PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021

i don't pay much attention to the celtics anymore but it seems to me that Ainge trades for players that are the same talent level as the ones hes trading. So the celtics are forever just running in place.
Ainge wants each and every Celtic to be in his image......a finesse jump shooter

I am happy Ainge didn't sell out at the deadline. Fournier will be good enough to pair with Langford when he returns.

The best part was the Theis salary dump....I loved Theis...great player, but it is time for Timelord, baby! Timelord needs to be out there 30+ minutes a night....yeah, he doesn't switch as well as Theis, doesn't shoot as well, and jumps at EVERY fake....but 2 out of 3 of those things can only be improved on with more experience. His impact on the court is undeniable....

Tristian Thompson better not get too many minutes....

We are stuck with Walker's balky knee....can only hope that it gets better and we see more of the "Charlotte Walker"......

Starting line up tonight: Brown, Tatum, Smart, Williams, and Walker.

Ainge wants each and every Celtic to be in his image......a finesse jump shooter
Ainge ain't Red Aurbach, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Ainge ain't Red Aurbach, for sure.
Nope...It's like he's forgotten everything he ever learned about drafting & team-building, the instant he won his only championship in 2008.

RW3 was awesome tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Fournier fits tomorrow. If we don’t turn it around now it just ain’t happening at all this season.

Nope...It's like he's forgotten everything he ever learned about drafting & team-building, the instant he won his only championship in 2008.

unless you’re patient with your draft picks, the only way to win the championship is to buy it....it takes the nets 4 players to get to the luxury tax

I like the Fournier trade, though it's very likely to be just a rental (I believe he's a UFA at season's end)...Theis was misused here, so I'll cut him some slack; it's just too bad that Danny didn't have the minerals to demand Daniel Gafford from Chicago instead of Luke Kornet...

I like the Fournier trade, though it's very likely to be just a rental (I believe he's a UFA at season's end)...Theis was misused here, so I'll cut him some slack; it's just too bad that Danny didn't have the minerals to demand Daniel Gafford from Chicago instead of Luke Kornet...
I’m going to give Danny the benefit of the doubt and hope that we work out a deal with Fournier. He said as much so I think that is his intention. I’d like to see how he meshes with the other guys on the court first before I start worrying about that though.

I’m curious in what way you think Theis was misused? The Celtics squeezed all of the potential out of him. They helped him become a guy capable of being a starting big on a team that was a game away from the NBA finals last year.

Last edited:
Theis is a natural 4/Power Forward that Danny & Brad tried to force into becoming a 5/Center that played between the top of the key & the 3-point line...They were wrong on Both counts...

Collecting a half dozen middle picks doesn't really translate to the value he thought. Hard to get a quality player and other teams don't really want these picks in a trade either.

Fournier did manage 6 points last night....up from 0

Sadly, the Boston Finesse Jump Shooters managed only 23% from three...........11/47

I can only watch Smart miss so many shots before I have to turn the channel.

I can only watch Smart miss so many shots before I have to turn the channel.

I hear ya, but lately tatums been worse.....what's going on with smart is also going on with the whole team......turned it off 5 min into the 2nd half.

they're slow, they're soft...........they're playing horrible as a team

Collecting a half dozen middle picks doesn't really translate to the value he thought. Hard to get a quality player and other teams don't really want these picks in a trade either.

Doesn't help when our GM overlooks Gary Harris in order to draft James Young, f.e.

I hear ya, but lately tatums been worse.....what's going on with smart is also going on with the whole team......turned it off 5 min into the 2nd half.

I've been waiting for them to figure it out, because there's enough talent there to be a top 3 team in the East.
But lately have been quietly wondering if this combination of players will never make that leap and its just time to blow it up.
I don't like even thinking that way because it is the easy way out, but wow this is an amazing streak of mediocrity.

I've been waiting for them to figure it out, because there's enough talent there to be a top 3 team in the East.
But lately have been quietly wondering if this combination of players will never make that leap and its just time to blow it up.
I don't like even thinking that way because it is the easy way out, but wow this is an amazing streak of mediocrity.
it's just a bad roster I think......there was a lack of length to go along with a lack of speed.......Ojele and GWill are redundant.

We also have those in position to be leaders trying to not be leaders (Walker) Tatum and Brown are just too young to be leaders.

There was not a deal to be made that would have changed the C's much this year. I like Walker, but I think we'd be a better team with Rozier

any I think that is the main issue...they are not playing as a team. A lot of individuals on the floor and other than the occasional lob pass, everything else is iso or one man basketball. That is not going to cut it. Tatum is frustrating as well and certainly thinks he is Kobe.

I have enjoyed watching Kornet and Pritchard.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back