PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we acquire Stefon Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB is not fooling around this season. WR help is needed right now.

Trade Gordon and a draft pick. He has been useless.

1 Edelman
2 Diggs
3 Dorsett

I can live with.
Thats not going to happen and Gordon is not useless it would be awful for his Rehab to trade him.

Does anyone else find the NFL salary cap both mind numbingly complex and confusing and boring at the same time? I hate the topic but I imagine it has some real world implications. It just seems as a dummy looking in from the outside that they can play games with the numbers and restructure people/add fake years at the end (per Felger and Mazz rantings) and make it work most of the time.

Anyone who actually understands the cap can we add a guy like this? Are we still on the hook for AB against the cap?

There is nothing really complicated about 90% of the salary cap. Apart from the odd and rare edge cases. What specifically confuses you ?

If you spend like 10 minutes on Spotrac or OvertheCap just checking out a single contract you should understand the fundamentals (signing bonus, its proration and effect on dead cap when a player with open bonus proration gets cut) pretty fast.

But then again to people listening to Felger even opening a door might be a challenge.

Thats not going to happen and Gordon is not useless it would be awful for his Rehab to trade him.
Hold on.

Gordon's rehab should never be the team's burden or boat anchor impeding potential improvement.

At this moment the relationship is mutually beneficial. If gains can be realized by trading him they need to follow through.

BB is not fooling around this season. WR help is needed right now.

Trade Gordon and a draft pick. He has been useless.

1 Edelman
2 Diggs
3 Dorsett

I can live with.

We need to add a weapon not keep status quo

Trade gordon for who? I rather keep him and Diggs. You can’t have enough weapons. Still think it’s a pipe dream. Lol.

Yeah but where can we add an all-world WR at this stage of the game for pennies compared to what he’s actually worth? We need a guy that can come in and catch at least 3 balls and maybe 1 TD right out of the gate and I seriously have no idea where we can find such a stud.

DNenS8fVQAACInU

Diggs at Logan Airport

A little update....

Mo proving the adage it's best to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are dumb than tweet something stupid and show everyone you are.

How much money did they save from releasing Meredith?

He tweeted out an emoji and why exactly is anyone thinking this is Patriots related ?

What am I missing here ?
Twitter without a doubt has one of the worst user interfaces in existence.

It alternates between reading bottom-to-top and top-to-bottom.

You click a link/button showing the number of replies to a tweet, and instead of showing you said replies to the tweet, it opens the "add a response" dialog.

The embedded tweets (like the ones riddled in the NESN article) make it look Diggs wrote them. Probably 50% of people scrolling through that NESN article are going to think that Diggs was posting Pats gifs.

It's kind of shocking how terrible it is. The sad thing is that once these sites get big, they become extremely reluctant to change anything because of how sensitive users are to change. It will remain trash.

I would love this move, but I don't see it happening. Such a shame.

Yes, Diggs is that weapon.

Look at that? WIDE RECEIVERS 2019 | Football Outsiders Illustrating my point, Diggs is having a terrible season and he is ranked directly above Gordon. Also, Gordon has hands of stone 52% catch rate. Diggs 68% catch rate. Give me Diggs and send Gordon out in a trade.

Brady to Diggs and Diggs numbers would ascend in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST