PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021-22

Great winning spin move by Tatum. Big Al picked up the rebounding slack with 15 rebounds and added 20 points which offset the impact of Kyrie's 39 points.

That was nuts, they won after playing like crap. Too many TOs and missed FTs. Hopefully they will play much better going forward. And thank god smart didn't force up a shot in that last possession.
Nets had 16 turnovers to Celtics 14 and both teams were 19-24 at the free throw line. Nets shot better, 42 for 78 as compared to 42-89 for the Celtics..

Nets had 16 turnovers to Celtics 14 and both teams were 19-24 at the free throw line. Nets shot better, 42 for 78 as compared to 42-89 for the Celtics..
They have to play better. Or they won't win the series. They were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Thankfully, I didn't watch the game - just followed the score. Can't deal with this stress. Even though I knew they were going to win while watching parts of it back, when Smart looked like he was abt to take the last shot, I went, "NOOOOOOOO."

Celts destroyed them on the boards - 43 to 29 (14 to 5 OREB). The fact that the Nets shot 46% from 3 and still lost tells me the Celts have a great shot. I think Kyrie's got maybe another good game left like that in the series. Smart's going back home to self flagellate a la Da Vinci code for every point he gave up to Minogue.

But yes, Celts def miss Time Lord.

Kyrie will not go for 39 every night. Durant could play better though. The Nets will have 2 stinkers in a 7 game series so let's take a commanding lead by winning Game 2.

Last edited:
That was nuts, they won after playing like crap. Too many TOs and missed FTs. Hopefully they will play much better going forward. they have to. And thank god smart didn't force up a shot in that last possession.
I think they had a lot of jitters and were overly excited. But a win like that should calm them down a bit for game two.

Thankfully, I didn't watch the game - just followed the score. Can't deal with this stress. Even though I knew they were going to win while watching parts of it back, when Smart looked like he was abt to take the last shot, I went, "NOOOOOOOO."

Celts destroyed them on the boards - 43 to 29 (14 to 5 OREB). The fact that the Nets shot 46% from 3 and still lost tells me the Celts have a great shot. I think Kyrie's got maybe another good game left like that in the series. Smart's going back home to self flagellate a la Da Vinci code for every point he gave up to Minogue.

But yes, Celts def miss Time Lord.
I couldn't watch it...i would tune in and they were up by like 15 and then they were down 2. I had to turn it off only to watch the last minute and it was spectacular. Brown bleeding everywhere, Celtics stifling defense during the Nets last possession, Horford rebound, passing it all around and just when you thought Smart was going to heave up a poor shot, made a nice pass and eventual got to Tatum on a great spin and lay up. This is going to be a hell of a series

I couldn't watch it...i would tune in and they were up by like 15 and then they were down 2. I had to turn it off only to watch the last minute and it was spectacular. Brown bleeding everywhere, Celtics stifling defense during the Nets last possession, Horford rebound, passing it all around and just when you thought Smart was going to heave up a poor shot, made a nice pass and eventual got to Tatum on a great spin and lay up. This is going to be a hell of a series
Wouldn’t have been poor shot selection by Smart. I gasped when he passed it up because I thought we’d run out of time. Brilliant play of course.

I actually watched the last six minutes with the sound on, good times.

Hi Kyrie!!!

middle-finger-laugh.gif

Wow, you love to see it. Great comeback by the Celtics without a sterling offensive performance from Tatum. Grant Williams and Pritchard both came up huge and I honestly doubted whether they had it in them in such a big game. Big time confidence booster!

Also **** Kyrie.

Game 2 was a microcosm of the entire season. They played awful in the first half. There was no ball movement and lots of over dribbling. The second half. They were moving the ball around. And hitting the open man.

Last edited:
Wow, you love to see it. Great comeback by the Celtics without a sterling offensive performance from Tatum. Grant Williams and Pritchard both came up huge and I honestly doubted whether they had it in them in such a big game. Big time confidence booster!

Also **** Kyrie.
Missed the game.
Did Pritchard get extra minutes because he was hot, or was it more because Derrick White is a horrible JAG who belongs in the G League?

On another note, Grant Williams has certainly proved me wrong. The man has become invaluable

Missed the game.
Did Pritchard get extra minutes because he was hot, or was it more because Derrick White is a horrible JAG who belongs in the G League?

On another note, Grant Williams has certainly proved me wrong. The man has become invaluable
White was in foul trouble early, definitely had a rough game even when he was out there. Ime decided to close with PP instead.

Epic first two games so far. In general the first round has been one of the most competitive in probably 20+ years.

Epic first two games so far. In general the first round has been one of the most competitive in probably 20+ years.
do you mean the celtics series? or in general?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back