PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021

to be fair, what were the top guys in any of the top teams doing when they were 22….it drives me crazy how he takes time off, but nobody was putting putting up 40/50/60 point games at that age…..he’s a #1…..if he can lead by example
Re: the bold - that’s why I don’t think he’s a number 1. But he’s young and could possibly prove me wrong. If it makes you guys feel any better, at least you’re getting drilled by the probable Finals winner and not who they’re going to beat in the ECF.

Re: the bold - that’s why I don’t think he’s a number 1. But he’s young and could possibly prove me wrong. If it makes you guys feel any better, at least you’re getting drilled by the probable Finals winner and not who they’re going to beat in the ECF.
Again, at 22, he may not be ready to do that…..there is no precedence for a 22 yr old to be the leader of a team. Now it’s possible he may never get there, but your guy butler was lost in the woods for how many years?

As for the Nets, they’ll fold. They ‘defense’ that alberts and hill were raving about has more to do with the Celts not being able to hit open shots. Playing the Celts is doing nothing to prep the nets for the bucks

Last edited:
Again, at 22, he may not be ready to do that…..there is no precedence for a 22 yr old to be the leader of a team. Now it’s possible he may never get there, but your guy butler was lost in the woods for how many years?

I honestly don’t think Jimmy is a #1 either. If he is, he’s lower tier. I think he’d be better suited as a #2. IMO the Heat drafted Herro to be that, but he’s lost in South Beach and inside his girlfriend’s monstrous ass.

As for the Nets, they’ll fold. They ‘defense’ that alberts and hill were raving about has more to do with the Celts not being able to hit open shots. Playing the Celts is doing nothing to prep the nets for the bucks

I just don’t see how you can consistently slow that team down if they’re not playing iso ball. Their ball movement reminds me of the Spurs or the Warriors before KD. Maybe if they were a top-heavy team like the 2010 Heat were, but their depth is actually pretty good. I’m guessing they’ll see a lot of 2-3 zone until they kill teams from the post or build up a big lead. Switch to man and you’re just giving open lanes to Harden and Durant. They’re a nightmare match-up and the worst part is that they probably haven’t even hit their full stride yet since their big 3 missed so much time during the season.

There have been many Celtics teams of the past with less talent. And worse records. But this team is the softest. Most apathetic bunch of under achievers in the history of the Celtics.
Ainge clearly undervalues/disregards the importance of C & PF and the one time he did deploy assets ($$$) to secure a legit NBA big, Max Salary Al, he had Brad position him 23 ft out.
Ainge's roster is clearly built in his own image.......finesse jump shooters
Tatum is a dog. All he cares about Is getting his points. And personnel goals. He couldn't care less about winning or playing defense. As long as his video game ratings are in the 90s he's good.
Sadly, securing a max contract is priority one for every young star on a rookie deal.
Truthfully, should we have expected any different?

Tatum's path to fame and riches had long been mapped out and road tested by many NBA stars before him.
He chose a college all-star team , Duke, that has become the country's lottery pick assembly line.
He highlighted his talents for his obligatory 6 month term
He achieved lottery status.
Next steps.....max contract, brand development, peer validation.
Check, check, check
I'm sure his agent is thrilled with his progress.

Setting all that aside, I have never looked at Tatum as being athletic enough to be a two way force.
Having the ball and knowing where you want your body to go is much different than defending/reacting to other's movements.
Carmelo is the extreme example of a guy who thrives moving forward with the ball but not backwards with out it.....the essence of a gangly build.
I don't blame effort.
Everyone has certain limitations, like it or not.
I see some similarities in Tatum though he has surprised me with more athleticism now than just a few years ago when he looked so stiff.

That being said, Tatum is not the problem, Ainge is.
His vision and his execution have been epic fails.
I certainly understand the goal.....build a team for the long term, not just a brief window.
Unfortunately, his plethora of draft failures and his stubbornness to relinquish assets for short term gains have hamstrung this team and its path moving forward is not promising.

In its current state, the Celtics are essentially the John Wall/Bradley Beal Washington Wizards from a couple years ago. Two finesse stars who can score with ease............... and a roster full of JAGs.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think Jimmy is a #1 either. If he is, he’s lower tier. I think he’d be better suited as a #2. IMO the Heat drafted Herro to be that, but he’s lost in South Beach and inside his girlfriend’s monstrous ass.

