PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cancer part II (Go Fund Me Added)

This is great news Sammy especially when most news these days are sickening.

I had the port for Chemotherapy removed! One more hurdle: kidney stone surgery.

I guess they tried the Ultrasonics to break them down and it didn't work??

I’m glad to hear this my freind. I’ve known many who had the port, almost none lived

I was referring to 11 people, mostly family members. Out of those eleven, nine died. The port is not good. Maybe it depends on what kind of cancer it is, not sure. I do know this one type that no one I know of lived. It’s called non Hodgkin lymphoma

I was referring to 11 people, mostly family members. Out of those eleven, nine died. The port is not good. Maybe it depends on what kind of cancer it is, not sure. I do know this one type that no one I know of lived. It’s called non Hodgkin lymphoma
I thought the port was simply a way to deliver the medicine in the easiest and most effective manner possible? Doesn’t everyone who has cancer and is receiving chemotherapy need to have a port installed in the beginning of their treatment to help to save time and administer all of the various medications/contrast fluid for testing? Or am I incorrect?

My brother in law’s wife had NHL (and a port) and has been in remission for almost 6 years, so there are success stories.

IIRC that's what Marcus Cannon was diagnosed as having. So you know of at least one patient who survived it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back