PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we beat the Packers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thechris said:
Okay, I just finished watching my 1996 Patriots Season in Review on VHS and now I'm pissed. We must beat Favre! I wonder if Max Lane will be in attendance...

See, that's where you went wrong.

Last night, I watched the 2001 Pats Super Bowl XXXVI/season DVD.

The night before that, I watched 3GTG I.

The 2001 Pats were also the last team to start off 6-3 or worse (5-5, in fact) and win the Super Bowl.

I am now concerned about THIS GAME. I'm not concerned about past games because we can't replay them.

I was very confident in a win today until the word that both Wilson and Samuels are out. I thnk that Chad Scott will do a good job at CB. However, I'm not so sure about Sanders.

And, when we should be playing nickle or dime packages, that leaves us with Willie Andrews and Troy.

So, I have become concerned.
We may have to score more points than originally thought.

Last edited:
Very concerned as well by the news Samuel is out.

I think we may lose.

Favre thrives off of big plays down the field a la Pennington. With the secondary in tatters (again), this game will be a lot closer than it should be. After the past two weeks, I'm not sure what to expect from this team. I hope they win but they could just as easily lose. I think they have a 50-50 chance of winning.

Golly gee willikers. At least we were competitive.:rolleyes:

I'm shooting the first one of you Manic-Depressives that starts the "undefeated rest of the way?" thread.:bricks:

RayClay said:

I'm shooting the first one of you Manic-Depressives that starts the "undefeated rest of the way?" thread.:bricks:
Ray, funny.

The title of this thread looks pretty silly now, doesn't it? You mentioned Manic-Depressive, but would you say the Patriots are playing a bit schizophrenic from week to week right now?

RayClay said:

Funny stuff! Where'd these guys come from? Seen so many bandwagon fans swinging this way and that, show up this year and post their paranoid ***es off.

Seriously, this team is going undefeated the rest of the way....er....umm...is still a work in progress. The secondary will have another relatively managable week next week. The front seven had a great game. They will need another next week. But this offense still looked spotty today, against a relatively weak defense. There can be NO MISTAKES next week. This needs to be a Charlie Weiss kinda game plan (yes folks) to succeed. Nothing fancy. Take what is available. Dont try to win the game with every play. Patience. Boring, sweet patience. Thats the key next week. And I am still not sure the offense is to that point yet (though I really hope they are). Next week will tell the tale.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Ray, funny.

The title of this thread looks pretty silly now, doesn't it? You mentioned Manic-Depressive, but would you say the Patriots are playing a bit schizophrenic from week to week right now?

I'd say they're suffering from multiple personality disorder on offense.

We've got lots of weapons, but it's hard to keep all them all honed and ready to use.

I still like having 4 RBs 5 WRs and 3 TEs as the rest of the league starts to wear down.

Nobody stays perfectly in tune all season, (even when they're winning. Credit to Colts and Chicago but you know they scraped by some awful teams).

That's why they play the games. I'm happy and confident for the rest of the season.

shirtsleeve said:
Funny stuff! Where'd these guys come from? Seen so many bandwagon fans swinging this way and that, show up this year and post their paranoid ***es off.

Seriously, this team is going undefeated the rest of the way....er....umm...is still a work in progress. The secondary will have another relatively managable week next week. The front seven had a great game. They will need another next week. But this offense still looked spotty today, against a relatively weak defense. There can be NO MISTAKES next week. This needs to be a Charlie Weiss kinda game plan (yes folks) to succeed. Nothing fancy. Take what is available. Dont try to win the game with every play. Patience. Boring, sweet patience. Thats the key next week. And I am still not sure the offense is to that point yet (though I really hope they are). Next week will tell the tale.

Great points. If you have the same QB and 2 receivers for years your just going to be tighter. 1 running back used in the same situations is going to be reliable and mistake free.

We're not tight on offense, but we have tons of weapons.

Reminds me of my school's BBall team at UMass with Camby. We had 2 guards who played 40 minutes every game and 1 (one) guy who backed up Center and both forwards.

Those guys were tight. They could read each other minds.

In the end, Kentucky used about 12 guys and just wore them out, (they'd already beat Kentucky).

If we can utilize every NFL capable starter on offense and stay in rhythm, we can beat anybody. Easier said than done though.

There's a lot to be said for tightness.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick