PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson #85 arrested - UPDATE - Released By Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on TMZ aswell! They were married for 6 weeks!

Sadly I don't think it will end well for CJ! :(

I wouldn't say 'sadly' until we know the full and correct story. If he headbutt his wife because she found the condom receipt he bought and used to cheat on her, I'm not going to feel sorry for him in the slightest.

Theres also a Tiger Woods type story floating around about a possible mistress of his.

Evelyn isn't a saint herself, but I'm still not going to feel sorry for him if any of these stories are true.

There are more than 1 million instances of fraudulent domestic abuse claims every year. Also, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of all domestic violence is committed by women upon men, and it happens at all levels of seriousness.

"Domestic and intimate partner violence occurs in epidemic proportions, affecting an estimated 6.2 million American women each year, causing injury that is more serious to women than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined (Department of Justice (DOJ), 2008). It is estimated that at least 4 million women experience a serious assault by an intimate male partner during an average 12-month period. In fact, nearly 95 percent of domestic violence victims are women (DOJ, 2008).

And your claim about rape is nowhere near accurate. More than 20% of rape claims are false claims.

Says you, but not according to the American Prosecutor's Research Institute. Claims of inflated instances of false reporting are largely based on studies using unscientific methodology and often biased or careless reporting by police departments in instances where cases are unsubstantiated or victims decline to cooperate often because of fear of repercussions or the very real fear they will be dragged through the mud and won't be believed. They state on review these studies all begin to fall into the 2-8% range.

The statistics don't back you up, at all. However, I'm not going to drag this thread down further than it's already gone by continuing down this path. Suffice it to say that your "devil's advocate" position is every bit as off as the positions you're claiming to be countering.

That response is so you. I'm right and you're wrong and having said that I'm done with this. LOL

I wouldn't say 'sadly' until we know the full and correct story. If he headbutt his wife because she found the condom receipt he bought and used to cheat on her, I'm not going to feel sorry for him in the slightest.

Theres also a Tiger Woods type story floating around about a possible mistress of his.

Evelyn isn't a saint herself, but I'm still not going to feel sorry for him if any of these stories are true.

I didn't mean his marriage! I meant his career and life!

Chad has now released a statement.

"I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death. I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL. To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies. I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

Chad has now released a statement.

It's hard to tell if that is regret or something else in his statement, but Evelyn has been the aggressor in everything that has happened since the incident, and she has been moving extremely quickly.

That response is so you. I'm right and you're wrong and having said that I'm done with this. LOL

Actually, I was trying to keep the thread from going down a road it shouldn't. Of course, though, you couldn't just let it go. Even after admitting that you were just playing devil's advocate, you couldn't just shut up about things. So, very quickly....

"Every year since 1989, in about 25 percent of the sexual assault cases referred to the FBI where results could be obtained, the primary suspect has been excluded by forensic DNA testing. Specifically, FBI officials report that out of roughly 10,000 sexual assault cases since 1989, about 2,000 tests have been inconclusive, about 2,000 tests have excluded the primary suspect, and about 6,000 have "matched" or included the primary suspect."

The authors continued, "these percentages have remained constant for 7 years, and the National Institute of Justice's informal survey of private laboratories reveals a strikingly similar 26 percent exclusion rate."

False Rape Accusations May Be More Common Than Thought | Fox News

That's roughly 1/4 of cases which are excluded just on DNA alone.

And here's just one year and one location:

This year Plano’s sex crimes investigators have reviewed 34 cases, 16 of which were dismissed due to evidence proving false accusation.

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2008/09/17/plano_star-courier/news/20.txt

As for the domestic violence, here's a breakdown in England, so you can't argue about the U.S. biases:

Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available. In 2006-07 men made up 43.4% of all those who had suffered partner abuse in the previous year, which rose to 45.5% in 2007-08 but fell to 37.7% in 2008-09.

More than 40% of domestic violence victims are male, report reveals | Society | The Observer

and here's a U.S. finding:

Approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men
are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles1/nij/183781.txt

Again, and as I said, you're just as bad as those you are talking about. Now, let it be.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell if that is regret or something else in his statement, but Evelyn has been the aggressor in everything that has happened since the incident, and she has been moving extremely quickly.

