PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Christian Gonzalez

If not the best.. IMO this was probably the toughest test for the defense this season. As good as Diggs or Wilson is. They don't present the physicality brown does. Tough test next week.. Miami put up Madden numbers yesterday
....and we are going to punch them in the mouth.

....and we are going to punch them in the mouth.
The chargers are the frauds of the AFC.. it was a shoot out yesterday with Miami literally no defense was played.. I love everything about this defense. Younger guys, older Veterans.. Keon white is a force on the edge. He should be Starting IMO

The chargers are the frauds of the AFC.. it was a shoot out yesterday with Miami literally no defense was played.. I love everything about this defense. Younger guys, older Veterans.. Keon white is a force on the edge. He should be Starting IMO
I have zero respect for the Bolts. The always have talent but never do anything with it.

I have zero respect for the Bolts. The always have talent but never do anything with it.
Give BB the chargers roster.. going back to when we beat them in 06.. always so talented but always underachieving.

PICK NO. 5: SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: CB DEVON WITHERSPOON

Overall Rookie Grade: 57.4 (Rank: 6/11)
Principal Opponent: Josh Reynolds
Week 2 Snaps: 66
Week 2 Grade: 57.4

Witherspoon played every snap at left cornerback for Seattle after missing Week 1 due to an injury. He was beaten in coverage three times for 64 yards and a touchdown where he kept his eyes in the backfield too long watching a trick play develop. On the positive side, he did record his first career pass breakup and posted a 75.2 run-defense grade with two stops.

PICK NO. 16: WASHINGTON COMMANDERS: CB EMMANUEL FORBES

Overall Rookie Grade: 48.5 (Rank: 10/11)
Principal Opponent: Courtland Sutton
Week 2 Snaps: 44
Week 2 Grade: 36.4

Forbes struggled badly against Denver in Week 2, allowing four catches for 86 and posting a paltry 25.7 run-defense grade. He also missed two tackles and committed a penalty in coverage. On the bright side, he collected his first career interception and broke up another pass. The Broncos made it a point to target Forbes, and they did so more often than any other Commanders defender.

Interestingly, they repeatedly targeted him on out routes. On three targets on such plays, he allowed two catches and committed the penalty. He’ll look to adjust on the fly against a tough Buffalo team next week.

PICK NO. 17: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: CB CHRISTIAN GONZALEZ

Overall Rookie Grade: 82.6 (Rank: 1/11)
Principal Opponent: Tyreek Hill
Week 2 Snaps: 63
Week 2 Grade: 90.9

Gonzalez could not have drawn tougher matchups in his first two games, facing Philadelphia and Miami. He excelled against the latter, producing a 90.9 grade that led all qualified cornerbacks in Week 2. He out-jumped Tyreek Hill for an interception while playing his only rep of the game at free safety. He didn’t allow a reception to Hill and let up only one catch for 15 yards to Jaylen Waddle. He may be New England’s best cornerback right now.

PICK NO. 24: NEW YORK GIANTS: CB DEONTE BANKS

Overall Rookie Grade: 50.8 (Rank: 8/11)
Principal Opponent: Marquise Brown
Week 2 Snaps: 64
Week 2 Grade: 44.5

Banks surrendered four catches for 49 yards and three first downs against Arizona. He also busted a deep-third assignment, leaving Zach Ertz open down the sideline. Luckily, Joshua Dobbs missed the throw, but that doesn’t absolve Banks of his error. His team-low 39.0 coverage grade for the week was a bottom-10 mark among all cornerbacks. The Giants ask a lot of Banks in their man-heavy scheme, and he will likely experience more growing pains along the way.

Gonzalez is the only 21 year old among them btw. Stud

As an old-timer, I get definite Michael Haynes vibes from this magnificent athlete. 41” vertical? 4.4 speed? Stands over 6’? What a freak!

In their primes who would be the better athlete? Interesting thought experiment.

Kid honestly looks like the real deal. Excited to see this CB group with with Jon and Jack Jones mixed in.

For us old-timers, I get definite Michael Haynes vibes from this magnificent athlete. 41” vertical? Sub 4.4 speed? Stands over 6’? What a freak!

In their primes who would be the better athlete? Interesting thought experiment.
I was just tripping down memory lane re Haynes and Clayborn. Gonzalez and whatchamacallit Jones could be like that.

Kid honestly looks like the real deal. Excited to see this CB group with with Jon and Jack Jones mixed in.
Another great opportunity to feast off turnovers this week with Zack Wilson. I'm looking forward to gonzo against Wilson.

He is the 1 bright spot this season!

Love this kid's game so far, he's got all the tools.

Gonzalez has been stellar, facing elite receivers in his first three NFL games. Any corner would be hard pressed to do as well against his matchups.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back