be the quarterbacks coach. McDaniels background before becoming quarterbacks coach and soon there after offensive coordinator seemed like an appropriate comparison.

I am rooting for the Patriots to get off to a strong start this season for several reasons. The primary reason is obviously because I am a diehard fan and always want them to succeed, but a significant ancillary benefit would be the disappearance of all of the trolls and members of the Patsfans Fellowship of the Miserable.

That is why I call BULLSH*T when some here try to argue that the obvious trolls who live to derail threads and the relentless critics of Belichick (and every decision that he makes) are actual Pats fans. Those “fans” only surface from their mothers’ basements when they feel that there is something to complain about or bash Belichick for, typically when the local and national sports media trolls and the twitter clickbate kings are piling on as well.

When times are good and the Patriots are receiving widespread local and national praise, most of those “fans” suddenly disappear from the main forum (some you can still surely find in the Tompa Gronka thread). Funny how that works.

**** Rehbein​

Article Talk
  • Language
  • Watch
  • Edit

Richard Rehbein (November 22, 1955 – August 6, 2001) was an American footballcoach for twenty-three seasons in the NFL, filling a variety of roles as an offensive position coach.
**** Rehbein
Personal information
Career information
Career history
As a coach:
Born:November 22, 1955
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Died:August 6, 2001(aged 45)
Boston, Massachusetts
College:Ripon

Playing careerEdit​

Rehbein attended Ripon College, where he was a Division III All-American center. He was part of the Green Bay Packers' 1977training camp but did not make their final roster.[1]
I’m missing your point. I know the story of **** Rehbein and how it relates to an ex-Patriots QB.

I’m missing your point. I know the story of **** Rehbein and how it relates to an ex-Patriots QB.
He also did not play or coach the position before becoming qb coach

I am rooting for the Patriots to get off to a strong start this season for several reasons. The primary reason is obviously because I am a diehard fan and always want them to succeed, but a significant ancillary benefit would be the disappearance of all of the trolls and members of the Patsfans Fellowship of the Miserable.

I think the best reason to hope for a fast start is to solidify the new coaches message/aptitude with the players. I'm not one who's buying into the "the players already hate it" narrative that's floating around, but any time you have a coach in a new position, you want the players to see results from their coaching early so it makes it easier to trust that coaching later. I have faith in Bill to keep the ship upright if there's early struggles, but it sure would go a long way if they hit the ground running.

Interesting.

Including McD there are 6 previous Patriots coaches (yeah some left the team a while ago) with the Raiders.

Yeah doing the right thing

Hyperbole aside, one of the 6 is McDaniels.
2 of the 6 left the patriots long ago.
One had his contract expire and was not offered a job here
One was an asst Qb coach and McDaniel protege
So Mick Lombardi left because he got promoted to OC. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
The patriots list 1 assistant they would have kept, because he got promoted.

So Mick Lombardi left because he got promoted to OC. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
I already said that. McD is one of the 6. Others have left for other reason. Read my post please.

"Including McD there are 6 previous Patriots coaches (yeah some left the team a while ago) with the Raiders."

Last edited:
I already said that. McD is one of the 6. Others have left for other reason. Read my posts please.
I did. Read mine. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

So in the end he really just poached 2 guys, then, assuming this info is correct.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back