PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carolina vs Boston in the second round

Not a big hockey fan, but cheer on the Bruins and am always checking to see how they are doing. Also live an hour from where the Canes play and everyone around here loves the Canes. But I am going to cheer for the B's and wish them luck, I will be watching the games and lets hope they can pull it out!

Boston in 5 , I think that Carolina will take game one because of momentum But the Bruins will wake up and dominate.

Momentum vs. a well rested team...I'll take the well rested team in the first game. Maybe sneak one by them in Carolina but won't win game one.

Bruins will whitewash Carolina 4-0.......

Book it!

not much rust so far. i like it.

What stinks is they don't have a superstar on the team that will grab headlines and score a hundred goals for them...

What is great is they don't have that one player that the opposing team focuses on to stop the puck and thus stop the scoring- any one of their wingers and centers and defensemen can score at any time on the team.

I'll take the spread offense over the concentrated power scorer!

Game 1 is in th books- 4-1 win for Boston.

Very good game played by the B's considering the long layoff. Can't wait till game 2!

game 2 sucked big time:mad:.

Last edited:
The B's had a million scoring chances but couldn't find the back of the net. You have to give credit to Cam Ward, he played one hell of a game but the goals Carolina scored should have never happened. Stop turning the puck over. The B's looked rusty in game 2 and hopefully they get back at it in Carolina for game 3.

Can't blame the refs. The first, third goal was a goal to my eyes.

Creepily enough, every time I squinted Cam Ward started looking just like Patrick Roy.

Can't blame the refs. The first, third goal was a goal to my eyes.

Creepily enough, every time I squinted Cam Ward started looking just like Patrick Roy.

Blame the defense...Carolina had guys swarming them even while shorthanded leading to one of those goals. Thomas can't react as well when he has two guys in his sight all night.

I'd love for them to control the puck better, seemed very sloppy- something I don't think I've seen in a while with the Bruins.

Another loss last time.... they looked better than game 2 but now they're in a hole.

I had a bad vibe that a team who won a miracle game 7 then had no business winning was going to end up being an annoying pain in the balls of an opponent.

The Bruins almost got outshot last night two to one; you're not going to win too many games if you don't put the puck on the net. They had two golden chances in OT to pull this one out. They were sloppy with the puck again last night in their own end, that first goal by Staal (what does this effin guy do, play 59 minutes a game) was a gift and the second was a rebound gift with noone covering the guy.

And as is form with any Boston team, one of their former players comes back to haunt them.........................

Bruins are not looking good right now. Stupid penalties, and ZERO offense, are not a good mix.

i been pulling for the canes for a buddy of mine , and they are looking like a team of destinty but.....

ya gotta feel bad for tim thomas

he keeps the bruins in the game and their incompetence gives him no support

and he just can't be perfect when everyone around him is choking and bringing him down....

Goodnight Bruins; 116 points, #1 seed and they are going down in flames to the 6th seed Whalers. Aside from the first game (and really the third period), they've been totally outplayed by the Whalers.

I guess the secret to winning in the playoffs is to end up as the 6 seed, win a miracle game 7 in the first round and then go up against a team that takes you lightly.

Too bad.

And the Celtics got blown out tonight too..................

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back