PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad O Shea fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may want to be an OC....

Just hire him as consultant. Like that year McDaniels was hired in the playoffs after getting fired and wrecked our Superbowl game plan that O'Brien worked on :)

Last edited:
I think Chad was dumped to save Schuplinski...who is far more valuable. Not a fan of Chad the OC. Would rather bring back Weis...fight me.

Also not a fan of cherry picking stats. "But the last 9 weeks were great" ... BS. That's like saying so-and-so had a ****ty day rushing if you take away the long runs. Take that crap somewhere else.

Maybe not to save Schupliski but simply to promote him. Flores probably thinks that he is the man for the job and wants to get him started asap.

Let one of bills kids call offensive plays

Flores will regret this. He beat the Patriots and thinks it is all about him. Wait until somethings is actually expected of the Dolphins next season and lets see how his rear end will pucker.

We don’t know what the whole story is. Flores did not take a lap of the stadium pumping his fist the way McDaniels did after he beat a weak patriots team in his first year as a Broncos coach. Every ex patriots player seems to be a huge supporter of Brian Flores. I’ll give Brian the benefit of the doubt until we know why the firing was so abrupt.

Maybe not to save Schupliski but simply to promote him. Flores probably thinks that he is the man for the job and wants to get him started asap.

Promoting him was my point...yep

BB can't devote 100% of his attention to every unit on the team. With that being said, getting O'Shea here will allow Judge to focus on special teams. Hopefully, BB can make this hiring happen and we'll see a different WR unit on Saturday, even if it's a slight improvement.

Even if hired today -- and thats a big if -- I doubt he would have any major input on the Titans game. But everything coming after would definitely benefit from someone who knows this offense as well as O'Shea.

I think the overall body language between BoB and Tom on the one hand, and McD and Josh on the other hand, suggested a strong preference for McD by Brady...that's how I saw it. Besides, no on had to separate McD and Brady, whereas BOB went after him and Belichick had to step in.

BoB is a tough guy who doesn’t take crap from anyone.

Yeah but it doesn't work that way. They are over thinking it. Unless the contract is up they can deny permission unless it's to be Head Coach.

They can but generally speaking it rarely happens in case of upward promotions. Schuplinski going from QB coach in Miami to OC in Cleveland is not a lateral move.

The right way to address this is not denying interviews but promoting people you want to keep.

I’m very confused about this move. First, O’Shea & Flores were on the same team for years. Secondly, you’d think O’Shea had good vibes about leaving NE and it lasting one year is bizarre - especially when they knew Miami was a long term turnaround. Thirdly, he was at the helm of a big win just this week...

Definitely something going on backstage.

My take is QB development. The Dolphins can't possibly believe Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to lead them anywhere meaningful long term. Fitzpatrick is an intelligent veteran. He could take a game plan and work with it.

But Rosen showed zero improvement. Flores might not be happy with having O'Shea bring along the next young guy based on what he saw.

Chan Gailey. Wow did not see that
one coming.

My take is QB development. The Dolphins can't possibly believe Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to lead them anywhere meaningful long term. Fitzpatrick is an intelligent veteran. He could take a game plan and work with it.
And then they hire Gailey, who has coached Fitz with both BUF and NYJ. Could be coincidence. But still...Weird.

I agree with you, they can't think of Fitzpatrick as "franchise" but they might still consider him their best option for the next year or two if they don't believe in Rosen and aren't convinced they should pick a new QB in the draft. If I'm them I'm certainly not sold on burning the #5 pick on Tua, where a lot of early mocks still have him going.

I think Miami is passing on qb early in favor of defense/OL

67 years old... bucks the trend of “shiny new thing” the League has going.

Re. Chad O'Shea. I have concern that he was fired only 1 year after being hand picked by Flores to come down to Miami as OC. Plus this after the Patriots win and several explosive offensive performances with basically Devante Parker and Fitz as their only real weapons.
Curious as to why? Did they not get along (Flore should have known this after working on same coaching staff for years), Did O'Shea not get along with players? Different philosophies,,,all are possible ..but after only 1 year?

Rumor has been floated out their that BB is grooming Joe Judge to be OC, I can see that. Also supposedly BB was not that sad to see O'Shea go with Flores last year and did not aggressively try to retain him.

I would be surprised if BB hires O'Shea back as OC. Would be nice to see some new blood as OC on the offensive side of the ball. Pat Shurmur is a guy who has lots of experience as an OC.

Last edited:
If the Chargers pass on Tua, maybe he'll be a available for us...

You know I like the talent he has, durability for me is a huge concern especially with the unknowns currently on his hip. And I kinda want to see what we have in Stidham at some point next year before entertaining an early QB pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes