PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad O Shea fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. Chad O'Shea. I have concern that he was fired only 1 year after being hand picked by Flores to come down to Miami as OC. Plus this after the Patriots win and several explosive offensive performances with basically Devante Parker and Fitz as their only real weapons.
Curious as to why? Did they not get along (Flore should have known this after working on same coaching staff for years), Did O'Shea not get along with players? Different philosophies,,,all are possible ..but after only 1 year?

Rumor has been floated out their that BB is grooming Joe Judge to be OC, I can see that. Also supposedly BB was not that sad to see O;Shea go with Flores last year and di not aggressively try to retain him.

Iwould be surprised if BB hires O'Shea back. Would be nice to see some new blood as OC on the offensive side of the ball. Pat Shurmur is a guy who has lots of experience as an OC.

If judge is indeed joshs replacement O’Shea is an obvious choice to come back as WRs coach.

You know I like the talent he has, durability for me is a huge concern especially with the unknowns currently on his hip. And I kinda want to see what we have in Stidham at some point next year before entertaining an early QB pick.

Thats a risky venture considering the draft comes before any type of camps to see what they got in Stidham. Got a feeling they already know a lot about him since they see him everyday in practice. I’d package as much as possible to get Tua if he checks out and they feel they can turn him into something special.

If judge is indeed joshs replacement O’Shea is an obvious choice to come back as WRs coach.
That's where I am on this as well. I'd rank this as the most likely scenario

You know I like the talent he has, durability for me is a huge concern especially with the unknowns currently on his hip. And I kinda want to see what we have in Stidham at some point next year before entertaining an early QB pick.

I dont think Tua is a talent you can pass up on...if he somehow falls to wherever we pick. We probably have bigger needs at TE and OL, but let Stidham and Tua compete and whoever loses the job trade him.

I dont think Tua is a talent you can pass up on...if he somehow falls to wherever we pick. We probably have bigger needs at TE and OL, but let Stidham and Tua compete and whoever loses the job trade him.

If Tua continues to track to a full, or near full, recovery, he'll be a Top 5 pick & the Pats won't have a chance to get him. There's a good chance, he'll end up in Miami after all.

The Pats are going to have to be more creative. Maybe Stidham's the guy. No one outside the organization would know at this point. If the Giants give up on Jones, the Pats should grab him. He struck me as being a good fit for this offense. Deadly accurate.

If Tua continues to track to a full, or near full, recovery, he'll be a Top 5 pick & the Pats won't have a chance to get him. There's a good chance, he'll end up in Miami after all.

The Pats are going to have to be more creative. Maybe Stidham's the guy. No one outside the organization would know at this point. If the Giants give up on Jones, the Pats should grab him. He struck me as being a good fit for this offense. Deadly accurate.

I agree that Miami will likely take him with one of their 3 first round picks. All those picks are ahead of us. If somehow Tua slips past them, then the odds are good that he'll be around whenever we pick. Other teams that could use a new QB include Las Vegas, LAC, and Carolina. Unless we get creative, as you say, we are going to hard time replacing Brady unless Stidham pans out. It's the curse of winning - you pick at the end of draft every year.

I dont think Stidham would have any trade value if he loses the qb battle, better off in this situation just keeping him as a backup in case of injury.

Iwould be surprised if BB hires O'Shea back. Would be nice to see some new blood as OC on the offensive side of the ball. Pat Shurmur is a guy who has lots of experience as an OC.

I doubt you will see anyone external (as in not in the BB circle of trust) going directly to a coordinator position. If someone he trusts from the college levels would become available maybe but that is about it.

If you are hoping for some fresh wind blowing into the offense the roadblock will be your QB who has been uniquely successful with the way everything is set up and will continue to be so if healthy.

Maybe once the day comes that we move away from Brady the offense will be redesigned.

LOL, I thought he was the reason we lost the other day!

I doubt you will see anyone external (as in not in the BB circle of trust) going directly to a coordinator position. If someone he trusts from the college levels would become available maybe but that is about it.

If you are hoping for some fresh wind blowing into the offense the roadblock will be your QB who has been uniquely successful with the way everything is set up and will continue to be so if healthy.

Maybe once the day comes that we move away from Brady the offense will be redesigned.

I hear Urban Meyer isn’t doing much these days.

My take is QB development. The Dolphins can't possibly believe Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to lead them anywhere meaningful long term. Fitzpatrick is an intelligent veteran. He could take a game plan and work with it.

But Rosen showed zero improvement. Flores might not be happy with having O'Shea bring along the next young guy based on what he saw.
But is lack of QB development on Schuplinski or on O'Shea?

I don’t think Bill went out of his way to keep him one year ago. Has anything changed? Not cutting it with the worse offense in the league is not a ringing endorsement.

Not doing much with the worst offense in the league probably isn't damning either, provided the reason was the personnel he was given and not his planning/execution.

But, if the Dolphins think they can find a better guy I suppose the Pats could too.

So much for the Schuplinski theory.
This “Pro Football Network” site has been a disaster. It’s hard to top the report that Edelman was on the trade block before the season, though.

But is lack of QB development on Schuplinski or on O'Shea?

As it turns out Schuplinski didn't get the job either, so it could be both. Or Rosen.

It is a head scratcher. They're really gonna build around Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Yeah but it doesn't work that way. They are over thinking it. Unless the contract is up they can deny permission unless it's to be Head Coach.

I thought it was if it's considered a promotion.

lmao Chan Gailey.

Were Ray Perkins and Ron Earhardt busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back