PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021

any I think that is the main issue...they are not playing as a team. A lot of individuals on the floor and other than the occasional lob pass, everything else is iso or one man basketball. That is not going to cut it. Tatum is frustrating as well and certainly thinks he is Kobe.

I have enjoyed watching Kornet and Pritchard.
I also think brown and Tatum are still growing in terms of maturity.....they’re still going to get better, but I hope the process doesn’t wear them out

I also think brown and Tatum are still growing in terms of maturity.....they’re still going to get better, but I hope the process doesn’t wear them out
TIME LORD!
If you are subscriber, this morning's review in the Athletic of his development into an intelligent player is a very good read.
The seduction is a core of the J's, Time Lord, and Pritchard, with a power forward to be named later.

TIME LORD!
If you are subscriber, this morning's review in the Athletic of his development into an intelligent player is a very good read.
The seduction is a core of the J's, Time Lord, and Pritchard, with a power forward to be named later.

maybe we can wind up with Franz Wagner/Jalen Johnson/Scottie Barnes in the draft

6 out of 7. Two good wins against solid teams. Tatum is playing great basketball. I’m not ready to say the C’s have turned the corner but there are two more games ahead that they ought to win and we are getting all our guys back onto the court consistently. They are playing their best since pre-Tatum Covid.

6 out of 7. Two good wins against solid teams. Tatum is playing great basketball. I’m not ready to say the C’s have turned the corner but there are two more games ahead that they ought to win and we are getting all our guys back onto the court consistently. They are playing their best since pre-Tatum Covid.
they're playing defense....and 70% assist rate means they're doing better as a team.

Other than the bench, again, nearly choking the game away we looked damn good. But on that note:

This is the third time that the third string players have surrendered a giant lead in a matter of minutes. It’s unbelievable how bad it can get. Tremont Waters is horrendous, so is Wagner. Of course guys like Tremont and Carsen know their careers in the NBA are about up and they are trying to get theirs but speeding up the game with a 27 point lead.

Boggles me why Brad, who has seen this before, would allow a lead like that to dwindle to 7 points before reinserting starters. He didn’t even need to put the starters back in, he could’ve just gotten Pritchard, Kornet, Williams back in around 15-20 points.

Other than the bench, again, nearly choking the game away we looked damn good. But on that note:

This is the third time that the third string players have surrendered a giant lead in a matter of minutes. It’s unbelievable how bad it can get. Tremont Waters is horrendous, so is Wagner. Of course guys like Tremont and Carsen know their careers in the NBA are about up and they are trying to get theirs but speeding up the game with a 27 point lead.

Boggles me why Brad, who has seen this before, would allow a lead like that to dwindle to 7 points before reinserting starters. He didn’t even need to put the starters back in, he could’ve just gotten Pritchard, Kornet, Williams back in around 15-20 points.

enter Jabari Parker

That ENTIRE 2019 draft should've had Danny FIRED.

Don't know which is more Inexcusable: Danny's 2019 draft or Don Sweeney's 2015 draft...

That ENTIRE 2019 draft should've had Danny FIRED.

Don't know which is more Inexcusable: Danny's 2019 draft or Don Sweeney's 2015 draft...
I definitely don’t think Danny is as bad of a drafter as he’s made out to be. Pretty much all second round picks are crap shoots. From 2014 on he’s drafted a number of good players:

Tatum and Brown are going to be perennial All-Stars and Tatum should be one of the top players in the league. Neither of those guys were projected as best from their class but they were either best from their class or top three.

Smart is one of the best defenders in the league and a very good player as much as he can infuriate us at times (he does less of that nowadays).

Rozier is a 20 ppg player and a worthy starting guard. Robert Williams has come along and turned out to be a very impactful player with a high ceiling if he can avoid injuries.

Thats five good to excellent picks in the past six years. Grant Williams is a mixed bag. Half the time I see him as a nice rotational player and half the time I want him gone. I think Langford is a bust and reserve judgement on Nesmith who I would rather take Langfords minutes.

I definitely don’t think Danny is as bad of a drafter as he’s made out to be. Pretty much all second round picks are crap shoots. From 2014 on he’s drafted a number of good players:

Tatum and Brown are going to be perennial All-Stars and Tatum should be one of the top players in the league. Neither of those guys were projected as best from their class but they were either best from their class or top three.

Smart is one of the best defenders in the league and a very good player as much as he can infuriate us at times (he does less of that nowadays).

Rozier is a 20 ppg player and a worthy starting guard. Robert Williams has come along and turned out to be a very impactful player with a high ceiling if he can avoid injuries.

Thats five good to excellent picks in the past six years. Grant Williams is a mixed bag. Half the time I see him as a nice rotational player and half the time I want him gone. I think Langford is a bust and reserve judgement on Nesmith who I would rather take Langfords minutes.

Yeah I do like the Time Lord pick...Danny doesn't draft big men nearly as much as he should, and he was probably the BPA regardless of position at the time the choice was made...I'm really pulling for him...

I don't know what I witnessed vs. Charlotte but that was a lack luster performance. Brad has to start coaching and sending some messages to his players. This game would have been a great opportunity. The lazy ass turn over by Tatum in the first quarter was unacceptable. He could of pulled Tatum and sat him for the rest of the first half to send a message. Tatum only had 5 shot attempts in the half so he wasn't doing anything out there anyway. This team needs a kick in the ass or we can just pack it in. Frustrating

I don't have a lot of confidence in this current squad. lots of really good players but cant seem to get it together as a team...and the 3pt shooting is tough to watch. They could get hot and make a run but i would be shocked if they last past the first round matchup.

I don't have a lot of confidence in this current squad. lots of really good players but cant seem to get it together as a team...and the 3pt shooting is tough to watch. They could get hot and make a run but i would be shocked if they last past the first round matchup.
I think Jalen Brown is out for the year……that’s a wrap

I think Jalen Brown is out for the year……that’s a wrap
just saw that. yup, that will do it for this year. As mentioned, might be a good time for young talent to get some experience in big situations and see how they react. Other than than, we are done for the year

All that draft capital spent on undersized wing players who Trader Danny has too often said he can't have enough of..... and tweener JAGs

Result: A woefully undersized roster with zero paint presence and limited rebounding abilities forcing The Brad to deploy the Globetrotter weave for 22 seconds and then launch 25 footers by the likes of Marcus The Sniper Smart.....or The Brad's plan B: Tatum isolation.

Danny's East Coast version/pipedream of replicating the Golden State Warriors.
LMFAO

The Obituary soon to be written....
Green Teamers will be kind to Ainge when looking back on this era with the C's making the Eastern Finals a few times but less invested historians will likely conclude this Celtics era was an unmitigated waste of a golden opportunity.
And I suspect team builders of the future will look at Ainge's lust for stockpiling and keeping draft picks and conclude his strategy was both naive and poorly executed..... and should be avoided like the plague.

Last edited:
So, looking into the future...what do you think it would take to get Bradley Beal? I know, he wont be the cure for all the issues but it would at least inject some life into Tatum. Let me start by saying i am not a basketball expert, however, Tatum looks passive and does not appear to have that killer instinct like his idol Kobe. When things get a little hard, I don't see Tatum putting the team on his back (i know, he scored 60 and erased a 20-something point deficit). I am just not the biggest fan of Tatum and really don't see why he is so highly regarded. He is a good, not great young player. The whole team is a mess and seems to be a lot of individual play rather than team ball. That is on Brad to either figure out or he needs to go. Maybe they have tuned him out. Maybe another voice needs to be heard. Not sure but this team is stuck in a rut and there needs to be changes

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back