PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung cocaine indictment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't the one talking about that case.

My point is more about the nature of the plea agreement. It allows the prosecutor to incentivize others to testify against you.

Step 1: Charge you with multiple crimes
Step 2: Do the same to those around you
Step 3: Wait for someone to blink. If someone is facing 100 years, they might not only start singing but composing.
I’m guessing that you strongly disagree with the decision in Illinois to charge those kids attempting to steal cars in the death of their friend, who was shot by the homeowner. You may find it to be a prime example of what you’re discussing.

Teens Charged in Car Theft Attempt That Sparked Police Chase

* Most people who are brought up on charges are in fact actually guilty.
* The states and feds overcharge people to try to force plea deals, sometimes screwing over the innocent.

Both are true.

I barely talked to Wake Forest's finest when they came to my house at 330am last Christmas morning when some woman off her meds (who had apparently been wandering the neighborhood all day with her Juul, talking to mailboxes and standing in middle of the road) tried to break in the front door because "she had just escaped a rape room in some house in the neighborhood where she was being raped by a black woman"

After they secured her, I went out, asked if everything was all good. Apologized for calling them at 330am on Christmas morning and thanked them for the quick response, as my wife and kids were terrified.

And yes, I saved the Ring video conversation she had for 20 minutes.

After they secured her, I went out, asked if everything was all good. Apologized for calling them at 330am on Christmas morning and thanked them for the quick response, as my wife and kids were terrified.

It sounds like the perfect opportunity to explain how Santa is actually a black woman who smokes Juul pods and not a pipe.

It’s up to us to change the stereotypes.

It sounds like the perfect opportunity to explain how Santa is actually a black woman who smokes Juul pods and not a pipe.

It’s up to us to change the stereotypes.

LOL!!!!

In case I was unclear, the woman at my door was white. But she played the race card (while talking with my Ring doorbell) in what I can only assume was an attempt to get me the answer the door quicker....

It was a bizarre morning to say the least.

Good lawyer + innocent opponents + fear of massive prison time = lots of plea deals

“I was told there would be no math questions during this debate”
Chevy Chase portraying Gerald Ford, SNL 1976

Well Chung is probably more worried about the 7 years of jail time he is looking at for indulging in cocaine.

A shame to lose him. Drugs are a bad demon to battle. But the Pats have a lot of depth in their secondary this year and probably won't miss him that much.

Hope he gets cleaned up. But imo this probably means he gets cut as soon as everything is officially done legally.

I'm dissapointed how so many posters keep on accusing Chung of using drugs or being guilty of anything when the DA himself said that an indictment is not proof of guilt. Tough crowd in this forum about one of the leaders of our beloved team.

I'm dissapointed how so many posters keep on accusing Chung of using drugs or being guilty of anything when the DA himself said that an indictment is not proof of guilt. Tough crowd in this forum about one of the leaders of our beloved team.

The USS Faux Moral Highground

If you ain’t first, you’re last

Pretty easy to cast stones in this anonymous home we have here.

Pretty easy to cast stones in this anonymous home we have here.

Certainly this too.

Anonymous forums give people the scrot to say things they wouldn’t come close to saying in their analog lives.

Certainly this too.

Anonymous forums give people the scrot to say things they wouldn’t come close to saying in their analog lives.
I know it doesn’t mean much at all, but if you go to Chung’s Instagram and look at the posts around the time of the incident in Meredith, it appears he was in Hawaii with his family. Time will tell.

Gronk would never have had a home in Meredith like Chung when there is the neighboring town of Sanbornton with its 03269 zip.

Gronk would never have had a home in Meredith like Chung when there is the neighboring town of Sanbornton with its 03269 zip.
What I want to know is, where is zip code 02869?

Well Chung is probably more worried about the 7 years of jail time he is looking at for indulging in cocaine.

A shame to lose him. Drugs are a bad demon to battle. But the Pats have a lot of depth in their secondary this year and probably won't miss him that much.

Hope he gets cleaned up. But imo this probably means he gets cut as soon as everything is officially done legally.
Chung isn’t really looking at 7 years incarceration, unless we find out something weird like he was running a major drug ring with hundreds of grams of powder.

He’s going to be a first-time offender, if he’s even convicted at all. And I don’t think the team is going to cut him over it, or they already would’ve done so, months back when the incident occurred. If he’s really guilty of this, he will most likely be looking at a 6-12 month period of probation, and a 4 game suspension from the league, to be served in 2020 if he’s still playing.

Sounds like what the cops would do for parties at Amherst College.

Meanwhile, over at the Hobart Hoedown/Pufton, they'd roll into parties in riot gear and would absolutely lock people up. I had to bail out my GF and my roommate for underage possession.

Nah. I lived on Phillips Street when I was there and it was probably one of the biggest and closest party streets to the school. House I lived it had the cops come multiple times for giant parties.

They just come in, about 100 people dip out. Whoever lives there that is dumb enough to be the last one to walk out gets a fine or something. I lived there and I just walked out the door and went outside or walked to the back entrance where I could get back in my room while they were on the floor where the party was.

The Hobart Hoedown was different. It was like Blarney. The school and town prepped for it and the cops were overzealous and wanted to squash anything immediately.

Nah. I lived on Phillips Street when I was there and it was probably one of the biggest and closest party streets to the school. House I lived it had the cops come multiple times for giant parties.

They just come in, about 100 people dip out. Whoever lives there that is dumb enough to be the last one to walk out gets a fine or something. I lived there and I just walked out the door and went outside or walked to the back entrance where I could get back in my room while they were on the floor where the party was.

The Hobart Hoedown was different. It was like Blarney. The school and town prepped for it and the cops were overzealous and wanted to squash anything immediately.

Was Phillips St where the Baseball house was?

I say was because I’m not sure if it still is. I was there 01-05

I know it doesn’t mean much at all, but if you go to Chung’s Instagram and look at the posts around the time of the incident in Meredith, it appears he was in Hawaii with his family. Time will tell.
Kinda but not really on a similar note...
A friend built a new home on Winnipesaukee a while back. Hired a local to paint the entire home inside and out. The painter had the run of the house for weeks....finished the job in the fall of that year. The family didn't visit this vacation home all winter until they got a phone call from both their property manager who looked in on the house during the winter and the local police. Apparently the painter, knowing the family wouldn't return until the spring, had made a key and used the the house as his heroin den all winter until he died in the owner's bed.

Another kinda but not really tidbit......
Motor Cycle weekend was the week before the coke bust and Chung's house is maybe 2 miles from Weirs Beach which is a major destination for bikers. Meredith gets clogged with bikers with multi hour traffic jams and local properties are just filled with bikers. The area where Chung's house is used to be full of rental properties that would get taken over by masses of bikers...like every where else. Don't know the lay of the land these days though.
My point....many houses full of partiers up and down the lake.
A little context but who knows

Didnt Amare Stoudemire beat distribution charges stemming from the same type of incident (pound of weed on the table or something)? There is no proof it is his, and the drug testing wouldn't go back to cover the time frame in question.

Sounds more like a DA looking for their 15 minutes of fame using the legal system to bring questionable charges against a high profile target to show NH is tough on drugs when its obvious they have been turning a blind eye to how opiates have ravaged the area. From the state that can afford scanning equipment for cruises but not a hard drive to record (thus being available to disprove contested hands free violations).

Its not like there was a couple kilos and a bunch of cash and guns. They found some party powder, who cares. Frankly, its more of a statement about the state of NH's desperation to appear to be doing something about drugs than it is about Chung. No way this holds up in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft