PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
As time passes, I think NE goes forward with Thuney on a year-year basis. He wants to be compensated and might be asking for more than BB feels is within his budget.

While I can’t say I’d be surprised by either a trade or an extension, I would bet the Tag is going to stick for 2020.

As time passes, I think NE goes forward with Thuney on a year-year basis. He wants to be compensated and might be asking for more than BB feels is within his budget.

While I can’t say I’d be surprised by either a trade or an extension, I would bet the Tag is going to stick for 2020.

I have no idea what they're going to do but hope they can figure out a way to keep him.

Another Amendola special. Accepting a pay cut in exchange for some guarantees to not end up empty handed after camp. A lot to like about Burkhead at that cap number.
This could free up for Njoku?
Just saying

I wish we could see players in action before extending Thuney. It might be beneficial to let Thuney play under the FT this year and trade him in the off-season *if* we have a viable guy to step in at LG.

This could free up for Njoku?
Just saying
David Njoku would count $3m against the cap this year, and $6 mil next year, if they obtained him. Seems unlikely.

More likely, this starts freeing up some of the $3M or more you will need for in-season injury replacement signings.

David Njoku would count $3m against the cap this year, and $6 mil next year, if they obtained him. Seems unlikely.

More likely, this starts freeing up some of the $3M or more you will need for in-season injury replacement signings.

He'd count 1.7m against the cap. The signing bonus proration stays with the Browns.

He'd count for 1.7 m, but he would displace someone from the Top-51, at the moment Cassh Maluia at 650 k. So they could fit Njoku in for only 1.05 m if they wanted him.

Not true, 1.7 mill against the cap, and according to Miguel, we can trade for him and it knocks the #51 highest salary off the cap. I asked Miguel earlier in the day as far as adding Njoku in a trade.

But he is a cap hit of 6 mill for 2021, but the Pats can afford that IF the trade ever happened, lots of cap space in 2021 for the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down