PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we fill the stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Rams first Super Bowl in 18 years. The LA metropolitan area is much larger than NE. Also the Rams likely have some left over fans from St. Louis
This is the Patriots 4th superbowl in 5 years. When you factor all of this together, I would expect more Rams fans in Atlanta than Patriots fan by 60-40%

Dude, there are more Raiders fans in LA than Rams fans. The size of the city doesn’t mean anything.

LA doesn’t care.

As I said before I worked in LA for a bit not that long ago. I got the sense there isn’t really a whole lot of enthusiasm for football and the NFL there but maybe it was just me.

IMO, the crowd will be: 35% Pats fans, 40% Rams fans, 20% corporate/people who aren't emotionally invested, and 5% fans of other teams.

If someone pays my ticket, I may be a jags fan but you can bet your life savings I’ll show up in a Pats shirt, Pats hat, Pats joggers, Pats socks, Pats Nike’s, Pats underoos, Pats necklace, Pats bracelets, and drinking from a Pats flask while waving a Pats flag. Cmon you need all the fans there possible. Cough up the 5k ;)

Last year felt like 75/25 Eagles, granted, they have fans that actually care. I anticipate a 60/40 Pats crowd.
last year i was there and i felt from my arrival at airport that PHI fans were like at 'home'...
theye were eveywhere...at the stadium i felt 85-15

This is the Rams first Super Bowl in 18 years. The LA metropolitan area is much larger than NE. Also the Rams likely have some left over fans from St. Louis
This is the Patriots 4th superbowl in 5 years. When you factor all of this together, I would expect more Rams fans in Atlanta than Patriots fan by 60-40%

This is true, but the % of people that are in LA that care?

There is ZERO chance there will be the same amount of Rams fans there that there will be Patriots fans. I bet you if you polled every fan that showed up from the LA metro area, there will be more Patriots fans within that group alone than Rams fans. It's going to be a Patriots home game. Gillette South.

Doubt actual Rams fans factor into it much at all; more likely, it'll be Pats fans vs. anti-Pats "fans."

The one I went to was 2011 in Indianapolis. Felt 5 to 1 Giants fans, at least in my section. Even then, probably the least enthusiastic crowd at any game I've been to.

Dude, there are more Raiders fans in LA than Rams fans. The size of the city doesn’t mean anything.

LA doesn’t care.
There are more Patriots fans in LA than Rams fans.

last year i was there and i felt from my arrival at airport that PHI fans were like at 'home'...
theye were eveywhere...at the stadium i felt 85-15

Yeah I’m with you man. My section specifically was 95/5 Eagles lol.

Doubt actual Rams fans factor into it much at all; more likely, it'll be Pats fans vs. anti-Pats "fans."

The one I went to was 2011 in Indianapolis. Felt 5 to 1 Giants fans, at least in my section. Even then, probably the least enthusiastic crowd at any game I've been to.

There are really people out there that will shell out at least $4k just to go and cheer against the Patriots? You'd have to be rich, hateful, and have absolutely no life.

yes true Boston is the metro area, but even if you include 6 states greater LA area probbaly has much larger population
It’s close. New England: about 15 million. Metro LA: about 13 million.

This is the Rams first Super Bowl in 18 years. The LA metropolitan area is much larger than NE. With thousands of transplanted Bostonians. Also the Rams likely have some left over fans from St. Louis They may still be fans, but they're not likely to travel for a team that abandoned them.
This is the Patriots 4th superbowl in 5 years. TB12 is 41. When you factor all of this together, I would expect more Rams fans in Atlanta than Patriots fan by 60-40%. With short daily flights between Boston and Atlanta and lots of business between the 2 cities, my guess is 60-40 Pats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back