PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Boston win the championship grand slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly?

Many multiples than care about the Bruins.

And I'm a Bruins fan.

Well, insomnia is a real problem in America so I understand why some people would be interested in the Red Sox.

Honestly?

Many multiples than care about the Bruins.

And I'm a Bruins fan.

I have never enjoyed watching hockey. Maybe it's because I never played it, as opposed to baseball, basketball and football. But, I don't dislike the Bruins. I always hope they do well and I've been rooting for them in this playoff run and actually have checked in on their games on TV during these finals. I'll never understand why people have to disparage another sport and/or team in order to validate their own. The teams in this area have been ridiculously successful in the past 2 decades. Rather than pitting them against one another, I'd rather celebrate and appreciate all of their successes. I think they, by and large, all root for one another and I think that's great.

Well, insomnia is a real problem in America so I understand why some people would be interested in the Red Sox.
I'm guessing reading your posts might even work better...

With the ring Ceremony and game 5 scheduled Thursday it would be cool to clinch it the same night. LFG!
Considering how supportive the patriots have been during this Bruins run, I’m guessing the TV will be on at the Kraft house Thursday.

Considering how supportive the patriots have been during this Bruins run, I’m guessing the TV will be on at the Kraft house Thursday.
They should move the party to the Garden just to have both going on at the same time in the same building and really make the sports world jealous.

Sad that the Bruins couldn't close the deal. Zigging while the league is Zagging. The Cup will be raised in St. Louis this Sunday. What does that drop Boston/NE record in all sports Championships versus St. Louis too?

Doesn't look good for the Bruins

Do Stanley Cup Finals only have five games? I missed the memo.
It does crack me up how quickly people here completely give up when a team is down. I mean, like, no Boston team has ever come from behind in a game or series before....

It does crack me up how quickly people here completely give up when a team is down. I mean, like, no Boston team has ever come from behind in a game or series before....

No kidding. 28-3 anyone?

This just feels different though. It's not just that they are down 3-2. It's that they have been outplayed 5 on 5. Their stars are underperforming (And that's being kind). I never felt they would lose to Toronto. I thought they were just as good. I don't get that sense here.

Now is that to say they can't win two straight? Obviously not. They have one (Possibly two chances to change the narrative). But fair or not, a loss tomorrow will affect Bergeron's (And others) legacy in the city. Sure they won in 2011. But it'll also be remembered how they lost three straight Finals games (up 2-1) on two separate occassions. That's a bad look.

If Bruins don't score first...it could be a long night :(

This just feels different though. It's not just that they are down 3-2. It's that they have been outplayed 5 on 5. Their stars are underperforming (And that's being kind). I never felt they would lose to Toronto. I thought they were just as good. I don't get that sense here.
Really? This “feels different”? This is not even remotely the toughest odds a Boston team has faced and overcome.

This years Sox looks like last years Celts - just teasing us

This just feels different though. It's not just that they are down 3-2. It's that they have been outplayed 5 on 5.

Who knows. Games and series can change so quickly.

It wasn’t long ago that the Bruins had won eight straight playoff games before finally losing in overtime. They quickly rebounded to win the next game by five goals and, I’ll admit, I thought they would win the next one and finish it out in five. Obviously that was wrong, and now they look bad. But things can change back just as quickly. They win tomorrow, there’s a game seven in Boston. I’m not counting them out.

Sad that the Bruins couldn't close the deal. Zigging while the league is Zagging. The Cup will be raised in St. Louis this Sunday. What does that drop Boston/NE record in all sports Championships versus St. Louis too?

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots