PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clemson/OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewskie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Curious what everyone thinks of the controversial overturned fumble return for TD?

Was that a catch and fumble?
Was that an incomplete pass?
Was that a catch and forward progress stopped (no fumble)?

I mean I’ve given up on what a football move is anymore. To me, it looked like he had firm control of the football even though he didn’t bring the ball in to his body. I thought it should have been a scoop and score, and I wasn’t even rooting for Ohio State.

I mean I’ve given up on what a football move is anymore. To me, it looked like he had firm control of the football even though he didn’t bring the ball in to his body. I thought it should have been a scoop and score, and I wasn’t even rooting for Ohio State.

The only football move I understand is when a team moves from one city to another

It was a catch and fumble - and Clemson would have won anyways. The forward progress thing is made up by Clemson fans who know they got a gift.

Had Shaun Wade not been ejected, that game was over.

The fumble that wasn’t was just icing on the cake and reminiscent of the Gilmore kc call.

Wouldn’t necessarily call Clemson the better team , but they stuck it out and won, so that’s that.

It was a catch and fumble - and Clemson would have won anyways. The forward progress thing is made up by Clemson fans who know they got a gift.
So, an erased TD that would’ve given them a 37-34 lead AND having the ball inside of the 15 yard line at the end = “Clemson would have won anyways” to you?

It was an insanely close game that was decided on the final play inside of the red zone. I could be wrong, but I’m guessing that an erased touchdown may have mattered more than you think.

That all said, OSU fans shouldn’t be crying too much about it. They played a good game against a good team, and breaks (or lack thereof) factor heavily into who wins. Sometimes you get them, and sometimes you don’t.

Had Shaun Wade not been ejected, that game was over.

The fumble that wasn’t was just icing on the cake and reminiscent of the Gilmore kc call.

Wouldn’t necessarily call Clemson the better team , but they stuck it out and won, so that’s that.
Yep. I agree that the front of the face mask targeting call changed the game in dramatic fashion. OSU was completely dominating. It is what it is. I don’t think they’d have beaten LSU, so as a fan, I’m trying to take comfort in that.

I mean, they ejected the Best CB on Ohio State which is a premier position against a top ranked pass attack. We’re not talking a safety or LB here. Love Lawrence and that was a great show he put on but just don’t think it was warranted. I guess if I was a die hard Clemson fan I’d feel differently. Neither am I an Ohio State fan as well.

So, an erased TD that would’ve given them a 37-34 lead AND having the ball inside of the 15 yard line at the end = “Clemson would have won anyways” to you?

It was an insanely close game that was decided on the final play inside of the red zone. I could be wrong, but I’m guessing that an erased touchdown may have mattered more than you think.

That all said, OSU fans shouldn’t be crying too much about it. They played a good game against a good team, and breaks (or lack thereof) factor heavily into who wins. Sometimes you get them, and sometimes you don’t.
It was 21-16 when it happened. OSU got the next TD anyways. You do not know how it plays out after that. OSU had 2nd and 4 at about the Clemson 40 with 4 minutes left and did not get a first down. Then let Clemson go 94 yards in an eye blink to lose the lead. Still had an excellent shot to win - and turned it over. Yes, I think Clemson would have won.

Cats everywhere are rejoicing since we have the Clemson Tigers vs the LSU Tigers for the title.

I mean, they ejected the Best CB on Ohio State which is a premier position against a top ranked pass attack. We’re not talking a safety or LB here. Love Lawrence and that was a great show he put on but just don’t think it was warranted. I guess if I was a die hard Clemson fan I’d feel differently. Neither am I an Ohio State fan as well.

wade is not the best CB on Ohio state

Slow motion looked like a fumble but full speed looked like an incompletion

It'd be easier to determine it by being a "grown man move."

That call sucks ass.

But Lawrence's ability to keep defenders on their toes by strategically using his eyes, and Fields staring down his receiver was the story for me at the end of the game. OSU could've won that all the way up the last second.

I hate Ohio State and that's a catch and fumble. Once that 3rd foot hits to me it's a completed pass. I don't know why the rules don't just clearly spell that out.

Anybody from OSU who wants to complain go revisit this awful call.

I hate Ohio State and that's a catch and fumble. Once that 3rd foot hits to me it's a completed pass. I don't know why the rules don't just clearly spell that out.

Anybody from OSU who wants to complain go revisit this awful call.

That’s the only college football game that I’ve ever been full on convinced was fixed by the refs. Would not surprise me at all to learn that someone had a lot of money on that game.

Curious what everyone thinks of the controversial overturned fumble return for TD?

Was that a catch and fumble?
Was that an incomplete pass?
Was that a catch and forward progress stopped (no fumble)?

Honestly, that call was about the worst case of over officiating I can ever remember. If he caught the ball in the end zone, it would have been ruled a touchdown, no question about it. A catch & three steps.

The only thing more maddening than the call was the rules expert in the booth trying to explain that he didn't make a football move.

If they can't figure out how to officiate these games with some degree of common sense, a lot of people are just going to stop watching. I haven't watched a college game all year & after watching that fiasco, it'll be a long time before I make it a point to watch another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News