PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS: NFL Draft Props for Patriots First Pick

QB. You don’t win in the NFL if you don’t have a QB. That’s the single caller, the one that has the ball in his hands 90-95 percent of the time. It is mind boggling that people that are football experts in the fans ‘ media that know more than me, are knowledgeable with football plays, can break down films etc are downplaying the Patriots getting a quarterback. They should trade down. Smh.

You don’t go year to year in the most important position in football. It is the Patriots number one need and must be filled. Without a QB, the Patriots are going to hover in the land of mediocrity, either missing the playoffs or making the playoffs and losing in the first round

I take it you don't think Cam can bounce back? Apparently he had a toe injury per Tom House and it was hard to properly plant and throw last year.

Rumor is belichick bet $1,000,000 on kicker/punter/long snapper and will retire with $50,000,000,000.00.
Is that considered insider trading? Genuinely curious as a total non-gambler, because I would assume so, but don't know for sure.

Here's a thread for some uncensored discussion, as some threads are infested with homers who lose their minds over criticism of several years of Patriot Draft Failures.

Props are Offense -200, Defense +165.

Odds on exact position of Patriots' first pick

Quarterback +170
Linebacker +280
Wide receiver +350
Cornerback +550
Offensive lineman +1200
Defensive lineman +1800
Safety +2000
Running back +5000
Tight end +6000
Kick/punter/long snapper +50000
Kick/punter/long snapper +50000

So you're saying there's a chance!

I take it you don't think Cam can bounce back? Apparently he had a toe injury per Tom House and it was hard to properly plant and throw last year.
Not giving him the benefit of the doubt on that until he proves it on the field.

Is that considered insider trading? Genuinely curious as a total non-gambler, because I would assume so, but don't know for sure.
Insider trading does not relate to gambling. But I suppose you could make a case for fraud, although I’m not sure that there is any recourse when they take the bet, without qualification.

I say CB and it will be either Surtain or Horn. Both studs.

Oh we’ve moved on from the COVID fog excuse for the guy who was asymptotic?
Whats next, he was depressed because his dog peed on his favorite hat?

Last edited:
I say CB and it will be either Surtain or Horn. Both studs.

I'm all aboard for defense with the 1st round pick. Linebacker or Horn. There's a decent chance 3 or 4 of the 5 QBs end up being busts.

Yup!!! But if BB slipped out word to a distant relative or friend...and had the person pay the tax on it...then give BB a briefcase full of cash....no one would be the wiser...

Yes a good but hard decision if Horn, Devonta, Collins are all there at 15, not to mention one of the QBs...
If it's the first three, honestly, I'd take Smith.

I just think he's going to be a long-time great WR. And I'm usually a guy who shies from shiny picks and goes with the big OL/DL. Smith is different.

If it's the first three, honestly, I'd take Smith.

I just think he's going to be a long-time great WR. And I'm usually a guy who shies from shiny picks and goes with the big OL/DL. Smith is different.

I hear you. Yeah Devonta is a diamond, he's the only offensive player I'd think hard about if there at 15. There's data showing he's got the best hands and also best medium route running, he crushed SEC dbacks as the #1 option, he waa dependable unlike his teammate Waddle, I think he's going to be a HOFer if he plays with a good QB

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back