PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we criticize the defense now? Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The damn 4 safety defense that we supposedly scrapped after week 1 returns to allow another 40 burger.
That’s the reason we lost.
But I’m not going to ***** about getting to the Sb and having brady with the ball at his 25 down 5 with 2 minutes to go and a time-out after 4 consecutive TD drives of 90,75,75,75

Without the strip sack we win the game without question.

**** happens. No reason to act likely entitled whiny *****es crying about everything and making idiotic statements.

like the Pats have a decent defense
THey had a very good defense all year. Today it played poorly.

But by all means let’s line them up in front of a firing sqiad because they owed you a win today right?

One thing is clear- this defense is total garbage without Malcolm Butler and gave up 583 yards, most ever by a Belichick team

Only 1 word for the defense. Putrid. They couldn’t cover (that TD to Jeffrey was hideous, Rowe was there, and he didn’t make a play on the ball) couldn’t tackle, couldn’t stop anyone on 3rd OR 4th down. And they couldn’t coach. Belichick and Patricia are supposedly defensive geniuses, had 2 weeks to prepare, and the defense played their worst game of the year. You could say they didn’t have the studs on D, but where was that D that held Tennessee to 14 points and had 8 sacks ? Where was that D that kept Jacksonville from scoring so Brady could come back ? Where was that D that held opponents to under 14 points a game the last 12 games ? Same players, horrible coaching and coaching decisions (not playing Butler and Branch). Just horrific.

I have taken flack literally every game this season when I have commented on the ludicrously horrendous defense we have had all of this year. Well, the chickens have come home to roost because to put it succinctly, this defense blows! I would also bet my life savings that Matty P will stink as an NFL head coach. BB has a nerve fielding this collection of JAGS this year. Brady has to constantly play the role of superman to bail these bums out. It must be exhausting.

The damn 4 safety defense that we supposedly scrapped after week 1 returns to allow another 40 burger.
That’s the reason we lost.
But I’m not going to ***** about getting to the Sb and having brady with the ball at his 25 down 5 with 2 minutes to go and a time-out after 4 consecutive TD drives of 90,75,75,75

Without the strip sack we win the game without question.

**** happens. No reason to act likely entitled whiny *****es crying about everything and making idiotic statements.
I thought things looked ok at that point, but counting on Brady to be Superman at the end of every game can’t last forever.

I thought things looked ok at that point, but counting on Brady to be Superman at the end of every game can’t last forever.
Who says it will? It didn’t.
I swear people around here act like we are entitled to win and should be perfect.
Getting to that point in a super bowl is pretty damn good but people act like it’s an embarrassment that we don’t win every single time.

THey had a very good defense all year. Today it played poorly.

But by all means let’s line them up in front of a firing sqiad because they owed you a win today right?

They didn't owe me anything. But they weren't good all season, they just didn't play anybody. 41 points to a backup QB in the superbowl.

Call it 38 with the fumble

Hurrrr chicken Little’s!!! Hurrrrr. Those imbeciles

They didn't owe me anything. But they weren't good all season, they just didn't play anybody. 41 points to a backup QB in the superbowl.

Call it 38 with the fumble
They were 5th in points allowed and. 1st after week 4. That’s good.

Only 1 word for the defense. Putrid. They couldn’t cover (that TD to Jeffrey was hideous, Rowe was there, and he didn’t make a play on the ball) couldn’t tackle, couldn’t stop anyone on 3rd OR 4th down. And they couldn’t coach. Belichick and Patricia are supposedly defensive geniuses, had 2 weeks to prepare, and the defense played their worst game of the year. You could say they didn’t have the studs on D, but where was that D that held Tennessee to 14 points and had 8 sacks ? Where was that D that kept Jacksonville from scoring so Brady could come back ? Where was that D that held opponents to under 14 points a game the last 12 games ? Same players, horrible coaching and coaching decisions (not playing Butler and Branch). Just horrific.

No NOT the same players. This game without your healthy best starting CB, a 2 time champion former pro bowler

They were 5th in points allowed and. 1st after week 4. That’s good.

Those stats were with Malcolm Butler. Defense is trash without Butler. As tonight showed they gave up 583 yards to a backup QB without Malcolm Butler

Those stats were with Malcolm Butler. Defense is trash without Butler. As tonight showed they gave up 583 yards to a backup QB without Malcolm Butler
Regardless of whatever commentary you want to add that’s how the defense played this season.

Who says it will? It didn’t.
I swear people around here act like we are entitled to win and should be perfect.
Getting to that point in a super bowl is pretty damn good but people act like it’s an embarrassment that we don’t win every single time.

This game would have been a major dud if it wasn't for brady. I thought our coaching staff didn't have a good game mainly on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST