PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung Concussion result of cheap hit after whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I have to justify my disagrees but I'll do it this time...it's not a flop if you actually trip over someone after being pushed backwards into them.

Not calling you out specifically just a general idea that if you disagree with a post wouldn’t it be good protocol to follow up with a response? Just makes for good conversation thread wise.

That's a GIF. You can literally watch it as many times as you want between now and death. I suggest you keep watching. He literally looked down, bent at the knee, and jumped backwards. He could have just as easily hopped over all those legs (since the push wasn't hard at all) but was instead looking to try to dry the penalty. That is a F-L-O-P. Otherwise, we should all be sitting here wondering how in the world the guy isn't pancaked on every running down.

Kontra - You need to get your eyes checked because it's plain as day that he was pushed and that the back of his leg was against Niles Paul when he fell. That's not a FLOP as you called it.

Kontra - You need to get your eyes checked because it's plain as day that he was pushed and that the back of his leg was against Niles Paul when he fell. That's not a FLOP as you called it.

No need. It's pretty obvious. Again, this is a GIF. It will still be playing in a data file somewhere after the nuclear holocaust. He bends at the knee and jumps backwards onto his back. That's a flop. Smart play, too, since he was trying to draw a flag. But let's call it like it is.

No need. It's pretty obvious. Again, this is a GIF. It will still be playing in a data file somewhere after the nuclear holocaust. He bends at the knee and jumps backwards onto his back. That's a flop. Smart play, too, since he was trying to draw a flag. But let's call it like it is.

The only thing obvious is that you can't tell the difference between someone being shoved while his leg is against another player and someone "flopping"..

The only thing obvious is that you can't tell the difference between someone being shoved while his leg is against another player and someone "flopping"..

His leg wasn't against another player. He got "shoved" back, bent at the knee, and flopped backward onto his back. That's a WWE style move. If that "shove" really knocked him back that far, he needs to be benched immediately because it's clear that KVN no longer has the upper body strength to shed blocks of a "shove" like that knocks him so violently on his rear end. Here, I Googled some assistance for you as well...

best optometrists in plano tx - Google Search

His leg wasn't against another player. He got "shoved" back, bent at the knee, and flopped backward onto his back. That's a WWE style move. If that "shove" really knocked him back that far, he needs to be benched immediately because it's clear that KVN no longer has the upper body strength to shed blocks of a "shove" like that knocks him so violently on his rear end. Here, I Googled some assistance for you as well...

best optometrists in plano tx - Google Search

Clearly you don't know WTF you are talking about and you clearly have no idea at the sequence of events..

At 2.30 - Van Noy has started turning away from ASJ and is in the process of stepping when ASJ puts his hands on him

At 2.54- Van Noy's foot is on the ground next to Paul's left knee.

At 2.76 - ASJ's arms are extended nearly fully, the outside of Van Noy's Right Knee hit's Paul in the left ass cheek and Van Noy is clearly off-balance.

At 2.88 - The back of Van Noy's right thigh is on Paul's ass.. Van Noy is twisting in an attempt to fall in such a way to minimize the impact.

You're the only one who needs to go see an optometrist, Kontra..

Clearly you don't know WTF you are talking about and you clearly have no idea at the sequence of events..

At 2.30 - Van Noy has started turning away from ASJ and is in the process of stepping when ASJ puts his hands on him

At 2.54- Van Noy's foot is on the ground next to Paul's left knee.

At 2.76 - ASJ's arms are extended nearly fully, the outside of Van Noy's Right Knee hit's Paul in the left ass cheek and Van Noy is clearly off-balance.

At 2.88 - The back of Van Noy's right thigh is on Paul's ass.. Van Noy is twisting in an attempt to fall in such a way to minimize the impact.

You're the only one who needs to go see an optometrist, Kontra..

The guy is off balance and yet has the ability to bend his knee, extend it, and flop backwards hard onto his back when he still could have simply just hopped over Paul? Again, if you believe that, then you shouldn't want Van Noy on the field if that's how weak he is. That wasn't a shove. That was a light push. Stuff like that occurs after every play. Van Noy reacted like he got hit by a truck and flew backwards onto his back. He was trying to draw a flag. That's the textbook definition of a flop. This started off as a joke at first but I guess I underestimated the amount of people who wouldn't be able to look at GIF and accurately discern what happened there. If the flag is thrown, it's a heads-up play and the Patriots steal an easy 15 yards. But the refs rightly saw how dramatic he was being and kept the flags in their pocket. Still, though, let's not act like this was something that it wasn't. That was flop. LeBron James probably watched that play and nodded his head in agreement.

