PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Froholdt can replace Thuney in 2021 the cap space number jumps from $39m to $53M. If the cap shrinks as reported, BB is going to go bargain shopping with a much wider selection of groceries :cool:
Frodo replacing Thuney would be disastrous.

IMO they are both going to be traded next year anyway.
I need a Surprised emoji for that one...Doubtful that either will be traded...Hightower was terrific last year, and if it weren't for his opt-out would've continued where he left off this year...really hope he returns for 2021...Cannon on the other hand has practically zero trade value at his current salary, and is much likelier to retire than move to another team (unless perhaps it's in his native Texas)...his status should be made clearer in about 7 months at the start of the 2021 league year...

I need a Surprised emoji for that one...Doubtful that either will be traded...Hightower was terrific last year, and if it weren't for his opt-out would've continued where he left off this year...really hope he returns for 2021...Cannon on the other hand has practically zero trade value at his current salary, and is much likelier to retire than move to another team (unless perhaps it's in his native Texas)...his status should be made clearer in about 7 months at the start of the 2021 league year...

I just think that this is a rebuild year and so will next year. Cannon had a bad year last year, but he has been well worth his salary in the past. I have no idea why you think he will want to retire at 33 next year. of course my opinion is based on my assumption that the RT and LB don't play like crap.

I just think that this is a rebuild year and so will next year. Cannon had a bad year last year, but he has been well worth his salary in the past. I have no idea why you think he will want to retire at 33 next year. of course my opinion is based on my assumption that the RT and LB don't play like crap.

It has been reported that Cannon was close to retiring this offseason. Now he also put his local house on the market.

God, I hope so. Love the kid. And it would be awesome to have him and Gilmore for 2-3 more years.
May/could be the best tandem they have ever had

It has been reported that Cannon was close to retiring this offseason. Now he also put his local house on the market.

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other. doesn't matter much whether he gets traded or retires. He just would have brought a day 3 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down