PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Class of 2023 Hall Of Famers

Don Coryell, about F'n time.
Schefty must really like him some Ronde Barber, he's on his list twice

Congrats to Darrelle Revis, a true New England Patriot. He’ll always be remembered in blue and white, despite playing for some losers.

Darrell Revis 29 INT's 1 SB
Otis Smith 29 INT's 1 SB - had nice INT in SB
This is a joke.
How on earth Eric Allen not in, Sammuel, Buckley. Old timers who won Championships, getting penalized because no SB's available.

good... but not HoF good imo...

RE: Barber & the HOF... Everyone felt that Revis was a lock. So look at this and guess - which one is Barber and which one is Revis?
Stats
Career

TOTSOLOASTSACKFFFRYDSINTYDSAVGTDLNGPDSTFSTFYDSKB
Stats
Career

Last edited:
RE: Barber & the HOF... Everyone thinks Revis is a lock. So look at this and guess - which one is Barber and which one Revis?
Stats
Career

Stats
Career

i know which one is Revis.

im not sure why you felt the need to post this, because it doesn't make the point you think it makes... the lesson here is simple, Revis was a shut down corner, Barber wasn't - QBs avoided throwing at Revis for a decade, and when they did, he shut them down... Barber? not so much... your thoughtfully provided numbers bear that out...

Revis belongs in the HoF, and there is a reason he was a first ballot selection... Ronde Barber? good player, but come on...

Whatever. List seems ok to me.

I had forgotten just how great a career Zach Thomas had.

Coryell and Klecko were way, way overdue.

For me, Joe Klecko is the one I don't really get. He led the league in sacks one season. That's all it takes now? He was on some pretty terrible Jets teams and wasn't able to elevate them. I think Klecko actually benefited from the fact that the NFL didn't track tackles back then.

RE: Barber & the HOF... Everyone felt that Revis was a lock. So look at this and guess - which one is Barber and which one is Revis?
Stats
Career

Stats
Career

I'm guessing Revis is the one with the far lower volume stats because he wasn't allowing completions and QBs generally felt it was bad business throwing his way.

i know which one is Revis.

im not sure why you felt the need to post this, because it doesn't make the point you think it makes... the lesson here is simple, Revis was a shut down corner, Barber wasn't - QBs avoided throwing at Revis for a decade, and when they did, he shut them down... Barber? not so much...

Since when does "no one threw at him" become a Hall Of Fame stat? Career numbers are what we got. Barber had them in spades.

BTW - our "shutdown corner" gave up the easy TD in that Super Bowl. Yeah, yeah, I know he was picked by the ref but it's still fun to say this. :)

Since when does "no one threw at him" become a Hall Of Fame stat? Career numbers are what we got. Barber had them in spades.
I literally cannot believe you said that.

Is this a joke? Sarcasm? Am I missing something here?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back