PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Change draft strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes BB definitely needs to move away from his current strategy of picking bad players on purpose.

He's right about Uncle Dugg. Horrible pick, just horrible.
Maybe, I had a few prospects graded higher. So probably wouldn't have been my pick.

As for OJ, I love him but he's out there with some of these post. I remember him saying there was only 4 WR that could run options routes one year :oops:. Like 4 in all of college football? Just a crazy thing to say without any real explanation. Stuff like that is pretty common.

Like questioning Dugger's strength & conditioning program or the fact that a coach shrugs his shoulders 2 practices into meeting Dugger. If that even happened the way. Like Dugger isn't successful or a failure bc of the gym he was working out in. We legit had posters showing pictures of his weight room to show OJ Dugger wasn't using a broomstick and Poland Springs jugs to squat.

Also and this is key. How can you post on a draft forum for almost 20 years but don't have a record or your grades? I remember saying this to Manxman. You're a draftnik posting on a draft forum this long, you should absolutely keep a record. If not it's really tough to take people seriously bc of hindsight.

New strategy: only draft WRs that used to be QBs

He's right about Uncle Dugg. Horrible pick, just horrible.

Patriots-Ravens Takeaways: How Damien Harris Has Compared To Sony Michel - NESN.com

RUN DEFENSE
All things considered — with the wind, rain and potent Ravens rushing attack — the Patriots did a great job stopping the run on Sunday night, limiting Baltimore to 115 yards on 28 carries.

Tackling efficiency
Dugger: five stops, one missed tackle
Simon: three stops
Guy: two stops
Hall: three stops, two missed tackles
DT Carl Davis: stop
DT Byron Cowart: stop
LB Anfernee Jennings: stop
Jones: two stops, two missed tackles
Winovich: two stops, two missed tackles
Uche: stop, missed tackle
Jackson: missed tackle
Devin McCourty: missed tackle
Jason McCourty: missed tackle
Phillips: one stop, three missed tackles

— Hall struggled overall in his second career start. The Patriots do have a bit of a hole there at inside linebacker even when Ja’Whaun Bentley is healthy. It might, eventually, be time to see how Uche could fill in.

Dugger played a great overall game despite the missed tackle. He has a rare combination of size and speed and could give the Patriots’ defense a major boost in the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes