PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christopher Price: The chip on Brady's shoulder has grown exponentially. And the NFL will pay for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/f...09/03/and-justice-ball-tom-bradys-treatment-o

TOM BRADY'S TREATMENT OUT OF ORDER, NOW NFL OPPONENTS WILL PAY

When it comes to Tom Brady, history tells us that a motivated and ornery quarterback is the best kind of quarterback. And in the wake of a turbulent offseason that culminated with Thursday's decision from Judge Richard Berman, you can bet the Patriots quarterback has all the emotional ammunition he needs heading into the 2015 season.

It's easy to dismiss, but it's important to remember that this is a guy who built a Hall of Fame career on the idea that he was bound and determined to get back at the rest of the NFL for making him wait until the sixth round of the draft. This is a guy who led an offensive charge the likes of which the league hadn't seen before in 2007 in part because he and his teammates believed their coach had been wronged as a result of Spygate. An eternal vigilance for slights, attacks or disrespect -- either imagined or real -- are very much a part of what makes Brady Brady.

And now he's had the chance to sit back all offseason and listen to what people think of him. Cheater. Deflator. Liar. Ultimately, the Deflategate drama and the detractors who came along with the mess provide the 38-year-old Brady another chance to prove himself. If the quarterback and the franchise were looking for some sort of catalyst to help steer clear of any potential Super Bowl hangover, it's been handed to them on a plate, thanks to a bungling league office. Expect Brady to take out his frustrations on the league by going all Ezekiel 25:17 on opposing defenses.

In truth, while the names and faces are different, Brady and the 2015 Patriots offense have an opportunity to initiate the same sort of scorched-earth policy that helped define the 2007 team. Sure, he might not have the sort options around him, but there's still a once-in-a-generation tight end inRob Gronkowski, who is every bit the defensive nightmare that Randy Moss was eight years ago. There's the elite slot receiver in Julian Edelman who has proven to be the equal of Wes Welker when it comes to toughness, grit and chemistry with the quarterback. That group is augmented by the likes of Brandon LaFell, Danny Amendola and a running game that has a chance to deliver more thunder than the 2007 ground attack ever dreamed of. You want to bet against that offense? Do so at your own risk.

While Brady will be an equal-opportunity dispenser of justice over the course of the 2015 campaign, you can bet that he and Bill Belichick will save a little something extra for the Colts, as well as the Ravens. It depends on who you want to believe, but it's easy to trace this whole dopey affair back to the 2014 postseason and the series of e-mails that went back and forth between the two franchises. Frankly, the Ravens should be relieved that the Patriots aren't on their 2015 regular-season schedule -- the only chance Baltimore will have to meet New England will be in the playoffs.

As for the Colts, expect the Patriots to exact their pound of flesh in an Oct. 18 game in Indianapolis. Considering the state of the Colts defense and the chance to humiliate general manager Ryan Grigson and the rest of the franchise in front of a national audience, it'll mark Brady's chance for some revenge. (I say this only half-jokingly: New England's record for points in a game is 59-0, set against the Titans in 2009. Lucas Oil Stadium might want to check and see if the scoreboard has the capability to reach triple digits.)

[......................]

In the end, the real losers in Deflategate won't be Roger Goodell, Jeff Pash or Ted Wells. Instead, it'll be defensive backs from Orchard Park to North Jersey to Houston to Denver who now have to deal with a supremely motivated Brady out to prove to everyone outside of the six-state radius of New England that they have him all wrong.

I hope this is the case.
However.
League may not allow it to happen. I geniunely think our players are all marked men this year.

Screw this league

That's what worries me about this whole thing. If the NFL can just make **** up and take draft picks with no evidence, what's to stop them from docking the Pats their first rounder every year?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-stance-angry-tom-brady-and-other-predictions

1. The Patriots will dominate again

I checked in with a Patriots player I speak to occasionally, this time after a federal judge tossed out Tom Brady's four-game suspension. He was joyous and, as he has been before, succinct. His words were still powerful.

"I think everyone feels like Tom was targeted and this whole thing was personal," the player said. "I think because of that, you're going to see the best Brady you've ever seen."

