PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we fill the stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My wife said, "hey, want to go to Atlanta for the game?" I hadn't even considered it, but we have friends their who will put us up...so we are talking about it.

But that led me to another question: will the Rams be able to get fans to fill their "half"? A little research indicates that they have one of the three worst fan bases in the League, and the relocation is still fresh enough that they haven't recovered from it. To put it lightly, they don't travel well, at all.

So might the crowd be overtly Patriots? And wouldn't that be fantastic?

My wife said, "hey, want to go to Atlanta for the game?" I hadn't even considered it, but we have friends their who will put us up...so we are talking about it.

But that led me to another question: will the Rams be able to get fans to fill their "half"? A little research indicates that they have one of the three worst fan bases in the League, and the relocation is still fresh enough that they haven't recovered from it. To put it lightly, they don't travel well, at all.

I fully expect it to be a Patriots crowd or neutral at worst. LA is a bandwagon sports city, so any that do show will not be passionate.

Patriots fans will make a run at it.

Patriots fans travel. Rams fans, well, there are no Rams fans.

I assume that most Ram "fans" that show up will be corporate yuppies involved with entities that assisted in bringing thr rams back to LA in some capacity who were gifted tickets. Definitely not the yelling crowd.

I assume that most Ram "fans" that show up will be corporate yuppies involved with entities that assisted in bringing thr rams back to LA in some capacity who were gifted tickets. Definitely not the yelling crowd.

Or celebrities

This is every fan at the Super Bowl.

Crowds won't matter. The few who are real fans will get drowned out by silence.

Last year felt like 75/25 Eagles, granted, they have fans that actually care. I anticipate a 60/40 Pats crowd.

Last edited:
This is every fan at the Super Bowl.

Crowds won't matter. The few who are real fans will get drowned out by silence.

So your saying the way to look at the demographics of the stadium crowd is something like 30% real fans and 70% unengaged rich folks just wanting to have the fun of going to a Super Bowl? That makes sense, even if disappointing.

mods, this thread probably fits in the "Going to the Super Bowl" thread that was started prior.

My lady and I booked the flights and hotel to be in Atlanta just for this.

Now, if someone in our forum has two tickets at a reasonable price, I will be very interested in it. :)

Thanks,

The rams couldn’t even get majority of the crowd to cheer them IN la for the cowboys game (At least from the sounds of it, seemed half half at best). We SHOULD be able to be the easy majority here. If it can be like another home game thatd be huge. At the very least itll be far from a road game

Congrats on getting your tickets

This is the Rams first Super Bowl in 18 years. The LA metropolitan area is much larger than NE. Also the Rams likely have some left over fans from St. Louis
This is the Patriots 4th superbowl in 5 years. When you factor all of this together, I would expect more Rams fans in Atlanta than Patriots fan by 60-40%

Last year was very pro Eagles, the year before was pro Pats. I think it will be a 50/50 split this time.

Last year was very pro Eagles, the year before was pro Pats. I think it will be a 50/50 split this time.
yes true Boston is the metro area, but even if you include 6 states greater LA area probbaly has much larger population

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes