PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are the luckiest team

Good teams tend to get lucky. They put themselves in good position and unlike bad teams capitalize on their lucky opportunities. All teams are equally lucky just about. We just don't remember when bad teams are lucky cause they rarely do anything with their lucky brakes.

They deserve to be 4-0. No bones about it. It would be nice if other teams were up to doing the Pat's dirty work this year but that is a tall order. Simply put, the Patriots need to beat KC to get the first seed. There is no way around it. They also need to now blow too many games on the way to doing it.

Last edited:
Good teams tend to get lucky. They put themselves in good position and unlikely bad teams capitalize on their lucky opportunities.

They deserve to be 4-0. No bones about it. It would be nice if other teams were up to doing the Pat's dirty work this year but that is a tall order. Simply put, the Patriots need to beat KC to get the first seed. There is no way around it. They also need to now blow too many games on the way to doing it.
calling them the luckiest team ever is a bit silly.

Plus did something "lucky" happen for them today? Sincere question. As far as I knew they just beat a team they were supposed to beat?

They have a great team, alot of people call us ‘lucky’ as well

LOL literally has nothing to do with anything being said, daughter.

The topic of the thread was the Chiefs getting lucky today, not who will have a better defense when the weather changes.

Going by that logic, the Chiefs have an offense and we don’t, soo...great pointless reply...

NE beat a better team than Detroit on the road today. Next week Watson is back. The next 4 games are against losers. Then Harry is back for game. 9 against the Ravens. Then the bye and Wynn comes back. BB is playing chess and you can barely understand checkers. But you’re not the only one. There are a few other FFLers here who never saw the 2001 or 2003 seasons.

Psst: the goal is to win the Lombardi. Not to impress Nick Wright.

We have a Defense, son. The weather changes towards the end of the season.

Show me a game KC wins when Mahomes goes 19-38 for 150 yards and an INT.

Learn.

Lil’ Todd gave that a thumbs down. But is completely silent about the challenge to name one game where Mahomes has Brady numbers that KC has won.

Crickets.

Plus the next 4 games are against weaklings. Then we get Harry back.

contrary to some opinion on this board Harry will be A CRUCIAL PART of this offense in the 2nd half of the year

Honestly I can’t stand threads like this. The Chiefs are 17-5 in their last 22 games. The team is legitimately good. Right now it’s which unit can be exploited more: Patriots offense or KC’s defense. This is where having Brady/Belichick gives me confidence the Pats can fix their issues, or at least improve them a lot (though Bendover Bob has made that a much greater hurdle). The Walrus tends to have powerhouse offenses and defenses that don’t tighten up much as the year progresses.

No question despite how good this defense is, Mahomes will still make plays and score points.

Off game for Gilmore. Also, wondering if Bennett hasn’t lost a step.

Plus the next 4 games are against weaklings. Then we get Harry back.

We can’t expect much from a rookie. What they need is for their top two wideouts to step up. We faced a tough secondary today but these guys need to create more separation. Don’t know if edelman was bothered by his injury.

I would love to know bennett’s snap count but the guy has been kind of disappointing. Idk. Last year he was a beast.

We can’t expect much from a rookie. What they need is for their top two wideouts to step up. We faced a tough secondary today but these guys need to create more separation. Don’t know if edelman was bothered by his injury.
do you watch the other games? rookie wideouts are killing it.

felt like the Tennessee game all around. Gilmore getting beat, Brady terrible. We somehow won.

NE was outgained by 150 yards today, knocked out the starting QB on a borderline cheap shot, and got a special teams TD. Plus McDermott crapped his pants going for it on 4th down in that situation. I think if you weren’t a Pats fan you’d be calling them lucky.

NE was outgained by 150 yards today, knocked out the starting QB on a borderline cheap shot, and got a special teams TD. Plus McDermott crapped his pants going for it on 4th down in that situation. I think if you weren’t a Pats fan you’d be calling them lucky.

It’s one of those games where you move and never go back and watch the tape although i am curious to see the coverage the bills played. What percentage of man and zone. Did they have a safety over the top against gordon?

It’s one of those games where you move and never go back and watch the tape although i am curious to see the coverage the bills played. What percentage of man and zone. Did they have a safety over the top against gordon?

I wouldn’t overlook that they have a very talented defense. Having a lot of good players sure helps those schemes work.

NE beat a better team than Detroit on the road today. Next week Watson is back. The next 4 games are against losers. Then Harry is back for game. 9 against the Ravens. Then the bye and Wynn comes back. BB is playing chess and you can barely understand checkers. But you’re not the only one. There are a few other FFLers here who never saw the 2001 or 2003 seasons.

Psst: the goal is to win the Lombardi. Not to impress Nick Wright.

LMAO, What the hell you talking about?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back