PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are officially the new us.

You're underselling Manning a tad. He probably would have won 1 or 2 more SBs if it weren't for Brady/Patriots. Manning also stole a victory in the big Indy comeback win, so Patriots likely lost a SB there. They were great rivals.

Who are Mahomes rivals? There's Josh Allen who plays for a Bills franchise that can never win a big game. And there's Lamar, whose deficiency in throwing a football shows up in the playoff when he eventually runs into an elite defense. Then there's Joe Burrow, who is injured every other year. So for rivals, meh.

Lastly Mahomes has the offensive Goat in Reid. Then he has a big time player I Chris Jones, KC loses without him. Mahomes has it easy.
You know, people say this a lot, but we only stopped him twice in the playoffs. 03 and 04.

In both situations, I have a hard time believing he wins the Super Bowl. The 03 Colts were just a very lopsided team that was mostly offense. The Panthers easily could have played rough and shut them down if we didn't.

The 2004 Colts were better, but they still would need to go on the road to play the Steelers and then play a very good Eagles team to get the title. That was just a monster year.

You're assuming that the AFC is going to be competitive lol
There's no QB that can go toe to toe with Mahomes
Burrow has a ****ty Oline
And the true GOAT is retired. Allen can't get his head out of his ass and Lamar is a regular season QB
I'm not a believer in Jackson at all. Allen with a new HC--maybe. I'm more sure Burrow can win multiple titles with a healthy OL.

One thing about Burrow though is I fear he may be a bit injury prone.

I wanna see what Herbert looks like under Harbaugh. Maybe it will really make him a better QB.

You're underselling Manning a tad. He probably would have won 1 or 2 more SBs if it weren't for Brady/Patriots. Manning also stole a victory in the big Indy comeback win, so Patriots likely lost a SB there. They were great rivals.

Who are Mahomes rivals? There's Josh Allen who plays for a Bills franchise that can never win a big game. And there's Lamar, whose deficiency in throwing a football shows up in the playoff when he eventually runs into an elite defense. Then there's Joe Burrow, who is injured every other year. So for rivals, meh.

Lastly Mahomes has the offensive Goat in Reid. Then he has a big time player I Chris Jones, KC loses without him. Mahomes has it easy.
I think that's his rival if he can stay healthy.

Overall, I agree with you.

Brady was a big reason for the delay in calling the Chiefs a dynasty. Just imagine if Brady with the Pats and Bucs lost to the Chiefs. Mahome and Reid would have 5 SBs in 6 years.
Right now the take is that the Chiefs have had the greatest 5 year run in NYFL history and I believe that's accurate. However, if KC doesn't win next year then, individually, Brady's 4 in 6 would overtake Mahomes 3 in 6.

I'm not trying to take anything away from KC's accomplishment, but having so many AFC teams lose their QB made it much easier for them this year.

The pats have to draft the 6’4” 4.6 forty cannon arm QB or the 40 TD 1,000 rushing yards heisman winner at #3. The argument to either draft a different position or trade down to someday have a roster as talented as the eagles, 49ers, etc. is weak IMO.

The 2019-2023 49ers are some of the most talented teams of all time. They have zero rings to show for it.
That’s coaching’s fault.

Mahomes and Kelce did what great players do, they made plays when they had to. I agree with all the talk about Andy Reid but more needs to be said about Spags. That man is one helluva coordinator. If he didnt have that defense playing like they were, the Chiefs wouldve been hard pressed to have been in the superbowl let alone won it. Tip of the cap to KC. Knew they were gonna win it when they played like trash and still went into halftime only down 7. They hung in there like Champions do and made SF pay for their ineptitude.

I guess you could say the Chiefs are equal to "one" of the Patriots' two dynasties, but which one? Hard to compare against the second one because 28-3 was so insane and the Legion of Boom was so formidable, and hard to compare against the first one because the era was much tougher for offensive football.
I think the 2nd half dynasty... Seattle, Atlanta, Rams version... I'd put them up against any of the other great teams in history. I think they could go toe to toe with the Cowboys, 49ers, and probably even the Steelers. That 2004 team was a juggernaut as well. I think this Chiefs team is the most well rounded of their championships. The team that lost to the Pats in the AFC championship was probably their best one.

I am not sure how history will view this Chiefs run in comparison to the ones I mentioned. Time will tell. They have the pelts, as Parcells would say, and they deserve the accolades. I tip my cap to 'em.
Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA

You know, people say this a lot, but we only stopped him twice in the playoffs. 03 and 04.

In both situations, I have a hard time believing he wins the Super Bowl. The 03 Colts were just a very lopsided team that was mostly offense. The Panthers easily could have played rough and shut them down if we didn't.

The 2004 Colts were better, but they still would need to go on the road to play the Steelers and then play a very good Eagles team to get the title. That was just a monster year.
Part of the reason that we only stopped him twice in the playoffs is because he was the king of the one-and-Dungy’s. Only got the chance to face him 5 times, that says something in and of itself. In 2013 and 2015 NE had seriously injured squads that shouldn’t have even made it that far but for Brady and BB. The fact that the games themselves were close - particularly 2015 - was amazing. In 2006, he beat us fair and square (well, ignoring thr face guarding call….), and his 2nd half was probably the best 2nd half of his life.

Every time the 49ers defense got a stop and then their offense failed to score they just kept letting the Chiefs linger I knew it was less and less likely the 49ers would win. Mahomes is right up there with Brady so far in his career. This Chiefs team really had shades of the 2018 Patriots. Never really the most talented team at any point but just knows how to win the games that matter.

Every time the 49ers defense got a stop and then their offense failed to score they just kept letting the Chiefs linger I knew it was less and less likely the 49ers would win. Mahomes is right up there with Brady so far in his career. This Chiefs team really had shades of the 2018 Patriots. Never really the most talented team at any point but just knows how to win the games that matter.
They were better because their Defense just had an all time All time postseason run.

Recency bias
Same man said Mahomes needed 8 when Brady got the 7th lol
We're are going to see about a dozen heads say similar things over the next couple weeks. Mahomes has every chance to surpass what Brady did but until it happens they can babble all they want.

We're are going to see about a dozen heads say similar things over the next couple weeks. Mahomes has every chance to surpass what Brady did but until it happens they can babble all they want.
Yeah let's not diminish the standard now
For the longest time you had to get to 4
The standard is 7 now
Let's not diminish greatness

They were better because their Defense just had an all time All time postseason run.
Spagnuolo is a hell of a DC and his players seem to love him. Not a surprise seeing how he is from Grafton and coaches at UConn. New England greatness runs in his veins.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back