Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Raiders
Pick Results: LAS: 3.4% at NE: 96.6%
Sun
Sep 27th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

captain stone

Pro Bowl Player
IMO they are both going to be traded next year anyway.
I need a Surprised emoji for that one...Doubtful that either will be traded...Hightower was terrific last year, and if it weren't for his opt-out would've continued where he left off this year...really hope he returns for 2021...Cannon on the other hand has practically zero trade value at his current salary, and is much likelier to retire than move to another team (unless perhaps it's in his native Texas)...his status should be made clearer in about 7 months at the start of the 2021 league year...

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I need a Surprised emoji for that one...Doubtful that either will be traded...Hightower was terrific last year, and if it weren't for his opt-out would've continued where he left off this year...really hope he returns for 2021...Cannon on the other hand has practically zero trade value at his current salary, and is much likelier to retire than move to another team (unless perhaps it's in his native Texas)...his status should be made clearer in about 7 months at the start of the 2021 league year...

I just think that this is a rebuild year and so will next year. Cannon had a bad year last year, but he has been well worth his salary in the past. I have no idea why you think he will want to retire at 33 next year. of course my opinion is based on my assumption that the RT and LB don't play like crap.

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I just think that this is a rebuild year and so will next year. Cannon had a bad year last year, but he has been well worth his salary in the past. I have no idea why you think he will want to retire at 33 next year. of course my opinion is based on my assumption that the RT and LB don't play like crap.
It has been reported that Cannon was close to retiring this offseason. Now he also put his local house on the market.

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
It has been reported that Cannon was close to retiring this offseason. Now he also put his local house on the market.
6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other. doesn't matter much whether he gets traded or retires. He just would have brought a day 3 pick