On the outside, the Patriots promote an image of business and cool. Nothing appears to rattle them. Nothing seems to shake them. They are the steadiest, most disciplined organization in all of sports. No other organization comes close.

This isn't to debate Brady's innocence or guilt. That's been done enough. This is about the aftereffects. I can't emphasize this enough: From the top of the organization to the last man on the roster to the ticket-desk worker to the parking-lot attendant, the Patriots are coming into this season with a feeling that they have been wrongly persecuted.

We've heard this before. I've written this before. But it cannot be stated enough. This is one pissed-off organization.

As a result, I think it'll ride that anger to another Super Bowl. I know, I know. Emotion can only carry you so far. But that emotion is on top of talent. They have Bill Belichick and Brady and a defense that people around the sport keep telling me is better than I think.

The Patriots' season will unfold like this: They will start 5-0 or 4-1, then the Deflated past eight months will finally take their toll at some point in the middle of the season, and an emotionally drained team will lose a couple in a row. After they get past that bump, they will take off like a rocket.

It will all be typical Belichick. Typical Brady. Typical Patriots.

Sorry, Patriots haters. Gonna be a long year for you.

I hope this is the case.
However.
League may not allow it to happen. I geniunely think our players are all marked men this year.

Screw this league
I'm somewhat concerned about that. While I want the team to run up the score on every single team, the though of some a-hole player taking a cheap shot against a key player is a concern.

With that said, if other teams want to take shots at our guys, there is no reason why they can't take shots at theirs.

This season is going to be a war.

Hope this is the case because with the weak corners on this team this offense is going to have to put up 45 points a game to win.

And with a running game that's a big question mark it might be hard to sustain drives or run the clock down.

can you remove the Jesus brady pic? let's celebrate the greatness, but stop deifying him. many christians in this forum will get offended including myself.

You can turn off signatures in your account settings. Or get AdBlock and block that pic.

Living on planet Earth, you're going to be offended at some point. The proper thing to do is just ignore the thing that offends you rather than asking that person to change his behavior to meet your needs.

Does ESPN know about this?? Are "chips on the shoulder" considered cheating?? There must be some anonymous employee somewhere who will spill the beans..

You can turn off signatures in your account settings. Or get AdBlock and block that pic.

Living on planet Earth, you're going to be offended at some point. The proper thing to do is just ignore the thing that offends you rather than asking that person to change his behavior to meet your needs.

thx.

but honestly it's also what fuels haters' fire. i really think we as a fan of brady shouldn't hurt the image of the GOAT. we should celebrate his greatness, and try to make him less 'evil' to the eyes of haters. Brady as Jesus will only create more hate. that's just me.

everyone is talking from 2007 experience. They are not the same teams.

you don't have to be the same exact team to win 15-16 regular season games - the NFL is very different now than in 2007.

Hope this is the case because with the weak corners on this team this offense is going to have to put up 45 points a game to win.

i disagree (without actually clicking the disagree button). the corners are just a piece of the puzzle. the rest of the D is solid.

you don't have to be the same exact team to win 15-16 regular season games - the NFL is very different now than in 2007.
Let me put it this way. I would be shocked if they win 15-16 reg season games. . It doesnt happen . We should be blessed to be part of a team which did that. Something we took for granted with BB and Brady. Lot of factors -injuries/luck/good players at the right time etc factor into it.

i knew it, that's why i drafted brady on my FF team.
Yeah, I got him in the 4th. Got Murray, Jeremy Hill, and Alshon Jeffry with my first three picks. I smell a championship run.

that's a great tip! I didn't mind Jesus but the animated wrestling gifs were killing my browser.

As to the premise of the OP: I don't think Brady usually phones in it in on other seasons. Pissed Brady is probably equal to normal Brady. IMO.

As to the premise of the OP: I don't think Brady usually phones in it in on other seasons. Pissed Brady is probably equal to normal Brady. IMO.

Go and re-watch 2007 for a good look at pissed Brady.

giphy.gif

A shoutout for @FrodoBagginz , since I spotted this while looking for the above already-posted fave:

YZjHGZdwdBMfS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing