PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021-22

i watched the first half against the Nets last night. Brooklyn is missing virtually all their talent, but the Celtics were knocking down shots and playing good D. Love Pritchard off the bench. He is a sniper but not lock down on D. I'm good with that because we need someone off the bench that can shoot and he is the guy

This is a legit team. Now they just need some luck (and to not lose to the worst teams in the league like Detroit or Indy), although they certainly got it today with Tatum shooting 8-15 from 3. All season, it's been a 5-15 day (or worse).

The Brad wasn't able to acquire any fuc-king help in the post-deadline buy-out market? Frauds.

the last game against Brooklyn was the best I have seen Tatum play to date. He looked quick and aggressive.

the last game against Brooklyn was the best I have seen Tatum play to date. He looked quick and aggressive.
Chad Finn is pretty high on him in his latest blog.

Sample:
Tommy Heinsohn once said, correctly even though he got some grief for it, that Paul Pierce had more different ways of scoring of any player in Celtics history. I so wish we could hear what Tommy would say about Tatum right now. Tatum is bigger, quicker, and darned near as crafty as Pierce. He has a chance to be the best pure scorer in Celtics history.

His ability to get a bucket is nothing new, of course. This is a player who dropped 50 points on the Nets in Game 3 of a playoff series last spring, a player who has a 60-point regular-season game to his credit. What is new is that he’s getting those buckets while also emerging as a willing and creative passer. And the Celtics are exponentially better because of it.

Is anyone else sick of Brian Scalabrine? Surly, they can find somebody better for play by play. :yuck:

Last edited:
So I guess these guys are pretty good, eh?
Still need a 3rd scorer but JayT has been so dominant it hasn't mattered.

Last 25 games hes 30/8/5

No, they're not.
This is just weak, captain. Even as the biggest pessimist you have to give them credit for what they’ve done.

From being a play in team midway through the season to possibly the #2 seed? The best defense in the league? Blowing out good opponents.

I understand you are low on the Celtics but it just looks like a “shtick” to not acknowledge that they are a good team at this stage.

No, they're not.
Yes they are. It's time to admit. That maybe you were wrong. Just like me. They are much better than they were the last year and a half. Will that translate to a title? I have my doubts. I want to see what happens in close games, 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. I think they will choke when it matters the most. But to say they aren't better the way they have been playing Is ridiculous.

This is just weak, captain. Even as the biggest pessimist you have to give them credit for what they’ve done.

From being a play in team midway through the season to possibly the #2 seed? The best defense in the league? Blowing out good opponents.

I understand you are low on the Celtics but it just looks like a “shtick” to not acknowledge that they are a good team at this stage.

Yeah they're good as long as their 3-pointers fall and the other guys' don't...

But we All know that's Not gonna happen in the POs...

And yet The Brad, same as Sweeney, chose to Completely Ignore his team's Most Glaring Need at the trade deadline: in his case, Bigs who can rebound All of his Charmin-soft jump-shooters' misses while they're standing 25 feet away admiring their handiwork...

Sorry not sorry, but I ain't buying what they're selling; I've already and multiple times seen this act.

And yet The Brad, same as Sweeney, chose to Completely Ignore his team's Most Glaring Need at the trade deadline: in his case, Bigs who can rebound All of his Charmin-soft jump-shooters' misses while they're standing 25 feet away admiring their handiwork...

Sorry not sorry, but I ain't buying what they're selling; I've already and multiple times seen this act.
I swear you must not have watched a single game in months. There’s no way you’ve watched and genuinely believe this.

Not saying they’ll win a title but they are at the very least “good” which apparently they aren’t according to you. Lmao

The scoring differential from the 3 point line is dependent on the Celtic's shooting skill and perimeter defense. The Celts have been winning because their perimeter defense limits their opponent's 3 point scoring, even below the Celts offensive output. Defense usually can last.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back