PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021

Ainge's love which =max contracts for diminutive PGs (who inevitably deteriorate physically),
his love which=max contracts for finesse jump shooters (Horford, Hayward, Tatum, Brown),
his utter contempt for competent inside forces at C & PF,
his bizarre attraction to unathletic tweeners asked to be the Celtics inside presence,
his refusal to relinquish mid 1st round assets,
etc
etc
etc

Failed formula
Failed execution
Massive opportunity pissed away

Then there's The Brad.......
Cheery, bright eyed architect of the golly gee Globetrotter weave which never freed up cutters to the basket and inevitably turned into iso, last second launches.

Truthfully, I haven't the slightest idea what knowledge Stevens could possibly bring to the front office.
Does he bake wonderful brownies for ownership?

From what it is sounding like this was possibly Ainge’s decision to step down, more so than being pressured to do so. That would make a lot more sense to me as to why they elevated Stevens to the GM role.

Irving knows basketball........that's all his dad taught him

it is obvious that Jaylen was taught about the rest of the world

From what it is sounding like this was possibly Ainge’s decision to step down, more so than being pressured to do so. That would make a lot more sense to me as to why they elevated Stevens to the GM role.

I think health may have a part in it

Ainge's love which =max contracts for diminutive PGs (who inevitably deteriorate physically),
his love which=max contracts for finesse jump shooters (Horford, Hayward, Tatum, Brown),
his bizarre attraction to unathletic tweeners asked to be the Celtics inside presence,
etc
etc
etc

Failed formula
Failed execution

Cheery, bright eyed architect of the golly gee Globetrotter weave which never freed up cutters to the basket and inevitably turned into iso, last second launches.

Truthfully, I haven't the slightest idea what knowledge Stevens could possibly bring to the front office.

that's a bit harsh .... bringing in Irving, Hayward, and Mooch was a great move at the time that turned out to be bad luck. Then Tatum, Brown, and Rozier take the C's on an impressive playoff run......problem is that Hayward and Irving were coming back in the fall and things got a lot more crowded much more quickly than anyone had anticipated. With 20-20 hindsight, moving Irving during the season would have been intelligent, but Irving's the one that dragged things out.

what was supposed to be awesome turned into a mess and still the C's made conference finals 2 out of those 3 years.

To complain about that speaks more of the complainer

Overall, the C's are in relatively good shape and aren't stuck by any stretch of the imagination.

When it comes to young playoff studs, it's Tatum, Doncic, Morant, and Young........not sure I would take any of them over Tatum.

I think sticking it out with the Jays is the smartest thing.......one more year of timelord to see if he can ever be healthy......everyone else can be moved

etc
etc
etc

Failed formula
Failed execution

Ainge brought a world championships to Boston trading pieces not unlike Red. He probably would have won in 2020 had Perkins not been injured. He also is responsible for acquiring Tatum, which was brilliant.

Overall, the C's are in relatively good shape and aren't stuck by any stretch of the imagination.

When it comes to young playoff studs, it's Tatum, Doncic, Morant, and Young........not sure I would take any of them over Tatum.

I think sticking it out with the Jays is the smartest thing.......one more year of timelord to see if he can ever be healthy......everyone else can be moved
Luka maybe. I prefer Tatum but that's also the homer in me, I'm sure the large majority would choose Doncic.

Luka maybe. I prefer Tatum but that's also the homer in me, I'm sure the large majority would choose Doncic.

I think Doncic is already maxed out physically and Tatum still has room to get stronger. Tatum's a better shooter both from the 3 and from the line.

Ainge did a very good job overall. I think the Kemba Walker signing was what did them in. They had a championship core if they could have added one more superstar, and after years of holding out they signed a guy who was unfortunately entering the downside of his career and battling injuries.

I think that’s a championship team with Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, or maybe even Chris Paul instead of Walker. 3 big free agents all failed to take them to the next level: Kyrie, Hayward, and Walker. I didn’t feel great about any of those signings at the time because of the redundancy on the roster and the lack of true alpha superstardom.

He left them in a good spot though with two young, outstanding players, one of whom might reach MVP discussion level.

The Walker signing was just a side effect of the Kyrie Irving/Gordon Hayward fiasco. their fault was not knowing how fast Tatum could grow. No Irving means the C's likely draft Collin Sexton the following year. I'm not sure how much Irving's signing would have changed whether Hayward signs with the C's, but there was really nobody else to give a max deal to ... either way, what was supposed to be a really good free agency turned into an impediment.

Ainge brought a world championships to Boston trading pieces not unlike Red. He probably would have won in 2010 had Perkins not been injured. He also is responsible for acquiring Tatum, which was brilliant.

Danny was also responsible for not having an adequate backup when Perkins was injured.

that's a bit harsh .... bringing in Irving, Hayward, and Mooch was a great move at the time that turned out to be bad luck. Then Tatum, Brown, and Rozier take the C's on an impressive playoff run......problem is that Hayward and Irving were coming back in the fall and things got a lot more crowded much more quickly than anyone had anticipated. With 20-20 hindsight, moving Irving during the season would have been intelligent, but Irving's the one that dragged things out.

what was supposed to be awesome turned into a mess and still the C's made conference finals 2 out of those 3 years.

To complain about that speaks more of the complainer
Complain?
More like understanding history.
With the exception of Golden State (one year) and their two all-world snipers, no NBA champ has been comprised of finesse jump shooting stars and a dozen JAGs with zero inside presence.

Ainge attempted to buck history
Tiny PGs, a 2 pt jump shooting hillbilly, a center stashed out on the arc, and tweener JAGs asked to rebound against legit NBA bigs.
That's your awesome

No worries, more awesome in the wings.....Langford and Nesmith ready to launch
Goosebumps!

OT: Wonder if The Brad will insist his new coach work the Globetrotter weave too?

Sure seems to me that Stevens just failed upwards big time....

Sure seems to me that Stevens just failed upwards big time....
Who knew an IU coaching offer was enough to leverage your way to the top of an NBA team.

"Wyc.....If you don't force out that finesse-jump shooter-lovin GM of yours and give me his job, I'm heading to an irrelevant college program and I'm taking my Globetrotter weave with me"

Complain?
More like understanding history.
With the exception of Golden State (one year) and their two all-world snipers, no NBA champ has been comprised of finesse jump shooting stars and a dozen JAGs with zero inside presence.

Ainge attempted to buck history
Tiny PGs, a 2 pt jump shooting hillbilly, a center stashed out on the arc, and tweener JAGs asked to rebound against legit NBA bigs.
That's your awesome

No worries, more awesome in the wings.....Langford and Nesmith ready to launch
Goosebumps!

OT: Wonder if The Brad will insist his new coach work the Globetrotter weave too?

a dozen jags? That’s complaining ….. 2 pt jump shooting hillbilly? That’s complaining.

not really understanding anything

This is what happens when idiots overthink things….I’m talking about the article

there’s 2 ways of building a franchise …. Through the draft or simply buying it. Through the draft takes time …. 6-7 years before you even smell a championship if your top 2-3 guys peak and you get the right FA’s

the horford deal was all about getting rid of walker and gaining some cap space….horford was a side effect and the last thing the C’s need is to be drafting 16.

the bucks and the sixers top guys are older than the C’s top guys and they have yet to experience the success that the C’s have had.

walker had the right attitude, but if you don’t have Gobert at the 5, you are going to get killed at the defensive end.

right now, they need to bring back Fournier, and they need to find a solid 1-2 G…nobody needs a true point anymore …. Caruso from the Lakers would be perfect.

the real question is why you don’t allow yourself to enjoy life?

lol @ the sixers

even doc can’t save them

Simmons on the bench during crunch time…..talk about a bust

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots