PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't buy a "custom" Pats Malcolm Butler jersey

There is a site from China where you can still purchase Butler jerseys. PM me if you would like the link. I don't buy merchandise from the NYFL any longer.
It would be nice if there were a site in China where the Pats could pick up a couple of defensive players.

Wah wah wahhhhh...

This is so bizarre!
Here's a bunch of others you are not allowed to order:
  • 4 Vinatieri
  • 11 Bledsoe
  • 24 Law
  • 33 Faulk
  • 37 Harrison
  • 50 Vrabel
  • 52 Johnson
  • 54 Bruschi
  • 73 Hannah
  • 80 Brown
  • 81 Francis
  • 81 Moss
  • 81 Hernandez (not surprising)
Some that are OK:
  • 32 Smith
  • 50 Ninkovich
  • 51 Mayo
  • 72 Light
  • 83 Branch
  • 84 Branch
  • 86 Patten
  • 87 Givens
What. The. Effin. Hell????
A rep from the Pro Shop once explained it to me - twice - and it's about certain retired players and licensing rights with the NFL.

Malcolm and Adam aren't retired, so WTF.

I don't really understand it.

But I do have my 81 Francis road jersey so eat it, NYFL.

The NFL does everything possible to screw over retired players [see Ronnie Lippett] so I'm not surprised.

All I can think of (other than Hernandez) is that there's some licensing issues and some former players have demanded too much money from the NFL for the rights to sell their number/name combo and so the NFL doesn't have those rights and can't sell the jersey.
too much money=more than cheapskate NFL is willing to pay

I was thinking the other day about that Right Guard for the 49ers, Eric Kush. He's got a chance to make some money in Canada with his jersey, especially if you put his position on it. OG Kush.

I just ordered Gilmore, Ghost, Gordon, and PlayStation jerseys from our "cheap" friends. Suck an egg, Omissioner*!

it would make sense if butler and the other ex-pats that you can't order custom jerseys is that if they are still selling them officially (so player still gets a cut)

although when the jerseys went from reebok -> nike, there was a clearance sale on custom jerseys and i ordered 12 brady, 87 gronkowski. so who knows

Have you tried “Benching Butler was a massive error that likely cost the Patriots Super Bowl 52?” If not, try that one.

I heard a rumor that "Blue Cat" jerseys with the number "00" have been selling well.

Have you tried “Benching Butler was a massive error that likely cost the Patriots Super Bowl 52?” If not, try that one.
Or perhaps, "IN BB WE TRUST."

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back