The guy is off balance and yet has the ability to bend his knee, extend it, and flop backwards hard onto his back when he still could have simply just hopped over Paul? Again, if you believe that, then you shouldn't want Van Noy on the field if that's how weak he is. That wasn't a shove. That was a light push. Stuff like that occurs after every play. Van Noy reacted like he got hit by a truck and flew backwards onto his back. He was trying to draw a flag. That's the textbook definition of a flop. This started off as a joke at first but I guess I underestimated the amount of people who wouldn't be able to look at GIF and accurately discern what happened there. If the flag is thrown, it's a heads-up play and the Patriots steal an easy 15 yards. But the refs rightly saw how dramatic he was being and kept the flags in their pocket. Still, though, let's not act like this was something that it wasn't. That was flop. LeBron James probably watched that play and nodded his head in agreement.

Clearly you have no farking clue as to what you are talking about. His knee was bent because he'd just taken a step. That's how his foot ended up next to Paul's knee.

There is no way he could have "simple hopped over Paul" because he was on ONE FOOT when he was pushed by ASJ. Look at the .GIF. His left foot is off the ground. I don't know what fantasy reality you live in, but anyone who is standing on one leg after having taken a step and gets shoved from the side is going to go flying.

I pointed out the specific times that shows EXACTLY what's happening. You're the one who can't accurately discern what happened.

Clearly you have no farking clue as to what you are talking about. His knee was bent because he'd just taken a step. That's how his foot ended up next to Paul's knee.

Actually, I do, fat boy. I watched the GIF over a dozen times now. He takes a step back, looks at ASJ, the push occurs, he has enough time to look down, looks back, and acts like he got hit by Mack truck. Me and other teammates used to do that crap all the time in high school to try to draw the flag. I understand it's probably been a while since you've played (if you ever did), but that's quite common across just about every sport.

There is no way he could have "simple hopped over Paul" because he was on ONE FOOT when he was pushed by ASJ. Look at the .GIF. His left foot is off the ground. I don't know what fantasy reality you live in, but anyone who is standing on one leg after having taken a step and gets shoved from the side is going to go flying.

Wait, you don't think that a professional athlete, looking down, can hope over a body on the ground on one leg? What world are you living in?

I pointed out the specific times that shows EXACTLY what's happening. You're the one who can't accurately discern what happened.

It was a flop, Baby Huey. He was trying to draw a flag. It was a good, heads-up play (especially so if the flag actually got thrown) but he just sold it a little too much. What gives it away is two things:

1. How violently he lands on his back.

2. The fact that he doesn't bark or raise his hands at the nearby official afterward and simply gets up.

He knew was he was doing. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Actually, I do, fat boy. I watched the GIF over a dozen times now. He takes a step back, looks at ASJ, the push occurs, he has enough time to look down, looks back, and acts like he got hit by Mack truck. Me and other teammates used to do that crap all the time in high school to try to draw the flag. I understand it's probably been a while since you've played (if you ever did), but that's quite common across just about every sport.

So now you start with the insults because you can't ever admit to being wrong. As for how many times you've watched the GIF, if you truly had watched it a dozen times, you wouldn't be sticking to this garbage..

I love how you just make crap up. Van Noy didn't "look down, look back and then act like he got hit".

He was looking down at where people were as he took his step. That's when ASJ shoved him.. There was no LOOKING back and acting like he got hit. He was already in mid air when his head turned.

Wait, you don't think that a professional athlete, looking down, can hope over a body on the ground on one leg? What world are you living in?

What faux reality do you live in where a guy on one leg can get shoved from the side and "hop" over someone on the ground..

It was a flop, Baby Huey. He was trying to draw a flag. It was a good, heads-up play (especially so if the flag actually got thrown) but he just sold it a little too much. What gives it away is two things:

1. How violently he lands on his back.

2. The fact that he doesn't bark or raise his hands at the nearby official afterward and simply gets up.

He knew was he was doing. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Typical douchebag remarks from you.

