PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
With the Celtics up 3-0 in round one, seems kinda crazy we don't have a thread dedicated to this

Full disclosure, I've become a fair-weather fan in recent years, mostly because so much of today's game, iso ball, chucking up 3's etc, kinda sucks. But watching this series, the C's have the ball flying around, it's really fun to watch. And Tatum has been the best player on the floor by far

On the other side, Durant has been....weird. Does he even want to play? wtf?

Anyway, I think the odds are still against a title, but it's definitely fun for now

If Durant has quit, it's because the Cs made him quit. They've played the best defense on him I've ever seen ANY team play.

If Durant has quit, it's because the Cs made him quit. They've played the best defense on him I've ever seen ANY team play.
I mean, it’s been great for sure. But you’ve got arguably the best player in the league with a driving dunk to make it a seven point game with 11 minutes left in the fourth quarter of an almost do or die game, and he didn’t take a shot the rest of the way. That’s mind-boggling

Ben Simmons Syndrome. He hasn't even taken to the court for the Nets and his effect is taking hold with his teammates.

I do not know what the final result of the season is gonna be but the Celtics right now is the definition of a team. Tatum is the man but he has got support in JB when he takes responsibility in the most important moments of the game. Ok, his stats are not so impressive as Tatum's but his leadership especially in crucial parts of the game is invaluable.
Smart is a bulldog in defense and although sometimes he tries to be a hero in offense with mediocre effect I like his effort a lot.
I think if this team will be able to keep the high defense level we might be witnesses of big things this season.

You're not alone. That being said, you absolutely called it before the playoffs that this Celtics team fears no one.

Van Gundy marveled on the Game 2 broadcast at how the Celtics’ defense frustrated Nets scoring machine Kevin Durant.
“It’s the best I’ve seen any team defend him,”

Smart is a bulldog in defense and although sometimes he tries to be a hero in offense with mediocre effect I like his effort a lot.
I think if this team will be able to keep the high defense level we might be witnesses of big things this season.
In the last game, I liked the clip showing Smart in the chair talking to the team at a break.

I’ve been watching as well. This team is a fun watch. Like the op said, been a little turned off with the state of the game. This team was built fairly so it seems like a good mix of homegrown with key additions. Something as a fan you can get behind. Unlike this whole stars demanding their way off their current teams to go play with 2 more superstars. Miami started it and then Boston did it followed by a lot of other teams that has really eliminated fans hope before the first tip off of the season.

I’m hoping the Celtics can win it all and stick it to the league. I’ve taken enjoyment out of this Nets series who are one of the biggest culprits of this new team building scam.

This team is a great story and they are so fun to watch. Great ball movement and lock down defense. There is an argument to be made that Tatum and Brown are a top 3 duo in the NBA, maybe the best depending on how the remainder of the playoffs go.

Finish off the Nets and I think we are in good shape against Milwaukee. They’ve still got good players but Middleton is a big loss, we’ve struggled with him quite a bit in the past.

Huge win against the Nets and officials tonight, and the Celtics are on to the second round.

That sixth foul on Tatum was cheap. Credit to the team for hanging tough thereafter when it looked like Brooklyn might seize closing momentum. Who expected a sweep?

That sixth foul on Tatum was cheap. Credit to the team for hanging tough thereafter when it looked like Brooklyn might seize closing momentum. Who expected a sweep?
It was great to see the other guys (led by Smart and Brown) keeping cool and the game under control when Tatum fouled out. Previous Celtics teams would’ve fallen apart.

Yep, horrible call. Big ft miss by Durant. A sweep, but every game was close. Series against Bucks might be a great one

Is the last 21 games Foster has worked, the losing team is 19-2. They don't call him the Series Extender for nothing. In other news, Bucks don't play till Weds, so I'd expect if they win, the next series wouldn't start till Saturday at the earliest. Enjoy your well earned rest boys.

Before the series started, if someone bet me that the Celtics would sweep, I would've lost a poopload of money.

Without Middleton which will be huge.

He's out for another week, I hear? So if the Bulls win tomorrow, he'll play the entire series against the C's. Makes it tough to know whether to root for the Bulls or Bucks tomorrow.

Is the last 21 games Foster has worked, the losing team is 19-2. They don't call him the Series Extender for nothing. In other news, Bucks don't play till Weds, so I'd expect if they win, the next series wouldn't start till Saturday at the earliest. Enjoy your well earned rest boys.

Every playoff game they ref is $30K more. Those boat payments won't make themselves.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back