PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021

Tatum has some really bad habits. Inefficient jump shooting ball-hog at times like Melo or bad-Kobe.

Celtics announcer Mike Gorman on 98.5 this morning...

To paraphrase him:
The hero ball/no pass mindset of late by Tatum and Brown likely has something to do with boosting personal stats in order to secure an All Star game roster spot as well as triggering the significant contract bonuses that would be earned if they make the All Star roster.
He also generalized that most NBA players value the peer validation achieved by being named to an All Star roster over playing in an NBA finals.

Local sports talk now has a month's worth of new content in addition to the team/Brad/and Ainge all sucking

Last edited:
Celtics announcer Mike Gorman on 98.5 this morning...

To paraphrase him:
The hero ball/no pass mindset of late by Tatum and Brown likely has something to do with boosting personal stats in order to secure an All Star game roster spot as well as triggering the significant contract bonuses that would be earned if they make the All Star roster.
He also generalized that most NBA players value the peer validation achieved by being named to an All Star roster over playing in an NBA finals.

Local sports talk now has a month's worth of new content in addition to the team/Brad/and Ainge all sucking

I tend to agree Tatum and Brown are black holes but there is no one else they have confidence delivering.

Kemba is hurt. Hes a liability.

Smart out doesn't help but they listen to him.

I've been a big Brad Stevens supporter but it's clear as day they aren't listening to him.

Danny did great nailing Tatum, Brown, Smart in the rebuild but not much else to show. Trader Danny is now Danny Do-Nothing.

Maybe getting someone under Gordo's exception might shake things up but I don't think it will.

Not sure what fixing can be done in the middle of the year but this **** absolutely needs to be addressed in the off-season.

Last edited:
This team is a mess. Kemba (who as a UConn guy I love) can’t even play back to back games with his knee so even if they wanted to unload him I don’t think they can with that contract. I didn’t want them to trade Tatum or Brown but at this point I think they may have to unless they’re packing it in for the year. I think Tatum is the better player but he just doesn’t seem to have that killer alpha dog personality. Basically he’s a Duke player. Brown seems to be a little more of a team leader but he has his pissy moments too with his “no comment” reaction to questions about him not passing the ball. Maybe Ainge goes big at the deadline but history says he won’t.

Current snapshot
Record 15-17....tied for 8th in East but tie breaker has C's missing playoffs

Draft picks not dealt immediately since 2014 Brooklyn trade...
13 1st rounders (8 still on roster)
11 2nd rounders (3 still on roster....Ojeleye, Waters, Edwards)

Roster...
17 players
11 C's draft picks.... Smart, Brown, Ojeleye, Tatum, R Williams, Waters, Edwards, G Williams, Langford, Pritchard, Nesmith
3 Undrafted free agents... Fall, Green, Theis
3 drafted free agents... Teague, Thompson, Walker

Drafted players remaining from.....
2014 draft....Smart
2015 draft....0
2016 draft....Brown
2017 draft.....Ojeleye, Tatum
2018 draft.....R Williams
2019 drafts....Langford, G Williams, Edwards, Waters
2020 draft......Nesmith, Pritchard

Going forward...
The era of surplus draft picks is over
The owner says the trade exception money will likely not be spent until this offseason
The owner says he is comfortable allowing the team's young players to develop
The owner says both Ainge and Stevens are very secure in their jobs

In other words, from top to bottom, this is your team going forward with one likely addition arriving this summer

In other words, from top to bottom, this is your team going forward with one likely addition arriving this summer
This is the feeling I am getting as well. I can't see Ainge pulling the trigger on a major trade with Brown or Tatum with the ink barely even dry on their new contracts. Outside of those two there is no one on the roster that would bring back a significant enough return to really get this team going so I think we are what we are until the offseason. I think they should start to think about tanking. Being in the middle in the NBA is even worse than it is in the NFL.

This is the feeling I am getting as well. I can't see Ainge pulling the trigger on a major trade with Brown or Tatum with the ink barely even dry on their new contracts. Outside of those two there is no one on the roster that would bring back a significant enough return to really get this team going so I think we are what we are until the offseason. I think they should start to think about tanking. Being in the middle in the NBA is even worse than it is in the NFL.
Danny's mid 1st round picks

Young....17
Rozier....16
Yabusele......16
Langford......14
Nesmith......14

3 shooting guards
1 point guard
1 fat ass

Wyc is not a happy man right now.

Current snapshot

Roster...
17 players
11 C's draft picks.... Smart, Brown, Ojeleye, Tatum, R Williams, Waters, Edwards, G Williams, Langford, Pritchard, Nesmith

2014 draft....Smart
2015 draft....0
2016 draft....Brown

Going forward...
The owner says the trade exception money will likely not be spent until this offseason

with all the maneuvering and trading picks this is what we ended up with? i envisioned a much better team than what we have right now.

I tend to agree Tatum and Brown are black holes but there is no one else they have confidence delivering.

Kemba is hurt. Hes a liability.

Smart out doesn't help but they listen to him.

I've been a big Brad Stevens supporter but it's clear as day they aren't listening to him.

Danny did great nailing Tatum, Brown, Smart in the rebuild but not much else to show. Trader Danny is now Danny Do-Nothing.

Maybe getting someone under Gordo's exception might shake things up but I don't think it will.

Not sure what fixing can be done in the middle of the year but this **** absolutely needs to be addressed in the off-season.

there's no point in using the exception for this season.......it will not fix enough of the depth issue....well, maybe with the exception of someone like Harrison Barnes because they do need someone to call out the rest of the roster besides Thompson as a bunch of ****ies. You need to be a consistent >40% 3pt shooter to be allowed to be a **** out there. Look what happened to Miami with Robinson and Herro's shooting dropping off

there are simply too many players who have not played enough minutes in the league, and making nesmith the first guy off the bench is not going to cure that this season.

everyone besides Brown, Tatum, Smart, and Timelord, I would not hesitate to move. Too many teams are going away from the proto 1 and that's making Walker a problem. They were a better team with Smart at the point.

Brown and Tatum are good, but they're horrible leaders on the court

with all the maneuvering and trading picks this is what we ended up with? i envisioned a much better team than what we have right now.

Hayward and Irving turned into disasters.........I will not criticize the moves because they were sound at the time

If Horford were still here, they would have made it to the finals last year and they'd be 2-3 seed right now.....

Tatum has some really bad habits. Inefficient jump shooting ball-hog at times like Melo or bad-Kobe.

being 'the guy' at 22 is tough.......he will still improve

look at who you're talking as 'the guys' and their ages in the rest of the final 4 last year (Lebron, Butler, Tatum, Jokic (and Jokic was an aberration cuz they had no business beating the clips and Leonard)

They need to stay committed to brown and tatum) .... what I would like to see if anything is to see them clean out their basement to OKC for Horford and George Hill......put some experience in both the starting lineup and the bench.....it's doable

being 'the guy' at 22 is tough.......he will still improve

look at who you're talking as 'the guys' and their ages in the rest of the final 4 last year (Lebron, Butler, Tatum, Jokic (and Jokic was an aberration cuz they had no business beating the clips and Leonard)

They need to stay committed to brown and tatum) .... what I would like to see if anything is to see them clean out their basement to OKC for Horford and George Hill......put some experience in both the starting lineup and the bench.....it's doable

all fair points. I will say I’m starting to wonder if Brad Stevens is an above avg coach but not elite

all fair points. I will say I’m starting to wonder if Brad Stevens is an above avg coach but not elite

I think he’s a good coach but I’m getting annoyed by his rotations .... against the mavs, I would have given Fall some minutes against Marjanovic.....otherwise, what is even the point of having him?

Smart’s value to this team is really starting to show....they have no backbone without him

Hayward and Irving turned into disasters.........I will not criticize the moves because they were sound at the time

If Horford were still here, they would have made it to the finals last year and they'd be 2-3 seed right now.....
Hated seeing Hayward going. Also complete hindsight but Rozier would have been better than Kemba.

i will agree with that as i loved the Hayward signing. I thought he was our #3 and could provide that shooting we needed. Just a rash of bad breaks did him in

Current snapshot

Roster...
17 players

2014 draft....Smart
2015 draft....0
2016 draft....Brown

Going forward...

Danny should've been fired for that 2019 draft...and the 2016 draft before that one...Absolutely feckin Disgraceful.

Danny's mid 1st round picks

Young....17
Rozier....16
Yabusele......16
Langford......14
Nesmith......14

3 shooting guards
1 point guard
1 fat ass
#FireDanny

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes