PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ceasars: "Patriots roster outside of cornerback 'one of the worst in the NFL'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roster outside of secondary.

Don’t think that’s fair. Safety is good, linebacker is at least OK with Hightower still on the team and Bentley being possibly good. DL has a couple good players and a lot of unknowns. The OL is good - Wynn Thuney Andrews Mason Cannon is a really solid OL. Michel/Burkhead/White is at least average. The receivers and tight ends and quarterbacks could be better, sure.

Overall there are absolutely worse rosters. The draft hasn’t even happened yet. Dumb statement.

We will see how Bills philosophy of building a team vs league philosophy of collecting talent, plays out. I’d take the over on 8.5.

Worst offense in the NFL.

Aside from Scars' OLine draft picks, absolutely terrible drafting of offensive skills players at RB WR and TE by McDaniels

It’s April.

Last year in the final 8 games plus the playoff game the patriots were a bottom 10 offense in the league. Plug a quarterback with no experience into said offense. We'll have another bottom 10 offense. Last year over the final 8 games the defense was not good when it mattered - let Miami and Tennessee move the ball at the worst possible times. Subtract from that defense Van Noy, Harmon, and others I can't remember. Also, the fanboys want to forget the fact that once opposing offenses stopped throwing the ball to the Patriots and ****ing up on special teams, the Patriots defense was average at best.
Yes, this roster is not good. This roster is a bottom 25% of the NFL roster. And I'm going to predict that Gilmore has a poor season, similar to Devin McCourty's poor season at corner the preceded his switch the safety...

It’s the seasonal downbeat. Every year, in the Spring, the Pats are terrible and going to get swamped. All the familiar players we’ve come to trust are gone or retired or traded, and the pundits presume that BB will be unable to find anyone that can play football for him. Sometimes it’s true. Usually it’s not.

If I remember correctly, Caesar was assassinated, in part, for hubris.

He was assassinated because Roman senators had feared that his consolidation of power was becoming too much of a dictatorship and they felt it a threat to the Roman republic.

Kinda like what's happening today.

Except we have senators with no balls.

I don’t know why the OL continues to be incorrectly evaluated. The OL towards the end of the season was one of the best pass protecting units & Michel’s ypc went from 3.2 to 4.5+.

Mason was injured. When he got healthy the line improved significantly.

Thuney & Mason are elite guards. Andrews is a high end center. Wynn improved as the season went on. RT is a concern.

OL & secondary is the strength of the team.

Don’t think that’s fair. Safety is good, linebacker is at least OK with Hightower still on the team and Bentley being possibly good. DL has a couple good players and a lot of unknowns. The OL is good - Wynn Thuney Andrews Mason Cannon is a really solid OL. Michel/Burkhead/White is at least average. The receivers and tight ends and quarterbacks could be better, sure.

Overall there are absolutely worse rosters. The draft hasn’t even happened yet. Dumb statement.
Good BB bulletin board material

Did we lose the April Super Bowl again?

My ratings (in comparison to all other 31 NFL teams):

Secondary: A+, maybe top 3.

Linebackers: C-, but it is April.

Defensive line: C, but it is April.

Offensive line: A-, depending on whether last year was a fluke or not.

TE: F

RB/FB: B+, we have great depth here.

WR: B-, I think Edelman/Sanu were more injured last year than we think and expect Meyers/Harry to take a step forward.

QB: Unknown....but I feel good about StUdham!

ST Coverage Units: A+ even with losing Ebner.

ST Return Units: B+, I think Olszewski should be the guy.

K: It's April.

P: A+

LS: A+

And I'm going to predict that Gilmore has a poor season, similar to Devin McCourty's poor season at corner the preceded his switch the safety...
I think that’s a stretch on Gilmore. The dude was lights out all year long except the last week of the season. The team just wasn’t very good anyway and couldn’t score more than 14 points until the Brady INT for a TD against TEN.

Speaking of McCourty, that switch to S saved his career as he sucked at CB.

Last edited:
My ratings (in comparison to all other 31 NFL teams):
I’ll play:

Secondary: A. Top unit in the NFL.

Linebackers: C-. Winovich has potential.

Defensive line: D. No space eating NT. DE’s are weak.

Offensive line: B-. I’m not sold on Wynn yet. Andrews thinks he’s on track to return. Line struggled without TE’s and a FB.

TE: F.

RB/FB: C. Michel is looking like a JAG. His game reminds me of BJGE. White is White. Burkhead has 9 lives.

WR: D-. the unit I hate the most. Edelman prevents this from getting an F. This unit graded out as the worst at getting separation.

QB: incomplete.

ST Coverage Units: A. Slater. Enough said.

ST Return Units: F.

K: Incomplete.

P: A

LS: A.

Last edited:
He was assassinated because Roman senators had feared that his consolidation of power was becoming too much of a dictatorship and they felt it a threat to the Roman republic.

Kinda like what's happening today.

Except we have senators with no balls.

Kamala Harris and Liz Warren?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back