PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad O Shea fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about the O'Shea situation the more I wonder if this is actually the first hint that McDaniels might be likely to take that Browns job and the Dolphins/Flores are trying to protect themselves from McD taking Schuplinski to Cleveland.

I just like the offense better under Josh. And Brady was clearly happier with Josh than BOB, who threw a hissy fit in the Redskins game
Clearly?

I put zero stock in sideline hissy fits.

The more I think about the O'Shea situation the more I wonder if this is actually the first hint that McDaniels might be likely to take that Browns job and the Dolphins/Flores are trying to protect themselves from McD taking Schuplinski to Cleveland.
They may want to promote Schuplinski but unless his contract is up (almost certainly isn't after one year) they don't have to protect anything. Assistants can be denied permission unless it's to be a Head Coach.

Clearly?

I put zero stock in sideline hissy fits.

I think the overall body language between BoB and Tom on the one hand, and McD and Josh on the other hand, suggested a strong preference for McD by Brady...that's how I saw it. Besides, no on had to separate McD and Brady, whereas BOB went after him and Belichick had to step in.

I think the overall body language between BoB and Tom on the one hand, and McD and Josh on the other hand, suggested a strong preference for McD by Brady...that's how I saw it,
I agree that BoB was more confrontational and I would also agree that Tom/JMD probably have a better personal relationship(maybe even a working one) but I don't think the professional one between BoB/Tom was a bad one. Just different.

I agree that BoB was more confrontational and I would also agree that Tom/JMD probably have a better personal relationship(maybe even a working one) but I don't think the professional one between BoB/Tom was a bad one. Just different.

You may be right, but at the end of the day, we got 3 super bowls with Josh as OC and 0 with BOB. Can't argue with the results...

Pretty sure you cant bring him in until after playoffs.

You know, rule changes after Pat's did it last time.

This is off of memory, but I THINK it was proposed to change the rule after 2011 because of McDaniels, but the competition committee or the owners or someone shot it down because it hardly ever happens like it did for us and McD.

Can he Coach up WR's because we all know BB can't??

Can he Coach up WR's because we all know BB can't??

BB can't devote 100% of his attention to every unit on the team. With that being said, getting O'Shea here will allow Judge to focus on special teams. Hopefully, BB can make this hiring happen and we'll see a different WR unit on Saturday, even if it's a slight improvement.

This is off of memory, but I THINK it was proposed to change the rule after 2011 because of McDaniels, but the competition committee or the owners or someone shot it down because it hardly ever happens like it did for us and McD.
We do it again and they’ll change the rule and apply it retroactively.

I’m very confused about this move. First, O’Shea & Flores were on the same team for years. Secondly, you’d think O’Shea had good vibes about leaving NE and it lasting one year is bizarre - especially when they knew Miami was a long term turnaround. Thirdly, he was at the helm of a big win just this week...

Definitely something going on backstage.

I’m very confused about this move. First, O’Shea & Flores were on the same team for years. Secondly, you’d think O’Shea had good vibes about leaving NE and it lasting one year is bizarre - especially when they knew Miami was a long term turnaround. Thirdly, he was at the helm of a big win just this week...

Definitely something going on backstage.
I agree - something major happened.

Intersting...

He should be brought in. He can only help.

I agree - something major happened.

I think the speculation that he was fired in order to promote jerry schuplinski (and prevent mcD from hiring him) might be spot on...he and McD went to the same college and probably have a close relationship. Interesting question is would McD offer him the OC job in Cleveland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back