Well considering he's been cheating on her forever in addition to whatever else happened the other night...why wouldn't she. He's a little toxic right now even for reality TV, which is her bread and butter. Her release was pretty to the point. His is a little passive aggressive, and possibly delusional. He loved her to death allright... He just cheated on her incessantly and accused her of headbutting him...and he's waiting for the phone to ring so he can get past it all be relevant again.

Well considering he's been cheating on her forever in addition to whatever else happened the other night...why wouldn't she. He's a little toxic right now even for reality TV, which is her bread and butter. Her release was pretty to the point. His is a little passive aggressive, and possibly delusional. He loved her to death allright... He just cheated on her incessantly and accused her of headbutting him...and he's waiting for the phone to ring so he can get past it all be relevant again.

Yeah, I'm not taking anyones side, no point to when we know absolutely nothing outside of 'he said she said'.

It's ironic that a player that spent his career planning on how to draw attention to himself now finds himself out of work and the center of unplanned attention. All the things you do get back to you sometime.

Dude better of gotten a prenup.

Dude better of gotten a prenup.

I don't know much of anything about law as it relates to marriage, but aren't assets that were earned prior to the marriage typically more protected than assets earned during the course of the marriage? Besides, Lozada's pretty wealthy in her own right, but yeah, given her history with Antoine Walker, Chad's crazy/stupid if he didn't get a prenup.

I don't know much of anything about law as it relates to marriage, but aren't assets that were earned prior to the marriage typically more protected than assets earned during the course of the marriage? Besides, Lozada's pretty wealthy in her own right, but yeah, given her history with Antoine Walker, Chad's crazy/stupid if he didn't get a prenup.

She can at least get the pizza money back.

Amazing sometimes the difference between living together and being married. I knew a couple who lived together for 5 years - got married - didn't make it through the honeymoon and divorce ... several other couples also. I did it and did not see the difference but I guess it makes a difference to some. Aside from the he said she said fight - not sure either of them were truly marriage material or merely got married as part of the show and hoped it would work. Hopefully they both learn and mature from here.

Actually, I was trying to keep the thread from going down a road it shouldn't. Of course, though, you couldn't just let it go. Even after admitting that you were just playing devil's advocate, you couldn't just shut up about things. So, very quickly....

False Rape Accusations May Be More Common Than Thought | Fox News

That's roughly 1/4 of cases which are excluded just on DNA alone.

And here's just one year and one location:

Star Local News > Plano Star-courier > News > Sexual assault victims afraid to face court

As for the domestic violence, here's a breakdown in England, so you can't argue about the U.S. biases:

More than 40% of domestic violence victims are male, report reveals | Society | The Observer

and here's a U.S. finding:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles1/nij/183781.txt

Again, and as I said, you're just as bad as those you are talking about. Now, let it be.

Now you're doing one of the things you consistently accuse others of, moving the goalposts...not to mention cherrypicking "a" study. And you might have tried reading the Plano article as the investigator provide an explanation for the obviously misleading (since they did you) false reports numbers in the next couple of sentences:

Tomeo said this is a common occurrence, which is why she said numbers don’t tell the whole story.

“The amount of cases reported shows the amount of cases we investigate,” Tomeo said.

She said the investigators could determine the incident did not happen, the victim can choose not to cooperate or they decide they have loyalty to someone else.

Which jives with what the APRI findings and analysis underscored.

Chads new Twitter picture:

0814-chad-twitter-picture-2.jpg

It's ironic that a player that spent his career planning on how to draw attention to himself now finds himself out of work and the center of unplanned attention. All the things you do get back to you sometime.

Its called Karma.

watching chad on hardknocks right now...knowing he is getting cut makes me lol

Now you're doing one of the things you consistently accuse others of, moving the goalposts...not to mention cherrypicking "a" study. And you might have tried reading the Plano article as the investigator provide an explanation for the obviously misleading (since they did you) false reports numbers in the next couple of sentences:

Which jives with what the APRI findings and analysis underscored.

1.) I didn't move any goalposts, as you know. I responded to your post, nothing more.

2.) I read the Plano article. It runs completely counter to your 2% claim and doesn't jive with your cite, at all. You know that too.

3.) As to the cherrypicking argument, I responded to your links with counter links. That's how it's done. Yet again, you know that.

Bottom line: This is about Johnson and his arrest, not the percentage of false rape claims. So you went off topic and got the info wrong. Just drop it is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore