PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs release both starting tackles

will be interesting to see how good mahomes is now that the bill has come due and major parts of the team are cut loose to make room for his massive contract.

both tackles and sammy watkins so far,

Probably decided it wasn't worth wasting money when they can't compete with the Bucs anyway.

Save the cap space for after Brady retires, hopefully before Mahomes :D.
A+ post!

I guess they thought it worked out so well in the SB they would make it permanent :haha:

Probably decided it wasn't worth wasting money when they can't compete with the Bucs anyway.

Save the cap space for after Brady retires, hopefully before Mahomes :D.

I wouldn’t rule it out, if that’s going to be his OL lol

Uh, what?

2021 for Mahomes:

51agct.gif
51agct.gif
51agct.gif
51agct.gif
51agct.gif
51agct.gif

So their current ol is the one from the sb? And they’re still over the cap? Sounds good to me if so!
Of that starting 5, three are unrestricted free agents and another is restricted. They probably expect the two opt outs, former starter Duvernay-Tardif and 2020 third round pick Niang, to start at LG and RT respectively. Wylie should be back at RG probably on a second round RFA tender. The big holes are LT with Fisher released and C with Reiter headed to free agency.

Well, the Chiefs proved they didn't need either guy in the Super Bowl.... Ummmmm..... Ahhhhhh.......

WTF! Crazy. Some quality tackles out there in free agency even if a bit older.

With those moves chiefs are still 4 million over the cap. I expect LT to be a priority in the draft now.

ChiefsPlanet seems to be somewhat understanding of the move.

Fischer end of Jan achilles the other just had back surgery..

Somewhat expected but devastating blow to the roster that is down on cap & draft capital. Rough ride for Mahomes ahead..

Cruel creul business for both who all they did was ball for the organization..

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back