Sorry, Kontra. You're fiction isn't reality. I'm done with your garbage in this thread.

He could have done with without the WWE-style flop onto the back.

Nah, Van Noy only ways about 12 lbs. thats why the jags won yesterday, they are so much stronger and heavier then the patriots, they just pushed the pats out of the way to open running holes.

He was. He was last week as well. Dude is always a mile in trail of his guy. Dude hasn’t lost a step, he’s lost a half dozen.
He was right on his man for the most part, they just made some good throws and tough catches

So now you start with the insults because you can't ever admit to being wrong.

I mean if you want to act like or speak to someone like an assh0le then don’t be surprised when they treat you and speak to you like one in return. Simple give and take. I would sincerely hope you don’t argue with your wife (if she stuck around at this point) like you argue with other posters on here.

“Honey, I think we need to slow down on the Twinkies and Ho-Ho’s.”

“Clearly you have no ****ing clue what you’re talking about, Barbara, because they were on sale at the store so me inhaling them like air isn’t costing us that much.”

As for how many times you've watched the GIF, if you truly had watched it a dozen times, you wouldn't be sticking to this garbage..

I love how you just make crap up. Van Noy didn't "look down, look back and then act like he got hit".

upload_2018-9-17_13-49-22.jpeg

Looking right at ASJ as the “shove” is initiated. He then looks down, knee bends, extends, and lands on his back.

What faux reality do you live in where a guy on one leg can get shoved from the side and "hop" over someone on the ground..

The reality where a professional athlete can jump higher on one leg than most people on this forum can on two. That’s just called “reality.” What altered state of consciousness you’re currently living in is what’s up for debate here.

Typical douchebag remarks from you.

Sorry, Kontra. You're fiction isn't reality. I'm done with your garbage in this thread.

I would be too if I were you.

Maybe the fat on your face is partially obscuring your vision?

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-17_13-49-22.png
    upload_2018-9-17_13-49-22.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 4
That's a GIF. You can literally watch it as many times as you want between now and death. I suggest you keep watching. He literally looked down, bent at the knee, and jumped backwards. He could have just as easily hopped over all those legs (since the push wasn't hard at all) but was instead looking to try to dry the penalty. That is a F-L-O-P. Otherwise, we should all be sitting here wondering how in the world the guy isn't pancaked on every running down.
Looks like a flop to me too but I could also see it as that type of quick jump/hop you do when you're trying to avoid putting your weight on something you stepped on. Like when I step on my kid's toy just before putting my whole weight on it I do a mini jump to get off of it which has lead to me nearly busting my ass every time

Looks like a flop to me too but I could also see it as that type of quick jump/hop you do when you're trying to avoid putting your weight on something you stepped on. Like when I step on my kid's toy just before putting my whole weight on it I do a mini jump to get off of it which has lead to me nearly busting my ass every time

I think that, given the way his body was lined up when the push was initiated, if it hadn't been a flop, he would have landed more on his side than his back. But, again, this was originally intended to be a joke. I didn't figure I would be debating it with some blowhard with low blood sugar.

Not to inflame what has turned into a 5th grade argument, but my first, second, and third impressions of this was that KVN pushed the Jax player just a tad after the whistle (normal football stuff) and the Jax player pushed back a little harder (normal football stuff) and KVN then tried to take advantage by adding to the little bit of energy from Jax player by propelling himself backwards, to make it look like a lot more than it was, to try and draw a flag.
The refs weren't the slightest bit fooled.

Not to inflame what has turned into a 5th grade argument, but my first, second, and third impressions of this was that KVN pushed the Jax player just a tad after the whistle (normal football stuff) and the Jax player pushed back a little harder (normal football stuff) and KVN then tried to take advantage by adding to the little bit of energy from Jax player by propelling himself backwards, to make it look like a lot more than it was, to try and draw a flag.
The refs weren't the slightest bit fooled.
Disagree wholeheartedly.

It’s actually a 3rd grade argument.

He was. He was last week as well. Dude is always a mile in trail of his guy. Dude hasn’t lost a step, he’s lost a half dozen.
its because he is a safety playing CB/LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back