PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we acquire Stefon Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do they call a huge deal?
I wouldn't part with more than 2 second rounders.
But expect a 5th and 7th back.

They will want a first.

Reasonable contract and not old.

They will want a first.

Reasonable contract and not old.
I would call Atlanta and see if they would part with Ridley for a first before Diggs
Call the Browns and offer a third for Calloway or Higgins.

I would call Atlanta and see if they would part with Ridley for a first before Diggs
Call the Browns and offer a third for Calloway or Higgins.
Think Atlanta would part with Julio for Harmon and a 3rd? ;)

Think Atlanta would part with Julio for Harmon and a 3rd? ;)
I don't think they would trade him for 2 1sts Ridley who is there third receiver and has undeniable talent could be pried for our first and is still on his rookie deal would absolutely love that trade.
With Ross on IR Bengals aren't moving any receivers.
It wouldn't hurt to call Houston about Fuller maybe they want to recoup a second or third round pick.

I don't really buy the hype on Diggs as a true WR1. He's never had a big statistical year, and plenty of WR2 over the years have put up big numbers, so it's not just because of Thielen. I think Diggs would be a great fit as a route runner in this offense but he's not a star, he's not worth a 1st round pick, and he's not worth his contract.

So what do they call a huge deal?
I wouldn't part with more than 2 second rounders.
But expect a 5th and 7th back.
Ten 7th round picks should do it!

Has anyone suggested to Diggs that he freeze his feet?

I don't really buy the hype on Diggs as a true WR1. He's never had a big statistical year, and plenty of WR2 over the years have put up big numbers, so it's not just because of Thielen. I think Diggs would be a great fit as a route runner in this offense but he's not a star, he's not worth a 1st round pick, and he's not worth his contract.

Has anyone suggested to Diggs that he freeze his feet?
Or get advice from people on social media? Say, Pats fans? :D

I think he's a solid 1B receiver. Similar to Brandin Cooks role in that he is a great option as long as he is not the sole focus of the defense. Pair him with Edelman underneath and Gordon on the opposite side I think he would do well here. As far as being overpaid he is the 13th highest paid wide receiver which puts him in the mid tier of number one receivers which is about what he is. That being said we would need to move some money around to fit him under the cap.

Who cares, let’s just get one more!

(Which I say every year)

I actually do agree with you on that one this year though. I wouldn't have a problem with that kind of move.

Can they? Probably not due to cap restrictions.

Of course if they somehow did, and the accusations come out of the woodwork..what happens then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick