PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung cocaine indictment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better move his locker away from Josh Gordon’s.

Duke Dawson roster spot may be saved.

Why the hell would the Patriots cut him over this? Unless he was moving a ton of weight and facing real prison time, which has not been indicated yet, that would seem to be a move where they would be cutting their nose off (no pun intended) to spite their face.

If he faces non negligible jail time it could definitely happen even if I would disagree.

Damn NH doesn't play around...

Utterly absurd and draconian law. If he isn't distributing the drug to or harming other people there's no reason his freedom should be curtailed via prison. Ridiculous.

Bummer it happened in NH and not MA or Vermont, although I'm not sure if the law is any less absurd in those states.

Up to 7 years in jail and/or up to $2000 fine? That seems like a HUGE range of outcomes. Basically saying, "We're either going to ruin your life, or take the money you find between your couch cushions."

Why the hell would the Patriots cut him over this? Unless he was moving a ton of weight and facing real prison time, which has not been indicated yet, that would seem to be a move where they would be cutting their nose off (no pun intended) to spite their face.

Exactly! In a league where Tyreek Hill gets no suspension and his son is in foster care, Chung shouldn't even be suspended for this. The suggestion that he'd be cut is ridiculous. Chung didn't hurt anyone. What he does with his body is his own business.

I’d guess this could drag out and he wouldn’t be jailed or suspended for like a year at least?

Up to 7 years in jail and/or up to $2000 fine? That seems like a HUGE range of outcomes. Basically saying, "We're either going to ruin your life, or take the money you find between your couch cushions."

Can I buy your couch? $500

Exactly! In a league where Tyreek Hill gets no suspension and his son is in foster care, Chung shouldn't even be suspended for this. The suggestion that he'd be cut is ridiculous. Chung didn't hurt anyone. What he does with his body is his own business.

The big difference would be if the NFL's collectively bargained substance abuse policy covers this in written language. Hill would have had to be suspended under one of those "protecting the shield" clauses, which are open to Goodell's interpretation. If there's a standard punishment for this in the CBA, it won't matter what did or didn't happen to Hill. I don't know if this is covered under that though, so we'll see.

Can I buy your couch? $500

I was speaking more from the perspective of a veteran NFL player on his third contract. But you just missed me giving away a couch! There was probably at least a few cheese doodle dusted coins in there somewhere.

If this happened a few weeks ago, one would think that the team would have been aware of it already. Would he have been cut before his indictment?

Hopefully the team is aware of it, and this is as far as it is going to go with the league.

giphy.gif

Dumb, but even dumber would be to cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back