PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christmas Game: Nawlins & Vikes

I'll root for Brees since this might be the last time I see him play (unless they make the nfccg or superbowl) since I probably won't watch his last game of the season or postseason games outside nfccg/superbowl.
There's always next year. Maybe he can come to NE and be our bridge QB.

Idk the Bucs didn't dare too well the last two times they faced the saints
Yeah, I think they got blown out both times...not a good matchup...bad coaching and they can't protect Brady. Against inferior talent they can get away with it but against teams with similar talent, they are going to have issues (Saints, Rams)

my fav stat:

brees: 0 td, 2 int
He shouldn’t be playing. You can’t convince me that a 41 year old man with 11 cracked ribs and a punctured lung is all healed up. He was either pressured back into action or wanted to come back, fearing he would lose his job or to avoid having to travel in the playoffs. But he’s not doing the offense any favors by being out there, even taking into account yesterday’s output.

yep, you can’t beat a team 3x in a row
You can, but it’s very hard. See the 2008 Steelers/Ravens series. The year before that, the Cowboys swept the Giants in the regular season only to take an L at home in the playoffs.

You can, but it’s very hard. See the 2008 Steelers/Ravens series. The year before that, the Cowboys swept the Giants in the regular season only to take an L at home in the playoffs.
Thanks for the reminder...And to think that I actually rooted for the Vagiants in that game, because I wanted a Revenge SB between us & GB/Favre and I figured the best pathway to it would be an NFCCG at Lambeau Field...But Dallas was the #1 seed, so they had to go, even if it meant a loss to NJ...

yep, you can’t beat a team 3x in a row
Don’t know where this idea came from but since the merger the team that had gone 2-0 ended up winning the 3rd game 67% of the time.

Thanks for the reminder...And to think that I actually rooted for the Vagiants in that game, because I wanted a Revenge SB between us & GB/Favre and I figured the best pathway to it would be an NFCCG at Lambeau Field...But Dallas was the #1 seed, so they had to go, even if it meant a loss to NJ...
See, after that Week 17 contest, I wanted no part of the Giants. They were the worst possible match-up that Pats team could have drawn.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back