PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CLOWN OUT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveKiner

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Where does the Clown shirts for opening night idea stand? Has that progressed at all? Is there a go fund me or anything going on? I want this to happen.

Some had put the red nose idea out there as a backup. For the next month, for a charity cause, Walgreens is selling red clown noses for $1

Walgreens doesn't clown around with its new Red Nose charity campaign

I floated this idea around originally in one of the T-shirt threads and it was drowned out in that long thread. Alibaba has them in bulk for 9 cents a piece if you order in bulk. You could order one for each person in Gillette Stadium for less than $5,000. This seems like a doable project that could be funded pretty easily via gofundme if we could get some publicity via radio and social media. The problem would be with distribution to such a large crowd. You would have to strategically station people in the parking lots and near the entrance gates.

Just boo the hell out of him. It seems like the effort to do the work just isn't worth it. If you asre lucky enough to be at the game, just enjoy it and don't get all stressed trying to organize a campaign against a clown. It seems like booing will get the point across and be more cathartic.

Maybe just don't pay top dollar to attend the game? All the boos in the world don't mean a damn thing if you're figuratively giving the guy money in order to do it. But that's not going to happen either.

Despite the contrarian naysayers, go ahead and wear yours.
It can't be organized by the team or even publically. The team would open themselves to retribution. For those contrarians that say that is paranoid, tell me again why the NFL thinks Tom Brady deflates tires worldwide in winter.

Publically you can scare Goodell away. (I think that be a victory, but that may be me.)

Start a kickstarter, raise $5k, buy them in bulk for 9 cents a piece, hand them out for free.

The noses are a terrible idea.
The shirt is what equates goodell to being a clown.
If 50,000 people where clown noses no one will get why and we will just look like a fan base who wore clown noses to celebrate our championship.

Sadly there just isn't anyone out there with the ability and willingness to organize #clownout which would have been a great event.

Its still a great idea. Just booing doesn't do enough. 68000 clown shirt guys would be a THREE hour humiliation for Goodell. Something that the cameras couldn't avoid. Booing lasts just seconds and is over and forgotten, which is what Fraudger wants....and expects.

Granted the Pats can't do it themesleve. It would take an outside sourse to fund the t-shirts, and figure out the logistics of getting to the 68000 people who will be coming to the game.

What would be needed would be a few dozen volunteers. The semi with the Tee shirts could be parked in some rest area at some cental location on 495 or some other major artery. The volunteers would go and pick up a few thousand shirts each and head down to assigned parking lot areas where they will distribute the shirts. a few more can man the main entrances to the stadium to pick up any stragglers who were missed in the parking lots.

I had envisiioned the Shirts being funded by Barstool in exchange for the national advertizing they'd get on opening night. But is Juxtapoz is correct and the shirts are THAT cheap, we could probably do a crowd source, and any money left over we can give to Best Buddies. Plus any T-shirts left over we can give to a charity to sell and keep the money.

This is REALLLLLLLY very doable folks. All it takes is a bit of time and organization. We certainly have enough time to do it. We just have to get off our asses and stop talking about it and start to take steps to make it a reality.

So how about this, If your are interested in participating is making a "clown-out" a reality (sponsored by Patsfans.com) why not make a start.

Would Ian support some kind of meeting, either in person or online of interested people willing to take this from a 'Nice idea" to reality. PM Ian or me to show your interested and we can start moving on this opportunity to really do something special

patfanken is right. It's totally doable. Even if 25% of the crowd were to participate, it would get the point across. And it doesn't have to be an either or, a shirt vs a nose. As the idea picks up steam, there will be all sorts of variations that add to the fun.

Someone previously mentioned the light up blinking noses as well. Those would show up on TV during regular camera shots of the game, as opposed to the other options which would require close ups.

lol 68,000 tshirts that cost $20 each.

those clown noses are just held on by friction, and not very well at that. i can't imagine that 68,000 people will want to wear them on their noses for 3+ hours, constantly having to fiddle with them to get them to stay on.

on the other hand, t-shirts are "set it and forget it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back