Way too early for Herro.......he came with mature skills for a 20 year old ... Tatum 'regressed' his 2nd year ... they both earned notoriety in their rookie years. Tatum's ability to add even a few more pounds on can further him along......not sure if more weight will help Herro

I have 4 guys in recent NBA with faster/steeper curves than tatum ... james, durant, williamson, doncic

james won his first title at 27
durant won his first title at 28

neither won it for the team that drafted them

I just don’t see how you can consistently slow that team down if they’re not playing iso ball. Their ball movement reminds me of the Spurs or the Warriors before KD. Maybe if they were a top-heavy team like the 2010 Heat were, but their depth is actually pretty good. I’m guessing they’ll see a lot of 2-3 zone until they kill teams from the post or build up a big lead. Switch to man and you’re just giving open lanes to Harden and Durant. They’re a nightmare match-up and the worst part is that they probably haven’t even hit their full stride yet since their big 3 missed so much time during the season.

make them play defense.........the nets don't really have to defend against the C's this year......and it's easy to work around the C's defensive liabilities this year....they do not match up well with the Bucks size if the Bucks don't wind up being their own biggest enemy....no Bledsoe helps

Way too early for Herro.......he came with mature skills for a 20 year old ... Tatum 'regressed' his 2nd year ... they both earned notoriety in their rookie years. Tatum's ability to add even a few more pounds on can further him along......not sure if more weight will help Herro

I have 4 guys in recent NBA with faster/steeper curves than tatum ... james, durant, williamson, doncic

james won his first title at 27
durant won his first title at 28

neither won it for the team that drafted them

make them play defense.........the nets don't really have to defend against the C's this year......and it's easy to work around the C's defensive liabilities this year....they do not match up well with the Bucks size if the Bucks don't wind up being their own biggest enemy....no Bledsoe helps
Hope you’re right. I can’t stand the Nets. I’d even root for the Lakers over them. :yuck:

My takeaway: I really wish I could be Herro right now and let the South Beach lifestyle get to my head, too.

Hope you’re right. I can’t stand the Nets. I’d even root for the Lakers over them. :yuck:

the more 'organic' the team, the better....right now to me, the Sixers (Embiid and Simmons), the Bucks (Giannis and Middleton), Jazz (Gobert and Mitchell), Suns (Ayton and Booker), and Nuggets (Jokic and Porter/Murray) are my hopes

I really hope these are the last games left of Marcus smarts career as a celtic.

Meanwhile, Julius Randle - the dude taken Immediately after Smart in the 2014 draft - just earned the league's Most Improved Player award...

#FireDanny

Meanwhile, Julius Randle - the dude taken Immediately after Smart in the 2014 draft - just earned the league's Most Improved Player award...

#FireDanny
Took him 7 years to make any difference at all….you gotta do better than some what have you done for me in the last 5 minutes stuff

There needs to be another Malice at the Palace. The dude that spit on Young is lucky because some of it got on the girl that 50 Cent was with. 50 would kill him.

Took him 7 years to make any difference at all….you gotta do better than some what have you done for me in the last 5 minutes stuff

I'd still take Randle ahead of Smart, especially after Danny passed on Giannis the previous year...Or at the very latest Bobby Portis instead of Scary Terry...This team has needed talented Bigs since the 2008 draft, and it took him until Time Lord 10 years later to grab one.

I'd still take Randle ahead of Smart, especially after Danny passed on Giannis the previous year...Or at the very latest Bobby Portis instead of Scary Terry...This team has needed talented Bigs since the 2008 draft, and it took him until Time Lord 10 years later to grab one.

hindsight…..ain’t it great?

in that case, look at all the idiots who didn’t draft Jokic

BTW, Smart was by far the better player tonight

Last edited:
After listening to Marv Alberts drool the last game, Scal is such an improvement

Last edited:
Tatum is lookin like a real #1 tonite
Didn’t watch it. I’ve been catching up on The Boys. Just watched the episode where they went into the mental hospital and found Lamplighter and all of the test subjects. Good ****. I see Tatum has 50, though. Good stuff.

Didn’t watch it. I’ve been catching up on The Boys. Just watched the episode where they went into the mental hospital and found Lamplighter and all of the test subjects. Good ****. I see Tatum has 50, though. Good stuff.
He played like the alpha me needs to be

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back