PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio to stay? . interview request by HOU rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I keep leaning towards Caserio not wanting the Texans job but preferring to let the team reject it.

That Houston job just feels shaky. Smith is probably gone but he's not totally gone and if you get linked in ownership's mind with BOB and they decide they need to clean house...

I dunno, Caserio and McDaniels and Patricia and Flores are in a great situation and I have no doubt they want to leave but I think they have the luxury of being able to wait to leave for the right situation. Patricia has probably found that in Detroit, sadly, but I'll enjoy rooting for him there.

It doesn’t mean he cannot receive a job offer it means that Houston would have to compensate us if he left us for them.

So the Patriots could have blocked Caserio in previous years from interviewing during the season and made him wait until the off-season, but they didn't.

This year, they are making him wait. It's different, and not just because of the rule change.

maybe they plan to name caserio the official GM of the patriots...? so no need for him to interview for another GM position.

belichick has said he doesn't want to coach into his 70s. so that's five more years. if he wants to leave the patriots in good shape, it makes sense to transition his responsibilities in steps, rather than all at once when he retires. so let caserio be GM for five years before BB retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes