PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we finally stop pretending that Cam is good?

What a feckin compete, total Waste of money Scam/Cant Newton is. Period.

#FireBillTheGM

Last edited:
Newton is beyond horrible.

seems like after we beat the rams in the super bowl, bb lost his mind and because of that, we are all living in his nightmare!

Last edited:
A bit more context. We do have to remember that his sudden dropoff did begin after he tested positive.

It was brain fog that caused him to throw balls into the dirt or a pick 6 on a screen.

A bit more context. We do have to remember that his sudden dropoff did begin after he tested positive.

The other thing to keep in mind is that just because your anecdotal experience -- or that of relatives, friends -- doesn't include specific symptoms it doesn't mean that others didn't experience them.

We have professional athletes who got COVID and said it was one of the worst experiences they ever had and then we have fat ****s who got it and all they got was a cough.

Saying COVID doesn't cause brainfog just because you didn't get it is the equivalent of saying cigarettes pose no risk because you have been smoking for 40 years and didn't develop lung cancer.

The other thing to keep in mind is that just because your anecdotal experience -- or that of relatives, friends -- doesn't include specific symptoms it doesn't mean that others didn't experience them.

We have professional athletes who got COVID and said it was one of the worst experiences they ever had and then we have fat ****s who got it and all they got was a cough.

Saying COVID doesn't cause brainfog just because you didn't get it is the equivalent of saying cigarettes pose no risk because you have been smoking for 40 years and didn't develop lung cancer.
Doesn’t mean he had it either. It’s a possibility. Like the possibility that he just simply sucked.

I don't think there's much evidence that the Covid excuse for Cam is anything more than that.

If there was really something to the idea that Covid destroyed Cam's season, I really think the coaches would have seen it and he would have been IR'ed.

Cam is still a physical speciem and a great athlete. I have no idea about the brain fog it may be akin to the brian cloud from Joe verus the Volcano.

The Pats look like they are going to have a dominat O Line, all they really need is a great TE and they will have an effective offense.

Didn't his father say he was asymptomatic?
Yes but even if you are asymptomatic you can potentially develop mid to long term symptoms after that. It doesn’t mean that Cam had that.

Let's say the dropoff was 100 percent caused by him contracting covid. Unless he bounces back then it remains true that he isn't good and we should not pretend he is.

i'd say getting COVID midseason, missing time, recovering, all sorts of lost practice time all were contributing factors

so was not enough time with his receivers, not being on the same page with reads/etc - that all feeds back into the issues with the late sign, no camp, little practice time

this is an offense predicated on everyone making the right reads and being on the same page.....that takes time and repetition, two things everyone lacked last season......if you watch Cam last year, you can see times where it def looks like the wheels are turning and smoke is coming out he's working so hard to see it and think - and his footwork tends to go out the window (he had similar issues at times with pressure)......then there were other times where everything clicked, he got over the top of the ball, his footwork was excellent, and he drilled some perfect throws (yes, this happened)

i think many here hope that with more time and a proper off season/pre season, the good reads footwork lead to good progressions and good throws......and that isn't unreasonable based on all the issues coming into play last year and their hopeful resolve this year......

Yes but even if you are asymptomatic you can potentially develop mid to long term symptoms after that. It doesn’t mean that Cam had that.
Either way his problems looked as physical as they did mental.

Either way his problems looked as physical as they did mental.

mental can impact physical.....his biggest problem on his throws was his footwork.......to me it very much looked like there were times where he was slow on his reads/progressions, or wasn't on the same page as his receivers with the reads/timing, and it impacted his decision making, which in turn impacted his footwork, which led to bad throws

his shoulder to me looked fine......i can remember a bunch of throws where is footwork looked great, he got over the ball and threw some absolute lasers

to me it all began and ended with the mental side, although his biggest physical issue was that footwork

mental can impact physical.....his biggest problem on his throws was his footwork.......to me it very much looked like there were times where he was slow on his reads/progressions, or wasn't on the same page as his receivers with the reads/timing, and it impacted his decision making, which in turn impacted his footwork, which led to bad throws

his shoulder to me looked fine......i can remember a bunch of throws where is footwork looked great, he got over the ball and threw some absolute lasers

to me it all began and ended with the mental side, although his biggest physical issue was that footwork
It very well could be his footwork and not his shoulder because his footwork is about as bad as I have ever seen. I am not going to pretend to be Tom House or anything but Cam routinely seemed to be shuffling his feet or throwing off his back foot. Between that and his weird side arm thing he likes to do that gets batted down at the LOS constantly he was about as fundamentally unsound as I have ever seen. I just figured at this point in his career he would have gotten some barebones fundamentals fixed.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back