PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are the luckiest team

They were lucky to win yesterday...no doubt...

But Det killed themselves...:(

You mean lucky as in having your QB throw a late game interception that seals the victory for the other team in the AFCCG, only to be nullified because the opponent's DE lined up almost a whole yard offside? Nah, the Pats would never get that lucky. ;)

Last edited:
You mean lucky as in having your QB throw a late game interception that seals the victory for the other team in the AFCCG, only to be nullified because the opponents DE lined up almost a whole yard offside? Nah, the Pats would never get that lucky. ;)

Dude, really, you sound like a Chiefs fan...

A) Brady knew it was a free play
B) that throw was on target, Gronk screwed the pooch on the catch and handed the ball to KC

Matt P’s prevent defense left no one to cover Mahoney, who twice easily scrambled for big gains, once on fourth down. Rushing three never works.

Matt P’s prevent defense left no one to cover Mahoney, who twice easily scrambled for big gains, once on fourth down. Rushing three never works.

It's not like NE did much to slow down KC in their second halves last year. KC is really good on offense. It was two possessions inside KC's 10 yard line ending with zero points earned and 7 given away that lost Detroit the game.

No he didn’t.

Seriously, it’s ok to admit the Pats got lucky there. Show me a modern day championship team, and I’ll show you one that got lucky at some point.

No he didn’t.

Seriously, it’s ok to admit the Pats got lucky there. Show me a modern day championship team, and I’ll show you one that got lucky at some point.
Yup, literally every champion needs a little luck at some point to get the job done. This thread is stupid.

B) that throw was on target, Gronk screwed the pooch on the catch and handed the ball to KC
Putting down the Kool-Aid for 5 seconds makes you a Chiefs fan.

No he didn’t.

So he didnt see the dude lined up way offsides or the flag thrown immediately after the snap???

So he didnt see the dude lined up way offsides or the flag thrown immediately after the snap???
No he didn't. He has admitted as such (not to mention that on free plays, a QB generally throws a deeper ball since they have nothing to lose).

Lucky OP are you serious?? having the Redskins and Giants on short week plus the Jets after the mini rest of Monday Night. Could a Team have it any easier?? BB could use the same Preseason vanilla game plan for all Three Teams. And did I say we have a very easy First half??o_O

Last edited:
No he didn't. He has admitted as such (not to mention that on free plays, a QB generally throws a deeper ball since they have nothing to lose).

When was that?

Don’t worry about the Chiefs. Andy will find a way to mess it up

And so are we. Look at the scrub QB's we've played. Bills coach helped the Pats today.

Right now their offense is light years ahead of ours.
In the Packers game a Philly player on the sidelines was heard to say “they haven’t been punched in the mouth yet.” I think that applies to the Pats this season so I agree, this game was a good way to see where they stand against a good defense. They will learn from this.

Just thinking out loud here:

When KC returns a fumble for a TD......it’s luck.

When NE returns an INT for a TD..........it’s anything but luck.

Conclusion: Avoid thinking out loud

Good teams tend to get lucky. They put themselves in good position and unlike bad teams capitalize on their lucky opportunities. All teams are equally lucky just about. We just don't remember when bad teams are lucky cause they rarely do anything with their lucky brakes.

They deserve to be 4-0. No bones about it. It would be nice if other teams were up to doing the Pat's dirty work this year but that is a tall order. Simply put, the Patriots need to beat KC to get the first seed. There is no way around it. They also need to now blow too many games on the way to doing it.
That special teams TD was huge in this win.Bellichick obsesses over special teams (except maybe kicker)Preparation which meets opportunity equals luck.

Riiight :rolleyes:

Lucky OP are you serious?? having the Redskins and Giants on short week plus the Jets after the mini rest of Monday Night. Could a Team have it nay easier?? BB could use the same Preseason vanilla game plan for all Three Teams. And did I say we have a very easy First half??o_O

I think that giants game could be interesting on a short week. The giants o line hasn’t been awful. Curious to see how they play against daniel jones.

Beating up on the winless Jets last week in Foxboro with their 3rd string QB and their best LB out “clearly proved ” unbeatability????? You might want to rethink that one. Yesterday’s opponent and location of game was the real thing. Last weeks wasn’t.

“Ugly games” are great for eval and pinpointing areas for improvement. They are especially impressive if experienced against a good team (Buffalo most certainly is) playing in front of its energized crowd when your team has several injured players out and your team can go through that type of grinder and win. Yesterday was the Patriots best win of the season. Your eval of the Jets game ‘proving our unbeatability’ however iS indeed just emotion.

Shmessy, reread my post from a different angle. You just may find the sarcasm I intended :). The point I was making is that emotion of 'this week we are super great!' then the following week 'we are in serious trouble' is the emotional I was speaking of (I did not think the Jets's win proved anything close to unbeatability - it was sarcasm fyi). These absolutes, from some, declared on a week to week basis results, where it swings wildly, may be great posting fodder for some (or the minute to minute GDT psychosis) but it's most worthy value is the ridicule it deserves, IMHO.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back