PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Campbell: Mac Jones Crossed The Line

You have to earn the right to trash talk. But the idea that QBs must sweet talk the DL or else the DL will intentionally injure them is fine worthy BS

I will admit that what I’ve heard of Mac’s trash talk seems contrived, forced, and cringey to listen to.

It doesn’t feel like authentic, genuine trash talk, but rather jackassery, something intended to provoke, humiliate, and degrade, rather than two competitors jawing at each other … and candidly, as Campbell put it, it’s off-putting and disrespectful.

We all have different concepts of what trash talk should look like, and what does (or doesn’t) cross a line.

That’s still no reason for a dirty hit on the guy, though.
Does anyone have any examples of Mac trash talking? I'm curious what his best zingers are.

I will admit that what I’ve heard of Mac’s trash talk seems contrived, forced, and cringey to listen to.

It doesn’t feel like authentic, genuine trash talk, but rather jackassery, something intended to provoke, humiliate, and degrade, rather than two competitors jawing at each other … and candidly, as Campbell put it, it’s off-putting and disrespectful.

We all have different concepts of what trash talk should look like, and what does (or doesn’t) cross a line.

That’s still no reason for a dirty hit on the guy, though.
Any examples? I confess I have no idea what he says on the field but this seems hilarious

Sad days for Boston sports.

Nothing worst than big game talkers that cannot deliver.

We had Bird and Brady who backed up the talk x 100.

Now we have the ones that write checks that they can't cash.

It's all 4 teams too.

Loserville USA once again.

Same as it was before 2001...with one little difference...

Imagine being on the other side of the ball and hearing Mac barking at you.

It's all 4 teams too.

Loserville USA once again.

Same as it was before 2001...with one little difference...
Wow. Your memory is a bit cloudy if you think this resembles the Boston-area 'NYC Arc' of non-competitiveness.

You have to earn the right to trash talk. But the idea that QBs must sweet talk the DL or else the DL will intentionally injure them is fine worthy BS
Defenses of old would love a QB who throws INTs.

Kinda the goose that laid the golden egg.

Mac Jones needs to cut out the dirty ****, and he should shut up until he accomplishes something. Calais Campbell has been a great player for years, he’s earned the right to speak out abut things like this.

Considering what is happening with the 2021 QB draft class I am thankful that we have Mac.

Trey Lance and Zach Wilson - entering Bust status and relegated to backups in 2nd/ 3rd season .

Trevor - inching up and had 1 post season appearance and 1 terrible losing season.

Justin fields - 2 damp squib seasons

Mac Jones - 1 post season and 1 near post season with a defensive coach handling OLine and OC .

Our standards of judgement as fans are so unfair. We really need to be behind Mac and hope he can take the proverbial jump.

Shanahan is going back to the conventional QB in purdy and surrounding with playmakers. We still don't have that but hoping we can see the jump from our wide receivers.

Mac Jones - 1 post season and 1 near post season with a defensive coach handling OLine and OC .
I wouldn't call last year an "almost post-season" season. They needed like three unlikely things to go their way on the last week of the season to sneak into the tournament. That's not something to hang your hat on especially since they expanded the playoffs.

I wouldn't call last year an "almost post-season" season. They needed like three unlikely things to go their way on the last week of the season to sneak into the tournament. That's not something to hang your hat on especially since they expanded the playoffs.
They just had to win against bills and they were in .

They just had to win against bills and they were in .
True, and there were a several preposterous L's that should have been W's (Vikings, Raiders, Bengals & Bills)). The team knows they are playoff caliber, which is good for their confidence going into this year. Missing the playoffs is what landed us Christian Gonzales, plus we've fixed the coaching, so we're in excellent position all things considered. The schedule is crazy difficult, so we have to win the games we're in position to win, no giveaways like last season. And we must at least split our division games which I think we can.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back